Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

4 Months Old

My babies turned four months old on Sunday. I'm noticing more changes these days. They're reaching more and more developmental milestones.


As of four months:
  • we're usually eating about 5oz six times a day. And normally the last feeding is increased to 6oz in hopes of sleeping longer through the night.
  • Our diapers are changed 6 times/day and we only poop once a day now.
  • We wear size 2 diapers.
  • we have our last feeding between 7-8pm and then wake up hungry around 2-3am. We are fed and put back down to sleep until our next feeding around 6am. Then we start our day.
  • We still share a crib that is in the master bedroom. In another month or so we'll be in our own separate cribs and in the nursery at night.
  • We have a nighttime routine that includes swaddling, white noise and sleeping in our crib. We are only in our cribs at night. We tried to stop swaddling and we weren't ready to give that up yet.
  • We are still restless at night and Daddy is the one that usually gets up to give us our pacifier or to check on us. Mommy is lucky to have Daddy.
  • We like sucking on our pacifiers. Andrew especially. Mommy worries that we'll still be sucking on them when we're three years old.
  • We have almost outgrown our infant bathtub. We splash water all over the place during bath time.
  • We now recognize Mommy's face and voice and we mimic her expressions.
  • We have a daily routine that is a constant cycle of feeding, burping, diaper change, activity time and then nap...then we start over again
  • We can play and entertain ourselves in our exercisers for up to an hour. We love to bounce up and down. Matthew lasts much longer than Andrew before becoming bored or fussy. We also love to look at ourselves in the mirror. And just recently we realized that we can touch the rattle and have it make a noise. (Matthew has been playing in his exerciser for 90 mins and just now fell asleep in there)
  • We smile all of the time and actually laugh out loud.
  • We also "talk" constantly.
  • We do not roll over from a laying down position and haven't attempted it either. We can occasionally when we are propped up in the boppy pillows on our stomachs.
  • We dislike tummy-time greatly. Mommy has to distract/entertain us constantly in order for us to be on our tummy even 5 mins. We don't get much tummy time.
  • We still have yet to try anything other than milk (breast milk or formula). Mommy is still debating on when to try out the rice cereal &/or solid foods. Mommy has many food allergies and she fears that early introduction of foods could increase our chances of having them too.
  • Daddy packs one of us around in the baby Bjorn carrier when he gets home from work. Mommy doesn't use it much b/c it hurts her back.
  • We will be getting our first immunizations tomorrow. Mommy and Daddy decided to put them off a little and we'll be spacing them out. So we'll only get the HIB and IPV (polio) vaccines tomorrow. We'll alternate that series of shots w/ the DTaP series (starting next month). All of the other immunizations will be put off until we're a little older.
  • Daddy set up our 529 college savings plans this past month. So we're already being prepped for college :-)


***I will update later this week on how the immunizations go. J will be going with me. He's taking the day off because I'll be having a CAT scan later on in the day. I had some x-rays of my head come back abnormal last month so they want me to have a CAT scan. I hoping this might lead to some answers on why I have such horrible headaches. I have daily (5 out of 7 days/week on average) headaches that cause moderate but manageable pain and then severe migraines on top of that. My primary physician was concerned when I mentioned it a few years ago. I've lived with this a very long time...since high school. My doctor said it wasn't normal and not okay to ignore so I agreed to look into some testing after my pregnancy. I wasn't willing to worry about it during my infertility treatments so now that we're past all of that maybe we can find a cause and a cure to my headache issues. I am crossing my fingers that they do indeed find something as long as it's easily treatable/curable. I'm not holding any high expectations though since headaches run in my family and no one else has found a magic cure.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 1/29/2008 12:28 PM, Blogger Sunita said...

Hi Faith-
I have a 15 week old, Oliver (conceived through IUI). He hated tummy time and then I got a fabulous tip, that worked. Sit down on the floor with your legs bent. Hold one of the boys tummy down on your shins, with their head above your knees, and hold their hands. Then talk to them and slowly, each day, lower your legs down so they are eventually straight (the boys will then have to lift their head to look at you). Oliver tolerated being flat on the ground much better when he was lying on my shins. Then as his head got stronger we moved to the floor and he tolerated it much better.
I hope this helps and works for you!

-Sunita

 
At 1/29/2008 3:35 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

Jake is still not a big fan of tummy time unless it is his idea. I will put him down on his mat or a blanket and give him a bunch of toys and he will roll over and play when he is ready. He has been rolling onto his tummy in his crib at night and it is funny! But he only likes to roll one way and if he gets stuck where he can't get back over he gets pissed! Man does he have a temper.

Good luck with your studies. I'm not sure if I want to say I hope they find a reason for your headaches or not. I just hope they can help you. Headaches are miserable.

 
At 1/29/2008 4:44 PM, Blogger Runergirl said...

It is amazing how similar our boys are:) I hope your headache situation is cured. I can't imagine living like that+ raising twins!!!!

 
At 1/29/2008 5:40 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Hey Faith!
It sounds like the kiddos are doing really well!
I hope everything goes well with your CAT scan, it sure would be nice to get rid of those headaches I bet! :)
I'll be thinking of you!

 
At 1/29/2008 8:13 PM, Blogger JV said...

Hi there - I have mainly lurked all along (usually quite shy with comments, unless I have something that really needs to be said).
I am due "any day" now after successful IVF, and recently I have been starting to think about immunization issues. What you mentioned made me curious because it sounds like we are from similar schools of thought. I'd love to learn more about it, and find out if you have any resources you trust that helped you come up with the schedule you're currently following. When I started thinking about the topic, I quickly realized that I also lean towards postponing and spacing out immunizations - once we get there, that is - and would love to learn more about how to come up with a reasonable schedule. So if you're up for sharing info...
Either way, thanks for the update, and I'll sure cross my fingers for your CAT scan.

 
At 1/29/2008 8:22 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I love the updates! I need to be better about tracking what my girls are doing...time just slips by. Sounds like you guys have a great routine going though. Chayse & Landry love their activity centers, too, but I can usually just get about 30 minutes out of them...but that's good!!
I really hope you find some relief for your headaches. I can't imagine having so many. Please let me know what you find out. I am getting ready to find a new neurologist so that I can get some new migraine meds.
All the best!

 
At 1/30/2008 1:47 PM, Blogger DebbieDo said...

Wonderful update Faith. I remember last year when you announce your pregnancy, you were at the same time as the Hopeful Mother and you both had twin boys. Gosh I hope I can follow in your foot steps this month!

I'm so glad you are getting your headaches/ migraines checked out. They sound awful and the last thing a new mom with twins needs.

Thank you for your continued support, it means the world to me.

 
At 1/31/2008 5:34 AM, Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

WOW - they are growing and changing so fast. It amazes me how quickly their personalities develop.

Terrible about the headaches. Like you, I suffer from frequent headaches and no cause has ever been found. Though, you know what seems to help? Stretching and yoga for some reason. Professional massage, too. I had a great acupuncturist for a while and that seemed to get rid of the worst of them. Good luck and please keep us posted!!

XOXOXO

 
At 2/01/2008 4:12 PM, Blogger SMiLeD said...

Sounds like your boys are doing great!!! And the 4 month mark is where it supposedly gets soo much easier, and I have to say the last few weeks over here have been pretty good.

Good luck with the immunizations!

 
At 2/02/2008 8:34 PM, Blogger Bea said...

College funds already! Gotta start early, hey?

Bea

 
At 2/05/2008 10:55 AM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Thinking of you while you get your scan! How scary - hope they can help your headaches though.

I can't believe the babies are doing so much! That is amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller