Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wish Me Luck!

As of tonight we will be separating the boys and starting the "cry it out" method. Hopefully this will be very temporary b/c we want the boys to share a room for a long time to come. But...we have reached our limit. Matthew is a terrible sleeper and we are all exhausted. I cannot go through one more sleepless night. J and I are running on fumes. We were both up for hours on end last night. We are usually up multiple times every single night. Plus...Matthew is not getting nearly enough sleep. This in not good for him. I have never been a fan of the crying out of method but nothing else has worked. This has to work. Please please please!!!!! I also hope we survive how difficult this could be.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 1/27/2009 1:51 PM, Blogger Caba said...

Lots of luck! You will all be fine, and I promise you, the boys will be no worse off for it. It's not fun, and it's not always pretty, but you are going to have good sleepers when all is said and done! And heck yeah you deserve sleep!

 
At 1/27/2009 2:10 PM, Blogger AllieQB said...

Wishing you good luck!

 
At 1/27/2009 4:00 PM, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

I'm a big fan of the "Whatever Works" method. I hope you guys get some good sleep!

 
At 1/27/2009 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

 
At 1/27/2009 5:24 PM, Blogger seussgirl said...

Wishing you luck! Our boys have started keeping us up at night again, and we are hitting the exhaustion wall pretty quickly. I hadn't thought of separating them; it might come to that!
I'll be watching for follow-ups!

 
At 1/27/2009 7:43 PM, Blogger Soralis said...

Good luck!

 
At 1/27/2009 11:44 PM, Blogger cat said...

Oh I will be thinking of you - it's tough, but I hear it works.

 
At 1/28/2009 8:40 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Good luck! We had to cry it out with our daughter. It did work. DH and I would lie in our bed and listen to her while she was crying and we'd hold hands. DH would remind me that everything would be OK.

 
At 1/28/2009 4:58 PM, Blogger Linlee said...

We've been there too. It does work but it's very hard. My husband just kept reminding me that she wasn't hurt or in pain she was just mad, that helped a little. If you have to, go somewhere where you can't hear them cry, even go for a drive.

 
At 1/28/2009 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did some CIO in order to drop the pacifiers with our two back in December (they were waking at night and yelling for us to retrieve the pacifiers, hence the decision to lose them). It only took a few days and we had nighttime peace again.

This past Monday I put the twins in different rooms because one seems to disturb the other's nap/sleep all the time simply because his sleep needs are different. In the process the one who got moved also got abruptly transitioned to a twin mattress on the floor. It seems to be a very similar situation of a few days of disorientation and novelty keeping him from his usual sleep pattern, but I think that's passing quickly too.

Best of luck!

 
At 1/30/2009 6:22 AM, Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Good luck!!! It might not be easy but it sounds like you are doing the right thing.

XOXO

 
At 1/30/2009 9:29 AM, Blogger Kir said...

got here late, but I am hoping that it's working out. I have them in seperate cribs and they rarely wake each other if one is up and the other isn't. BUT I am hoping that this is working out for you.
LUCK, LUCK, LUCK

 
At 1/30/2009 4:47 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Good luck! It usually takes 3 days for a new routine to set in. 1st day bad, 2nd day could go either way and usually by the third they get the picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller