Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Over Seven Months old...

Life is good you guys.

We're settled in to our new city and new house. I've joined a Mommy and Me group that gets together for play dates, Moms night out and they work on various charity projects, etc. I've also joined a group called Sto.ller Stri.des. These women meet 5 days week in the morning at a nearby park for a workout session. It's run by a personal trainer so you get an expert for a fraction of the cost. All of the women have stroller age children and we bring them. We warm up and then do intrevel training. Sprints, push ups, 5 minute walk, crunches, lunges, squats, a 5 minute jog, resistance band work, another 5 minute jog, leg exercises, and so forth for 60-75 minutes. There are jogging trails all around the park so we use those and the grass areas along the side... babies are kept happy (for the most part) by the constant motion and activity. It's definitely a class that is meant to get you in shape. I thought my arms were decently strong since I hold 18+ pound boys all day long but man was I wrong... those resistance band arm workouts are tough.

So I've made a friend or two already :-) (One of them is going to teach me how to make all different types of Sushi) and I even became friendly w/ a neighbor that stops by to visit a few times a week. It is so nice to have adult conversation and interaction.

I bought a Bob Revolution double jogging stroller. I absolutely love it (recommend it highly) and it was worth every cent that I paid for it. I'm hoping it'll be the last stroller I ever need. We use it for everything... So much easier than that other long caboose of a stroller that held their infant car seats.

The boys are doing great. Matthew is rolling and scooting all over the place and Andrew is rolling over more often. Both talk non-stop. I am just starting to teach them baby sign language. I bought a few DVD's and I've been reading up on how to start. So we're doing the easy noun words first. Dog, cat, bottle, bed, Daddy, Mommy, etc. After they begin to master those we'll move on to the harder words like down, more, done, hurt, etc.

I've been making some of their baby food myself. I've bought organic carrots and sweet potatoes and made big batches of those. Bananas are easy too. They still get the majority of their food from the organic jarred baby food but I'm trying to do more and more of it myself. I can't believe how much these boys can eat. Both have 4 bottles a day... each containing 5-6 0z of formula and then they get 2 or 3 solid meals a day of 2 to 3 jars w/ cereal or oatmeal mixed in. I offer a sippy cup that has mostly water and a touch of pear juice between meals. No undernourishment in this house.

I want to wish all of you a Wonderful Mothers Day! This includes all current Mothers, expectant Mothers and those of you on your journey to becoming a Mother.


Andrew


Matthew


Our New Stroller... I was just taking them out when I decided on a quick picture (Daddy was right there). Don't worry they are normally always strapped in.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5/09/2008 6:39 AM, Blogger singletracey said...

They are sooo cute and big now! OMGosh! I am so glad that your new city is working out for you. That workout group sounds awesome and yeah for new friends :-)

Thanks for the update and hug those boys for me!!! Happy Mothers Day!

 
At 5/09/2008 6:57 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Sounds like things are great and you are right where you should be! That is nice to read :) Your Mommy & Me group sounds like lots of fun, too. I keep meaning to join one in my area but it's kind of hard right now with work. Maybe this summer...
Yes, the resistance bands definitely give you a workout! I just tried them for the first time last night and I really liked them but it was tough. I thought my arms could handle it, too, but I felt the burn!!
Have fun making sushi!

 
At 5/09/2008 6:58 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Oh, and the boys are cute as can be!

 
At 5/09/2008 7:06 AM, Blogger Jen said...

fantastic! They are so cute and it sounds like you are making your new house a home! Happy mother's day to you too!

 
At 5/10/2008 11:16 AM, Blogger Jaimie said...

I am so happy things are going well for you. I wish you had the groups sooner for your sake, but it is fantastic that you have them now! The boys are so cute and so big! I'm so glad you have a better support system. You really deserve it!

 
At 5/20/2008 8:48 AM, Blogger Heather said...

The babes look so cute. They are getting so big! I think the workout group sounds like a dream! I'm starting to think the best way to keep depression or the blahs away is by working out. I really feel it mentally if I haven't been doing something ot keep myself in shape.

 
At 5/23/2008 1:02 PM, Blogger Pixxiee said...

I love reading your posts - because your happiness comes through in each line. It's really nice to see, and the boys are just gorgeous. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller