I am Exhausted
Matthew been screaming/crying non-stop the last few days. He has also refused to nap and is waking every hour at night. I took him to the doctor yesterday and she said right away that he has bad reflux after looking at his throat. His throat is bright red. She also said that she feels confident that he has a urinary tract infection. She noted that he has a fever, bad urine odor and cried when she watched him pee. She put a bag over his privates to catch the urine that would be sent to the lab for testing. He also has two top teeth that are about to pop through. Poor guy is really suffering. Mommy is suffering too! He is now on Pre.vacid twice a day and will be put on something for the UTI once it's confirmed from the lab. I hope the medication starts to work soon.
I've actually attempted to continue my runs/workouts this week to no avail. Today I had to carry Matthew home the last two+ miles while pushing Andrew in the stroller. I think I'll take a few days off until Matthew is feeling a little better. Good thing I have a while to train for this half-Marathon.
The boys will be 9 months old in 2 days. Matthew weighed 19 pounds 14oz (22 percentile) and was 29 1/4 inches long (75th percentile) at the doctor yesterday. We'll have to wait until the well baby check-up next week to see what Andrew's stats are. I'm guessing he's the same length and 2 pounds heavier.
Isn't it funny how opposite in looks my boys are. I was asked today if they were both mine. Matthew is blonde, blue eyed, fair skin, and is thin framed. Andrew has dark brown hair, greenish/hazel eyes, olive skin and is more round. The shape of their faces are completely different as well and they have opposite personalities.

Matthew

Andrew




Labels: 6-12 months



16 Comments:
They are so beyond beautiful. So sorry to hear of the UTI. But know that I am right there with you with the whole teething thing. Both of my monsters have developed a little eczema and now have to be slathered in a sterioid cream 4 times a day. That is always fun in the heat (like they aren't slippery enough).
The sleeping thing improved ever so slightly. There, I've gone and jinxed myself.. We are making sure that they get their supper of solid foods, a bath and then a bottle in their cribs. We play a "Guess How Much I Love You" cd and they have been falling asleep without a fuss.
They each wake up at least once a night, but it is not nearly the insanity that it was.
Wishing you a nice cozy nap with two contented sleeping boys....
So very different, but both very beautiful!
I hope he feels better soon!!!
Adorable photos! I've always thought Andrew looks just like your husband...Matthew more like you...they are both such cute boys. Hope Matthew gets well soon!
Michele, lurker and mother of twin girls
bless your heart girl -- that sounds dreadful..... we are still getting up EVERY 2 hours ALL night long so I know how draining that can be. But having him sick on top of everything else....... man.
I love the pictures -- you are right they do not look too much a like. I love Matthews face that he is making in the last picture -- too funny. Take care sam
Oh Matthew I hope you feel better soon. You are just too cute to be feeling YUCKY!!
I am sorry that they are giving you such a hard time right now, but they are growing and doing so well. I can't get over how cute they are and how big they are now. What handsome little boys.
hugs from me :)
You can totally come along. We are goign up with a bunch of firemen. So, the whole idea that I won't have to burp anyone is out the window. Hopefully, I won't have to change diapers (how awful, can you imagine?).
Thanks for the advice on the notarized letter....
They are so cute! Hope the UTI clears up soon and he feels better!
It's funny how different they look! Isn't it amazing to think that two babies that you carried and are from the same parents can look so completely different?? We always think that ...
Sorry about the crying fest. I hope the UTI clears up quickly.
Your boys are different - but both SO adorable.
Sounds exhausting!
Cuteness makes up for a lot, though.
Bea
Faith, thanks for your comments on my blog - I have been reading yours for about 4 months now - so a great surprise for me. We also had a recent run in with UTI - good luck and thinking of you. Will keep reading here and hope you keep reading mine. Cat
Another California, twin mummy, gemini blogger. What are the chances LOL. I just saw your comment on Cat's Juggeling Act of Life and had to come and snoop at another twin blog.
Wow, your boys really do look nothing alike. Poor Matthew, wow, he's got so much going on right now. I hope it all clears up quickly.
I've been reading your blog on and off for quite some time--your boys are just beautiful! I love that they look so different--will help people to see them as two individuals as they grow up and not simply "the twins"! I have 7 month old twin boys and they also look quite different (one redhead and one brunette) and I just love it!
I hope little Matthew is feeling better.
On a fashion note--I love the alligator/monkey rompers they are wearing--where did you get them?
The lack of sleep is what really gets you. I hope your little one is feeling better very soon. He must feel awful with all those things going on at once. As for how they look, they have the same eyes :), my twins never have and never will look anything alike either. They share a bday, that's about it. Your boys are beautiful!
I'm so glad you found me again! Your boys are just beautiful. Sorry to hear about your exhaustion. I wonder how you do it sometimes with twins. Try and get some rest!
Sorry to hear that Mathew feels better soon. They are indeed diffent bu both very very cute
They have the same cute little nose though!
Sorry he's not well, hope he's on the mend soon! For his and his mommy's sake.
Post a Comment
<< Home