Such Anxiety:
Okay... I took my last bcp last night and now I'm wondering when I can expect the lovely Aunt Flow. During all previous medications I started the gonal-f injections on CD3. This month my Re's office is having me wait until next Tues (May 9th). So if I start my period before Sunday (which I would think is likely)... I won't start my injections until CD 4 or 5. Isn't that too late? Or is this cycle different from the others since i just had a period 2 weeks ago and I was put on this short regimen of bcp's to help rid myself of these cysts that decided to pop up. I've never had cysts before (that I know of) and I don't like the fact that this cycle is already starting out differently from what I've previously understood to be protocol. Of course if this wasn't going on I'd find something else to worry about. I have the most unfortunate (maybe smart) habit of questioning everything about my treatment. Sometimes I wish I could just have blind faith in this process. But, my husband and I have put soooo much into these treatments... our finances, heart and soul. I don't need careless mistakes to lessen our odds or ruin a cycle. I think it's important to have some control over your treatment. I've already caught a few mistakes my office has made (one time they actually wrote down the wrong time for the trigger shot.... they wrote 1pm instead of 1am so my IUI would have seriously been off.)... Luckily I caught it b/c i wondered why my IUI would be only 22 hours after the trigger. That experience only made me more paranoid about everything. So... now I sit here chewing my fingernails.... wondering if they are messing up w/ my treatment again. Should I just chill?
On another note:
J is back at work today. He's not 100% but he is feeling somewhat better.
Do any of you watch TV series? We rent movies through Blockbuster on-line.. and we like to rent TV series that have been released to DVD b/c then we can watch as many as we want, when we want w/out commercials.
Our list to date includes....
Oz (HBO show)
The Sopranos (HBO show)... watched 5 seasons in less than 6 months
Nip/Tuck
The Shield
Alias (currently watching... going down hill fast as each season concludes)
Our next TV series to try out soon: Band of Brothers.....



4 Comments:
Glad to hear J is on the mend. Good luck with your cycle. I am one of those blind faith people, but only because too much information would send me right crazy. I envy you for ability to take control of your treatment.
Good luck and take care
Found you on Jenny's site. Just wanted to say that I got pregnant after my second round of IUI with Gonal injections. I only wanted to share because hearing success stories always helped me stay positive. I am eleven weeks today.
If this helps you at all, my regimen was Clomid days 3 through 7, and Gonal starting on day 5 up until the ultrasound showed follicles of the right size. So I don't think day 5 is too late. In my humble opinion.
I just wanted to wish you luck. I'll be checking back in on you!
Oh, and also just wanted to add that Clomid made me crazy too! And I was hyperstimulated one month too, and had to be on the bcps for a month. Hang in and try to stay positive!
Thank god I never did clomid, it sounds awful. I skipped right to IVF so I don't have any decent advice. I questioned alot during my cycle too. Blogs are great for that, people will give you all the advice/experience they can.
Thank you for stopping by and giving your support.
All the best to you with this cycle!
Post a Comment
<< Home