Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Focusing on the bright side.

Have I mentioned how cute my boys are? They are so adorable, cuddly and funny. I can't get enough of them. I just hold them, squeeze them and kiss their squishy cheeks non-stop. I dread the day that they turn and run when they see that their Mom is about to love on them. That will be a sad day indeed. So I've got to get it all in while I can.

From the sound of this post can you tell that I lived through my migraine and having J out of town? I survived...even though I was sure at the time that I would never make it through to see another day. The boys got fed, had clean diapers and I tried very hard to give them play time even w/ the jack hammer pounding away in my head. J came home a day early since I basically threatened the future existence of his boy parts... and the moment I saw him I forgot everything except how happy I was that he was home.

I forgot all about how pissed I was that he got to be at the beach in storm conditions for vacation work in an awesome hotel w/ no nighttime feedings (working around the clock) while his wife slaved away in poor health and barely managed to shower. I forgave him the minute I saw him...and was so so so happy. Aren’t I the nicest wife alive?

I just rock. And to add to the nicest wife part...I saved us mucho money by staying on our medical insurances ass.... We were getting outrageous bills from the twins NICU hospital stay. Even though we were at an in-network hospital...they charged us for out-of-network providers that treated the boys while they were there. Not okay to charge someone out of network fees while they were preformed for emergency services in a pre-approved stay in-network hospital. After many idiot customer service calls, tales of how it was our responsibility, our cost, then unfulfilled promises to fix it, loooooong waits on hold, etc. etc... I finally got it all cleared up. Yes- I deserve large shiny expensive somethings for my effort :-)

Since I'm on the topic of how wonderful I am... I need this topic today. I have to post a little something that will annoy many of you. So don't hate me b/c I feel that I deserve this after the many crappy things I've gone through. So here goes (my blog readers are going to disappear over-night) I was pregnant w/ twins and somehow managed to not get one stretch mark and currently my size 2 pants are a little big. I have no idea how I managed to do this b/c I didn't watch what I ate when I was pregnant. In fact I ate fast food for the first time in forever. And I lost it all w/ out trying. I was back to my original weight at my 3 week post baby appt and now I weigh less than I did pre-pregnancy. Pretty much due to the fact that I have no time to eat..let alone cook. Now to be completely honest...my body is not what it used to be. My boobs are definitely less firm that before and my waist is not as defined. But, I had so much fear from reading about others experiences w/ twin pregnancy that I was sure I'd be carrying around 50 extra pounds right now and have huge angry red stretch marks from my neck to my knees and it just didn't happen.

If this makes you feel bad...don't... b/c I need some positives right now....let me leave you on this sucky note. We live in California and got into the housing market in late 2004 (housing peak) for a criminal amount of money for what we actually got.... and it's now 2008 (housing slump/crisis). Talk about a poor investment. It's just painful.




Matthew and Andrew (best investment ever)



Don't quite have the sitting up thing down yet. We're working on it.



Labels:

12 Comments:

At 1/16/2008 10:58 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

I am so glad that your migraine finally went away and J came home early from his business trip, I mean vacation.

And may I just comment that I now totally HATE you? :)

Kidding of course. Glad to hear you are doing well and love the pics of the boys!!!

 
At 1/16/2008 1:56 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You sound so much better! I also found after my twins I was a size smaller than pre-pg. Bad news was it did eventually find me. It's hard to find time to eat anything of substinance during the first months.

Glad to hear you got on the insurance company!

 
At 1/16/2008 3:35 PM, Blogger seattlegal said...

I'm glad you survived. And that's great about your weight post-pregnancy! I mean it! I lost all of mine rather quickly too (not as quick as you), but unfortunately, I have some pre-pregnancy weight to lose still!

Those babies are so adorable!

 
At 1/16/2008 4:47 PM, Blogger Caba said...

People used to hate me when I told them that I gained a total of 16 lbs during my entire pregnancy with the twins. But I certainly wasn't a size 2 when I started! hehe. good for you though! When everything else is chaos, at least you can fit into your jeans!

Glad to hear that things are going better for you! I definitely had those days where I lost it. And you make it through, even when you think you won't.

And last, but certainly not least, your boys are GORGEOUS!

 
At 1/16/2008 4:59 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Faith, I'm so glad to hear you survived! I knew you would. Oh and I do hate you about being a size 2 (ha ha)and losing all your baby weight without even trying. I'm hoping all this breast feeding I'm doing will help me lose the 35lbs I gained because I'm no where near a size 2. By the way the boys are beautiful!

 
At 1/16/2008 7:24 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

I'm so glad you survived. It is terrible to feel so alone and yet be totally responsible for someone else (x2 for you).

Insurance companies are so nasty. I can relate to having to nag and nag to get them to take care of something. The case manager we had when Jake was in the hospital last week said she was on hold with our company for 30 minutes and then had to leave a voicemail and that was for "preapproval" so we could spend the night. She said she got directed to three different people. At least I know they don't treat the hospital any better than they treat us!

Those cubby cheeks are sooo cute!!

 
At 1/16/2008 7:39 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

You made it back over to the other side...yay!!! And to not hold a grudge at all...even a teeny, tiny one...I'm impressed!!
I have to admit, I'm pretty psyched about the fact that I was pregnant with twins and didn't get one stretch mark, but I might have if I had gone further into my pregnancy. As for the weight...um, not such a success story yet. I was 4 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight at my one-month postpartum checkup but then I totally blew it when we went to live with my in-laws. I'm still trying to get those 10 pounds off!!
It's your blog, you have every right to to praise yourself...not enough people do these days!!!
Your boys are so adorable...wish they could meet my girls for a playdate!!

 
At 1/17/2008 5:37 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better!

I do hate you, but I can also see exactly how you lost the weight so quickly. Not having time to eat or sleep for several weeks will do that for you!

The boys are precious. Way to go mama!

 
At 1/17/2008 10:04 PM, Blogger Bea said...

You survived! Well done.

Bea

 
At 1/18/2008 8:45 AM, Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Glad to hear that you survived, though we all knew you would. We never stop believing in you - if you can get through IF, a painful pregnancy, etc. you can get through ANYTHING.

Ok, I want to hate you about the weight thing but I can't. I admire you for all you have gone through and how well you are adjusting. But I *might* be able to hate you if I ever have post-pregnancy weight to lose!!

I understand about the housing price issue - we bought our home in 2005 just as the market started to go down. We won't be selling our home until we can make money on it....which will be a while, for sure. Just remember that the market WILL go up eventually.

The boys are ADORABLE!!!!

XOXOXO

 
At 1/18/2008 8:46 AM, Blogger singletracey said...

Yeah for making it through.. I knew you would.. you delt with so much during the pregnancy.

I don't hate you for being more thin now then before you had twins.. Im just jealous! LOL

The boys are sooooo cute. Their cheeks look perfect for kissing!

 
At 1/21/2008 4:38 AM, Blogger Gemini Girl said...

first of all:
a) I hate you- I have abot 35 extra pounds on me since my pg.

b) I am having the EXACT same issues with insurance! I am being billed for my girls NICU stay for out of network doctors that were in an in network hospital in an emergency situation! what did you do to resolve? I am waiting on my insurance company- they are currently waiting on paperwork.

your boys are the cutest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller