Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

Where am I?

I am in the middle of a zillion boxes...some packed, some waiting to be filled. Stuff is everywhere and I have exactly one week to get everything sorted, throw away, given to charity or packed to be moved.

Yes... we sold our house.

Escrow actually closes in 2 weeks but I am having eye surgery in one week so that doesn't give me much time to do all that needs to be done. I would put the eye surgery off but I've been putting it off for the last two years. First, b/c nothing else came before getting pregnant, then nothing came before staying pregnant. So you see I can't put it off any longer. I'm having a pterygium removed from my right eye. This is also known as Surfers eye. Its a fleshy tissue that grows over the cornea and is caused by spending a great deal of time outdoors. So my many years in the high altitude Colorado sun and also on the beach/ in the pool in California (without proper UVA/UVB blocking sunglasses) has resulted in this. Vision can be affected if not corrected and it's physically irritating and cosmetically unappealing.

So in the last two weeks...we had all of our home inspections done. Everything went well and now we just cross our fingers that all continues to go smoothly. I will have a heart attack if this falls through. We finally found a house to rent in the city we're moving to. It wasn't as easy as we had expected. I wanted a very particular part of town and we needed a good floor plan that would work for our family. We plan to stay out of the market for two or so years and save like crazy as the market continues to go down and or stabilize. So we finally found a place that will work and had to jump all over it. Good homes for rent don't last more than a day or two. So we're paying a daily holding fee that won't be refunded if our house falls out of escrow.

It's just been crazy. Lining up moving company quotes, getting packed, finding a rental home, finding new doctors (pediatrician, primary care, dentist, etc). It's exhausting.

Especially when Matthew is now an expert at rolling over from his back to his tummy but can't always go from tummy to back so he cries b/c he doesn't like to be on his tummy for to long. And of course a few seconds after I help him roll on his back again...he rolls right back over to him tummy. He loves the floor mat though so that's where he is most of the time...practicing rolling over and starting the first stages of crawling. He scoots instead of actually crawling. This kid cracks me up...he gets so frustrated. He just wants to move move move...He is determined to run circles around me in the near future. I have to be careful...b/c if i don't pay attention he'll be halfway across the room and no where near his floor mat or blanket. *Andrew still has no interest in going anywhere :-) So I run from packing a box, to washing my hands to helping Matthew out all day long (repeat x200). My hands are shredded from being washed so often. Total Insanity.

Since I talked about Matthew I have to share about Andrew too. He may not being rolling over or showing any signs of crawling but he sure can chit chat. He's incredibly expressive. He loves to babble on and on. And he laughs...oh how he laughs. I just love his big belly laugh. I pick him up and dance around the room w/ him and he laughs hysterically. He's never neutral. He is either screaming to be held or has a big smile on his face. My favorite time of day w/ Andrew is in the morning when I first get him out of the crib. He is so darn happy. Its completely contagious.

I started the boys on solids for the very first time last week (rice cereal). It came as a surprise to me that Matthew liked it better than Andrew. Andrew is my big boy that likes to eat. But...no it was Matthew that opened wide and wanted more. Andrew was confused on what to do w/ it once it was in his mouth. So...we're just tasting it each day and getting a few teaspoons down.

One other note... For those of you who have followed my blog. Both boys had fluid in their kidneys that showed up on prenatal ultrasounds. Matthews were clear after birth but Andrews wasn't. So Andrew has a voiding cystogram @ Valley Children's Hospital that showed reflux. He's on a daily dose of antibiotics for this (to prevent urinary and kidney infections) and hopefully it'll resolve by itself with time. The urologist (wonderful lady) said that any siblings would have a 40% of having reflux when their brother/sister does. So..they said to test Matthew even though we thought he was fine. Well...it came back that he has reflux too. Both have it in the left kidney and pretty much to the same severity. Grade 2 for Andrew and Grade 2.5 for Matthew. Grade 1 is the most minor and Grade 5 is the worst. Grades 4 & 5 almost always needs surgery. We were also told that their (Andrew and Matthews) offspring will have a 60% of having it. Interesting on how it's hereditary. I wonder if it was passed down from me or J.

And that's my update. Off to pack some more boxes....

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 3/14/2008 6:32 PM, Blogger seussgirl said...

Good luck with packing, and keeping your boys from crawling into a box. :)

 
At 3/15/2008 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on selling!

I hope your eye surgery goes well. Will you have lifting restrictions afterwards? I did after I had eye surgery on my cornea. Just a thought. . .

 
At 3/15/2008 8:29 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

Good luck. I have been packing at a rate of a few boxes a day and it is hard with one little boy! I hope everything goes well with your eye surgery. I was hoping to hear that boys' kidneys were all better. I have been reading a bit on that lately. My sister had a lot of issues and that is why we are so far apart in age. She had to have a number of surgeries as a little girl. Once they got her fixed up she never had any more problems.

 
At 3/17/2008 11:51 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like you are slightly busy these days huh? :) I hope your surgery goes well, moving is a breeze and your boys improve on there own with out much intervention. I can also tell you as a mom of twin boys it's surprisinb, but the only thing they have in common is a birthday. They look different, act different and different strenths. They do however still want the same toys.

 
At 3/17/2008 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great news about the sale! I know you have been wanting this for a while.

I hope your surgery goes well and without a hitch!

 
At 3/17/2008 7:25 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Gosh.

Well, good luck with all the medical procedures. Sounds like a busy time, so I just hope it's not too stressful.

Bea

 
At 3/18/2008 4:24 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Good luck packing and congrats on selling the house!

 
At 3/21/2008 9:00 AM, Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Moving is always so stressful. I can only imagine how much worse it is with two little ones to take care of, too. I hope that you are finding time to eat and nurture yourself!!

XOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller