Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2008

6 1/2 months old already...

In the last three weeks...
  • I finished packing our house
  • Worried about escrow actually closing... but it did and we no longer own that house. Thank goodness!!!!
  • Had painful eye surgery. Much better now but still having a hard time using my eye. First week was absolute hell.
  • We moved....long day w/ the moving company and the babies were very out of sorts w/ no schedule.
  • I unpacked all the boxes and got us settled into this new house.

So its been a hectic few weeks but I'm finally starting to feel relaxed for the first time in a while. I woke up the last few mornings and just felt content. I could feed my babies, hold them and play w/ them w/out the pressure of a million things needing to get done in the back of my mind. I don't have to keep the house spotless for potential buyers...I don't have to pack up the house in 2 weeks so we'll be ready to move. It's so nice... My appetite is a little better w/ the stress off my back and I just feel so relieved that we're moved and in this new town. We are now living just 5 minutes from J's work. He used to commute 2+ hours so this is wonderful. He's home more and we're saving all of that gas money. We're also living in a great area of town and its fun to see all that we have available to us here. Beautiful parks...walking trails.... great shopping, etc.

My twins are now 6 1/2 months old. It makes me sad at times that they are growing up so quickly. I feel like they'll be driving off to college before I know it. I am having such fun w/ them and never want it to stop.

We had our 6 month check up this week so they were actually almost 6 1/2 months old. Their stats are as follows:

Andrew- 18.10 oz, 26 inches long
Matthew-16.10 oz, 26 inches long

Yesterday was the first time that they ate solid foods three times during the day. They got breakfast, lunch and dinner. They've only been eating solids now for about 3 weeks. I started w/ the rice cereal....next we tried sweet potatoes and then sweet peas. All of has gone well so far and I'll try another veggie tomorrow. They always have rice cereal for breakfast and then a veggie for lunch.... some of both for dinner. Once I know there are no allergy concerns...I'll offer them several choices at each meal.

Matthew is rolling all over the room so I've had to start baby proofing the house. Pillows now rest along my entertainment center so that he won't hit his head. He is very close to crawling. It's bound to happen any day now. Matthew loves to play and is really good at grasping things. His favorite toy is a brightly colored fish (teether). His eyes light up when he sees it. He's still quite the independent one...he can entertain himself for a long time. It's a treat when he'll cuddle up on me b/c he usually bounces or jumps up and down on my lap. And even though Matthew is my smaller baby, he is actually my better eater when it comes to solids and he can now hold his own bottle no problem. One thing I worry about is how he now always sleeps on his stomach and sometimes his face is straight down which worries me w/ the SIDS. We always put him on his back but he rolls right over. Overall Matthew is my easy baby... you take care of his basic needs and he's content.

Andrew is my sweetie pie "drama" baby. He's still very dramatic...very emotional...but such a mama's boy. That kid will scream when he wants something...such as to be held. And since he wants to be held all day long we get into a battle sometimes. He likes to cuddle and would be in my arms 24 hours a day if he had his way. This kid is so funny. He still laughs uncontrollably at times. I dance around the room w/ him and he finds it hysterical. He has the greatest laugh. It's also funny to watch him on the floor mat or in the exerciser. He pouts when he isn't getting attention... He'll look at me and smile and then a look will cross his face when I look away (but i look out the corner of my eye) and he'll pout and have trembling lips but as soon as I look at him again he'll smile. Andrew is still working on rolling over...doesn't have it down yet.

I love these guys so much.... My heart is so full. I am so very blessed. I don't know how I got soooo lucky to have such a wonderful family. I love my husband more every day as I see him interact w/ the boys. He does such a great job. J is very family oriented. I'm so thankful to have such a great partner and two beautiful sons. I just pray everyday that we all stay safe and healthy. There is never a moment that I take this for granted.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 4/10/2008 8:11 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Hi! I went back and starting reading your blog from IVF part. That is what I am going through. I am so happy for you! Things seem to be going well now and less stressed! I hope to be a mother soon with our first IVF Cycle. Keep posting!

 
At 4/10/2008 7:54 PM, Blogger JV said...

