I'll take 'What are Twins for $2,000' Alex.
We had our first pregnancy u/s today at 7w2d. Everything was measuring right on time and we saw two strong heartbeats. It was absolutely amazing to see those flickers on the screen.
The first sac with Baby A measured 11.3mm or 7w2d+/-2d. Heartbeat was 148BPM. Baby B measured 10.0mm or 7w1d+/-2d. This baby was curled up slightly so it was harder to measure. Heartbeat was 142BPM.
Dr. Z said everything looked great and that I can now be released to an OB/GYN. Although he will still monitor my NK immune issues until week 14. In fact I have a follow up blood test this Weds to see if I need another IVIg.
I have been taken off of all progesterone support which scared me a little but it seems my body it making plenty on its own. Yeah for no PIO or suppositories! Dr. Z will have me test progesterone one or two more times to make sure it stays at an adequate level.
After our travel up to see Dr. Z today we hit the Gilroy outlets on the way back home and I got a few things...including my very first maternity shirt. (*gulp- I took the plunge) I won't be able to wear it for a while but its a really cute halter and will be perfect for summer.
I think this is starting to become real.
I feel like the luckiest person alive.
Labels: 1st trimester



25 Comments:
YEA!!!! Twins? That is wonderful news. I am so so so so happy for you.
Oh Faith! Oh I am crying for you. How absolutely wonderful! And seeing the heartbeats and everything? Oh my gosh...I'm beside myself. I know how much you have wanted this, have struggled, the pain you have gone through. And now twins? A double blessing!
Hugs
Paula
Wow :-) Cool! Were yousurprised? Was your husband there? Have you told anyone?
When my brother & SIL announced their pregnancy, they called to say they were expecting & then about 15 minutes later, called back to say, "And there's one more thing." They had decided not to tell anyone, but then each one told one sibling that it was twins... Amazingly, they actually kept it a secret from most people (not family) until after the birth - and then when people asked what they had, they said "both".
Enjoy :-)
Rachel (a twin mom by IVF/FET)
Congrats x 2!!!
How very exciting!
Double wow! :-)
I knew it!!! That is SO exciting!!! Another twosome on the way : )
And you might just fit into that maternity top sooner than you think with twins...I'm just shy of 4 months but could probably pass for 6 just by my mid-section!!
Enjoy every moment, it flies by :)
Congrats times two!!!
Oh, Faith - WONDERFUL NEWS!!!
I am thrilled for you, hon!
YAY!
Faith,
I could not be happier for you! What wonderful, exciting news my dear!!
(Selfishly, I wish your app't was tomorrow, when I have to go for my follie check and blood work so we could meet in person, rats!)
Good luck with everything on Wed. and I will keep sending you good thoughts.
Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!
OMG Faith...that is FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! I am actually squealing in delight. You must be over the moon :)
I am so happy for you!!!!!
I am THRILLED for you, Faith. Quite a few of us around the same due date with twins! We are indeed lucky.
That feeling when you see those flickers on the screen makes it ALL worth it, doesn't it?
Yeah for going off progesterone! Little victories!
I KNEW IT!!! Such awesome news!!!
Good for you for taking the plunge into maternity. You'll probably need pants sooner than you think. Especially with twins!!!
YAY for you!!!!!!!!!!!
Yippee!! More twins! Very exciting - that's great news.
When you posted your betas I had my suspicions that you might have two in there! What wonderful news! Congratulations!
Me again!
I just read your comment on my blog so wanted to get back with you on the migraine issue.
Luckily, I have only had one really bad one that I can remember since I've been pregnant. At my first appointment with my OB, she gave me a prescription for Tylenol 3, just in case. I haven't had to use it yet (knock on wood). I've heard that 1/3 of women have worse migraines, 1/3 have less migraines and 1/3 stay the same. Mine was right around when we found out so maybe that'll be the same for you. Since then, I've had several "regular" headaches but I'm hoping the migraines stay away!!
Sorry you are dealing with that but hopefully it won't last long and maybe this will be it for the next 7 months or so!
Congratulations!!! How wonderful! Did you cry? I cried with one and the lady acted like I was retarded. I am so happy for you!
Faith - I am so happy for you and your husband! I'll be praying for an uneventful 9 months and can't wait to see some U/S pics!
Kristy
Congrats on the twins!!!
Congratulations! Had to be twins with beta #s like you've had. Very happy for you and your family!!!
Hi there,
I've seen you around on some of the blogs and decided to come and say hi and Congrats on your BFP, wow...twins!! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy...
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! Woo hoo! Twins! I couldn't be more excited and happy for you! I had goose bumps reading this post and imagining how it would feel to see those two heart beats. You give me faith, Faith!
K
So happy for you Faith. Wonderful news!
OMG!! You are the luckiest person and you deserve it.
Congrats!
~Debbie
That's fantastic! Such great news!
You are so lucky! Congratulations, twins is great news.
Yay for twins faith! And yes I'll admit it right here and now. I'm very very jealous! Very very happy for you, but jealou none the less! Can I come to CA and rub your belly for luck? ha ha
Post a Comment
<< Home