My Feet Hurt...
I had cortisone shots in my feet today. Ouch. I have Pla.ntar Fas.ciitis which means the bands of tissue from my heels to toes are inflamed and irritated. Should get much better w/ the cortisone shots, icing after working out, extra stretching and arch supports in my shoes. My feet are a half size bigger since pre-pregnancy and my arch is a little flatter so that's mostly likely the cause. My podiatrist said I don't have to cut back on my working out which is good b/c I'm training for a half marathon that will take place in early November! I haven't exactly started the serious training yet but my stro.ller stri.des class 5 times a week is getting me in better shape so that helps. I just plan to add in extra runs during the week along w/ my class. I'm not looking to set any records or to place in my age group. Unlike another woman in my class that's wanting to place in the actual full marathon. I just want to jog the whole thing with no stopping or walking. I have a few 5k's and 10k's to run before then so that will help to.
My husband and I are now a year older. We both had our birthdays on Monday. We are now 32 and 36 years old. Starting to creep toward the big 40. I already see more signs of aging :-( so I need to work on eating extra healthy and covering up w/ lots of SPF. I'm back to drinking my miracle greens daily and I never leave the house w/out SPF 30 on my face and neck. But, I need a good daily body lotion that has SPF for my body. I'm not a fan of feeling greasy w/ an actual sunblock. It feels so gross while working out. My goals for June are to add in more running, drink more water and wear SPF on my body daily.
We are going to a big fancy party out of town on June 14th. It's from 7 to midnight so hopefully I can stay awake that late LOL We'll be staying w/ J's brother and he and his wife will watch the boys while we are at the party. Then they are having a get together the next day for Fathers Day. There will be some extended family there that have never seen the boys and it'll be fun to show them off a little. We've never taken the boys out of town so I'm still not sure on how we'll do the sleeping arrangement nor what to expect. I'm sure it will be fine and no big deal. I hope!
Oh and last week we went to Sushi making dinner. It was so fun. I learned how to make a bunch of different types of sushi rolls and then we ate our fill. Adding in mango or nectarines as an ingredient is a great taste. Yum! I'm pretty sure I could now make my own w/ little trouble. I could eat sushi everyday and never tire of it.
Labels: 6-12 months



11 Comments:
Sorry to hear about your feet ... sounds no fun. But I must say, you make me feel SUPER LAZY! I need to get off my butt are start moving ...
Happy Belated Birthday to you and your hubby! I don't know about you, but I still feel like I'm 18 (mentally, certainly not physically). I'm still trying to figure out how I ended up with 2 kids!
All that being said, how dare you post without giving us some twin boy loving! Shame on you!
Happy Belated Birthday!!!
I hope your feet feel better soon. And next time, pics, please!
Happy Birthday to both of you! Hope the feet feels better soon!
Happy Birthday to you both! Good luck on the training. I just found out one of my co-workers who's a mom of three is a big runner of marathons. I had no idea. You both inspire me!
I can't believe how big the boys have gotten!! I'm sorry about your feet!! I hope they feel better soon...
Happy belated birthday too!
I want to go to a fancy party. I wonder what shoes would go with my new bags? Under my eyes!
Glad things are going well. A marathon? WOW! That's great... good luck with the training. Hope your feet get better.
I have never thought to put fruit into my sushi (not that i make it that often). I just started weight watchers so that idea may come in handy -- take care sam
Hi Faith,
Your boys are adorable! I wonder if that's what is wrong with my feet too. At the end of the day they just throb and that never use to happen before. My feet are about a half size bigger too than pre-pregnancy. Hmmm. I'll have to look into it. I just started running again yesterday and my feet were killing me. Have fun at your fancy party!
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Sweetie, sounds like you had fun with the Sushi class
I am sorry your feet hurt, I hope that heals soon.
where are the PICTURES??? LOL
Hope your WHOLE YEAR is extra special. :)
Happy Birthday!!!
Sorry to hear about your feet, if they don't get better with the cortisone go see a PT, they can do wonders in terms of making you feel better!!
Happy birthday! That foot problem is an affliction from which I suffer. I throw my feet over the bed first thing in the morning and almost cry. I wish more than anything I didn't have to step down. I have been too much of a weenie to get them injected. I have heard horror stories of how much it hurts.
I wish I had your ambition!
Happy Belated Birthday!
Been there and done that with the plantar issues and cortisone shots. Try walk fit insoles...they worked for me.
Where on earth did you find a sushi making supper. What a great idea. My hubby calls sushi "bait" but I LOVE it.....
The boys are getting so big. My pair will be 8 months on the 16th and theya re teething like it is going out of style...no signs of the little toothers yet...
Hope your piggies feel better soon.
~Kari
Post a Comment
<< Home