It all sounds wonderful! Glad to hear you are more relaxed. I know that feeling of gratitude, the recognizing the blessing and not taking them for granted. Sometimes I think that it's probably the only "positive" side effect of infertility, for the lucky ones who make it to the other side: we get to feel so grateful and blessed. Wishing this for everyone in our IF community... And so happy to read your happy stories!

 
At 4/10/2008 9:08 PM, Blogger soralis said...

Wow I can't believe they are 6+ months already! It goes by so fast. You have been busy moving too. Yikes with young twins you are brave! I think JV is right about the 'positive' side effect of IF. I am not sure I would appreciate what I have sooo very much had they have come easy.

Take care

 
At 4/11/2008 11:03 AM, Blogger Gemini Girl said...

faith- arent we blessed? your children are beautiful, y our family is blessed!

 
At 4/11/2008 12:16 PM, Blogger SMiLeD said...

Hey girl, just replying to your poopy question, sorry for the mega response that is to follow. The same thing happened with Drew, he went from a once a day to 3 times a day pooper, but at least the poops are more solid. With Livi it depends what she eats, but yes sometimes she gets runny poop. I think it happens more when we first introduce a new food, and evens itself out after 3 or 4 days. Things like prunes, greenbeans, and peas tend to give her runny stools and applesauce and bananas firm it up. Oh, and the rice cereal really bound up their poor tummies and made for super hard poop, we quickly switched to oatmeal and haven't had a problem. I think in order to have an allergic reaction there has to be an all over rash or bloody stool. I would maybe go a little slower introducing new foods, maybe once a week vs. every 4 days until they get used to it and then increase it? For the diaper rash, Drew has been battling this alot lately, we do lots of naked time in the evening to air things out. And at night I put the full strength Desitin (not the 'creamy'), it seems to work the best for us.

Hope that helps, sorry it was a book!

 
At 4/11/2008 7:12 PM, Blogger Bea said...

You musn't know yourself with all those lifestyle improvements! Especially the having a husband home. It's great he's able to come home and not miss out on this precious time with you all.

Bea

 
At 4/11/2008 8:39 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

I'm glad you are getting settled in. It has to be so much better to not have to worry about the state of your house and having to be able to get the heck out to show it. What a way to live with two small babies!

I have been having a very emotional time lately with how fast babies grow! One day you bring them home and they are just a little blob (sweet little blob) and then suddenly they are muttering things that actually sound like words and scooting across the living room. In just mere months! It makes me so sad. I don't want him to grow up so fast. I want to enjoy my baby as long as I can. We got some new clothes for spring and summer and they are 12 and 18 months. They look so huge and I know Jake will be fitting into them, but how can it be so? I'm not ready!!!

I'm so glad that J will be so close. It has to be such a relief that he is near. Now if you really need him or have an emergency at least he isn't hours away. Plus, like you said, with the cost of gas, it makes a huge difference to be close to work! I bet you guys are already enjoying that change!

 
At 4/12/2008 1:15 PM, Blogger edie & ella said...

Glad you are back and more settled. I hate moving -- being in limbo always stinks. It must be nice to have more time with the babies and to have your husband home more. I don't know about you but I love unpacking and setting things up -- it's fun to have everything super clean and organized (for a while anyway) !!! Glad your eyes are better -- that must be a relief -- for me eye surgery would be worse than the c-section -- it makes me ill to think about someone tinkering around my eyes. Take care sam

 
At 4/14/2008 9:31 AM, Blogger Runergirl said...

So glad everything went smoothly!! Your boys are getting to be so big!!!

 
At 4/16/2008 6:38 AM, Blogger Piccinigirl said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your NEW HOME!!!
I love the story about the boys, it's so nice to know how they are doing. I can't believe they are 6 1/2 months old already. Where did that time go?
Glad you are feeling better, enjoying your new home and being a mommy. You sound so good. :)

(Hug)

 
At 4/20/2008 9:08 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Sooooo, it sounds like you've had a lot of free time on your hands! LOL.

So glad you are getting settled! The new neighborhood sounds amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller