16weeks 3days w/ belly pics
Had another appt w/ Dr. H today. Babies look good :-) He said we should find out the sexes on our next visit in 2 weeks. I can't wait! I had the 1 hour glucose and that wasn't fun. They told me not to eat anything after midnight and I don't do well even when I'm not pregnant w/ having an empty stomach. So- I drank the nasty syrup and went to wait an hour. After about 5 mins my whole body was shaking like it was below zero out... they ended up wrapping me in blankets b/c it wouldn't stop. Finally after a long hour they drew a lot of blood for my AFP "triple" blood test, several different thyroid tests, the glucose test and I also had four more vials drawn so that I could ship those to Chicago for my Natural Killer Assay. Dr. H made that happen and I'm grateful b/c I don't have to drive many hours up North or have my neighbor attempt it. So after they took all of that blood I went to stand up and down I went. Yup- I fainted. I'm not a fainting type of girl especially since I'm a pro at having my blood drawn so it must have been the addition of pure glucose on my empty stomach.
Dr. H told me to knock off any kind of real exercise. I just started walking a few weeks ago. I was going about 45 mins and trying to keep a brisk pace. He told me no. That I can go but for short periods of time and only at a slow stroll. He evens wants me to knock that off if I have any cramping start up at all. The only other exercise he would approve was swimming. Basically only very low or no impact exercises. So I need to sneak into my neighbors pool while they are at work. I was excited to finally have some energy to get a little exercise and Dr. H said I shouldn't risk it. He said sex was okay at this point but he'd let me know if that should change. (Isn't sex high impact?) I have to say I was wasn't completely shocked at limiting the exercise but was a little surprised that he would basically prefer me on my tush 24/7 if possible.
J surprised me for Mothers Day. He bought me three cards. One from the "twins", one from my two "dogs" and one from him. They were wonderful and brought tears to my eyes. He also went and bought me the "snoogle" which is an awesome pregnancy pillow that wraps all around your body and supports you. This will be a lifesaver as the pregnancy goes on and I already sleep better b/c of it. It aligns the hips and takes the pressure off your back.
Now to the part you all really care about... I'm finally posting belly pictures. The first one is from 11 weeks. I actually already felt huge at this point. HA HA When I saw the picture I couldn't believe I wasn't bigger b/c I felt much so much bigger. The 2nd two are from 16 weeks 1 day.
11 weeks w/ twins
16weeks 1day w/ twins
16weeks 1day w/ twins
Labels: 2nd Trimester, belly pics



25 Comments:
You look fantastic! I can't wait to watch your belly grow.
I think fainting after a blood draw is called pulling a Watson. :) Glad you are ok!
Faith you look so cute! Sorry to hear about the fainting episode. Take care of yourself!
You look great!! And are those normal shorts I see instead of maternity...I am jealous!!!
I had 2 near-fainting episodes myself yesterday during my u/s...now I know why we can't lay on our backs. I got to the point of sweating and feeling like I was going to be sick and they let me turn on my side...ick. I'm glad you got all that testing over with though! The countdown to your big day is on!!!
You look great, can't believe there's too in there!! Sorry you having a hard time with the needles :) Time is moving along nicely now, also looking forward to seeing that belly grow!!
You poor thing! They suck all your blood out after they didn't let you have any real food and made you sick with pure sugar. It is interesting to see the different practices from doctor's office to doctor's office. I only had to fasting like you did if I flunked the one I did. I got to eat until lunch and nothing but water for a mere three hours. I didn't think that was bad at all. I was surprised actually because I thought I would have to do what you did as well.
You look beautiful! I'm glad things are still going well. Not getting to walk sucks! Somedays I a too tired, but others I really need the that time I use walking the dog. She needs it too. We don't go as far as we would like and somedays it is 20 minutes instead of 45 but it still feels good to get out there. It has always helped my stress getting out and walking. Poor fat dog, we used to go 90 minutes! Enjoy the pool though!
you look great! sorry to hear you fainted after your tests.
Faith you look soooo cute! I swear I was looking like that after egg retrieval.. and you have two babies in there!! I am so jealous!
Glad the babies are doing good. Glad that you are doing good! I cant wait until you find out the genders.. how exciting!!!!
You look great, and I'm so glad you are feeling great (minus the fainting after the blood draw...) I guess it was bound to happen sometime, considering how many needles you've had to conquer in the last year or so!
I just ordered a Snoogle-type pillow too... I'm hoping it will do the trick. I'm starting to get uncomfortable at night, backache etc. All the reviews say good things, and your review means a lot.
The exercise restrictions are interesting - my regular OB said after they discovered the low-lying placenta that I was to take it easy. The peri (even before this) had told me NO exercise, bending, lifting, except for light walking and swimming. So, that's what I've been doing. Kaiser and I have been too afraid for any x*ex after the placenta thing, so who knows how long it will be... months I would guess.
The sacrifices we make for healthy babies!
Aaaaaaw Faith! I can always count on your posts to restore my faith and make me feel all warm and fuzzy. You are such a doll! Adorable pictures. Thrilled to hear that all is progressing as it should (minus the fainting episode, of course). Keep the pics coming!
oh good god you're tiny! I'm over-the-top jealous!!! You look faboo.
so sorry to hear about the fainting, that's no fun. Hopefully that means your BS number was nice and low.
can't wait to hear who you've got cooking in there.
You look great!!!!!!! I can;t belive you are expecting twins.. that is awesome. Take care
You look amazing...wow!!!!
Sorry about the fainting, hope you are feeling better :)
I had to laugh my ass off at Reality's comment...but couldn't I be *famous* for something other than fainting?!
Oh well, it's better than nothin' I guess.
You look amazing and we must schedule that shopping trip asap :-)
Oh.my.gosh. You are the gap maternity model of pregnancy. You look so good, Faith!! And you do NOT look like you have a beer gut! Who said that?! lol.
Glad to hear from you. It's been too long. I can't tell you how happy I am. When I read your blog and saw that you were finally pregnant, it made me cry.
Thanks for the comments and for being on my side during this ordeal. It's definitely scary but I think it's even more scary that doctors can say things before they really know what they are talking about. I just wonder what happens to the women that take everything they say as gospel!! I am waiting to hear back from Dr. Hair about my earlier ultrasound; I'm going to call Monday about my NT scan, too, since you mentioned that.
Have a great weekend!
Hi Faith! Can I say you look just AMAZING! And also - you are a little slip of a thing aren't you?! I hope when I am 16 weeks prego that I look as good! :)
You look absolutely fabulous.
Wow!! I haven't checked in on you in a while, and look how you've gone and grown a baby-belly!!! Whoo Hoo!!
Glad that you are doing good! Glad the babies are doing good!
You look absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see that tummy grow :-)
Glad that glucose test is over, sounds awful, and your hubby sounds so sweet. I got a mothers day card (and chocolates) from the dogs too!
You look so great!
I hope you are feeling better.
((Hugs))
just clicked over from watson. umm...i am three weeks behind you and about 17 times more ginormous! with a singleton!!
congratulations. i look forward to checking back in.
You are just too cute! Oooo I bet fainting was NOT fun...that has happened to me too many times. Take care=) And happy belated mom's day!=)
New to your blog... you are gorgeous! However did you stay that skinny during injects and IVF?? Wowsers.
Congratulations on all going well. And, um, can I just say I am seething with jealousy over how great you look!!! You look healthy and glowy!
Congrats on the twins! I'm in my 27th week with twin girls. Did you faint because of the glucose test? I fainted today during my Glucose tolerance test and it was scary!
Good luck. You look great. I am huge!
Post a Comment
<< Home