Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

18 weeks 4 days and we're having....

TWIN BOYS!!!!

I had my level II u/s this morning. For some reason I was nervous the last day or two. I only got a few hours of sleep last night. This happens every time an u/s approaches even though I have one at least every other week. Can you imagine only having one or two your entire pregnancy like most "normal" pregnancies? I still haven't felt any kicking and it made me a little paranoid although my doctor said it can vary greatly from woman to woman. I sometimes feel little flutters that I think may be the babies but I'm not sure. I also feel something like bubbles popping but for all I know it's gas...


The babies most definitely have boy parts. No mistaking that...so it's very unlikely one will be turning into a girl at a later date. Both are measuring just right and look great. Dr. H spent a while doing many measurements and he seemed pleased w/ everything. I've gained 12 pounds and I'm 18weeks 4 days. I've gained 3 in the last two weeks so I'm starting to catch up since I gained very little the first trimester. My stomach is growing bigger by the day. We were w/ friends all weekend and everyone commented on how much I'd grown in just a week. My biggest complaint is the round ligament pains and the constipation. I double over in pain at times from the stretching pains...it feels like charlie horses (squeezing, pulling, tearing) shooting up from my vagina. And the constipation is ugly... I take two Colace a day and it doesn't help much. I finally gave in and took milk of magnesium yesterday and all it did was give me the runs. So I'm just going to do the best I can and up the water intake since I'm already getting a ton of fiber.


Back to how we're having two boys...We're excited. I don't think either of us preferred one option over the other. I think each twin combo has advantages so I was going to be happy no matter what. I just wanted to hear that they were looking good and measuring the way they should be. J might have been a tiny bit relieved about not having two girls although he won't admit it. I know he wanted a son and was scared of having two daughters (3 women ganged up on him). A little part of me was a little saddened at not having a daughter- and quickly though that we might try again...ha ha...that was a short and fleeting thought. We'll see but it's not likely since we're never going through infertility treatments again (although I have one frozen on ice...hmmm?). Either way- I'm truly thrilled. Two boys will be so much fun. We'll have a blast and many adventures and stories to share.

We are so truly blessed.


Labels:

18 Comments:

At 5/29/2007 6:06 PM, Blogger TeamWinks said...

That's going to be one busy house!

 
At 5/29/2007 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your sons, Faith!

 
At 5/29/2007 7:22 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

Congratulations! I can't imagine how some women go the entire pregnancy without knowing. It was killing me to wait as long as I had to.

 
At 5/30/2007 6:23 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Hi Faith.
Congratulations! Twin boys is fantastic news. Glad to hear you are gaining weight. Everything sounds wonderful and I couldn't be happier for you.

 
At 5/30/2007 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thrilled for you and your husband, Faith!

Just like you had posted in response to my "twin boys" post a few weeks ago, I agree that it may be easier to have two boys than two girls. But, as you say, every combo has its benefits/drawbacks.

Mostly, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling OK, gaining weight, and that the babies are growing well! That is the really important part.

And, I do think you've been feeling movement from what you describe. It started out like a few "pops" for me at 15w5d and has now progressed to longer duration "pops" and "rumbles" from both sides of my belly at 20w. What pure joy!

So, so, very happy for you! And it is great to be on this journey together!

Any nursery thoughts? Name ideas? And, are you still considering moving? Inquiring minds want to know...

 
At 5/30/2007 11:28 AM, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Congratulations!

That is awesome news! I'm so happy for you!

 
At 5/30/2007 3:53 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Two baby boys!! How exciting...that is wonderful news and even better to see that they are growing right along!
I think I felt my first true movement at 21 weeks, up until that point...nada. But, once they started, they didn't stop. I now feel them pretty regularly though my bigger girl is definitely more noticable.
I think all of us with same-sex twins have the thought of should we or shouldn't we when it comes to trying just one more time. We're still debating but I figure we'll see how we do with two and then go from there.
Congrats again!

 
At 5/31/2007 3:53 AM, Blogger Tam said...

That's great news sweetie, I would love to have twins actually, feel the same as you about doing more treatments so hopefully we'll get lucky. Glad that everything else is going well and that you putting on some weight!

 
At 5/31/2007 8:37 AM, Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SO happy to hear that everything is going well and that you will be a mom to two lovely little boys.

 
At 5/31/2007 10:29 AM, Blogger Watson said...

YAY!!

And congrats my dear!

My friend (another happy Dr. Z patient) had twin boys last fall and they're just the most adorable and the most fun, so I'm thrilled for you.

And I'm so happy everything is going well. After all the challenges you had during the first trimester, I am relieved to hear you're feeling good and gaining weight.

Hope you do some celebrating about the good news! (Maybe a prune juice cocktail?!?)

xoxo,

Watson

 
At 5/31/2007 3:30 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Congrats! That's wonderful!

 
At 5/31/2007 3:42 PM, Blogger Carol said...

very exciting news! congratulations!

 
At 5/31/2007 7:51 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! and no i cannot imagine having only the standard 1-2 ultrasounds. that's just nuts.

 
At 6/01/2007 6:42 AM, Blogger Kir said...

OMG, that's fantastic news...Congratulations sweetie. :)

 
At 6/01/2007 5:10 PM, Blogger Nickie said...

YAY!!! Boys are so much fun!!!! I'm very excited to be having a 2nd one myself. Yes, we'll be ganged up on, but we get to be the queen of the house.

Sorry the RLP and constipation are such a PITA, literally in one case. You might ask your OB about Miralax for the constipation, it should be stronger than colace, but gentler than the MoM.

Now, for boy clothes, if you can work your way past ALLLLLL the adorable girl stuff, Gymboree has very fun boy stuff too. Janie and Jack is also waaay too cute, but more expensive than I can afford for most stuff. I usually stick to the sale rack there. I get some good stuff at the Osh Kosh, Carters, Children's Place outlets too. Have fun shoppping.

 
At 6/01/2007 11:38 PM, Blogger Pixxiee said...

Wow! I am so happy for you Faith...you are gonna be one very busy Momma! And one very happy one I suspect as well :-)

 
At 6/02/2007 7:31 PM, Blogger Caba said...

Congrats on the boys! Don't worry about feeling them. I didn't really start feeling my twins move until around 20+ weeks ... more like 22 I think. It's different for everyone.

And all I can tell you is that I have boy/girl twins, and my son is DEFINITELY easier to handle than the girl! Enjoy!

 
At 6/03/2007 4:28 PM, Blogger Runergirl said...

Wonderful! Simply wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller