Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend 08'

We had a nice trip up North for Thanksgiving. The car ride was a bit long (non-stop crying babies) so a portable DVD player may be a required purchase sometime soon. We still have the boys rear facing and are thinking of turning their car seats around in a month or two. I'm hoping that helps w/ car rides as well. We heading back out of town this weekend and I'm dreading another long drive. Anyone have any tricks/ideas/suggestions to share? Playing my Sesame street CD over and over isn't cutting it anymore.



Matthew & Andrew


Both boys love to clap now.


Clap Clap Clap... so cute.


Matthew liked the bells on the X-mas tree.


This little RadioFlyer Rocket was a big hit.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 12/02/2008 2:03 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

You can take my assvice with a grain of salt, because Baby O is WAY too young for this. BUT. My suggestion? Turn them around now. Because my guess is that they're tired of facing backwards, and want to SEE on long trips now.

(I know, I know - it's safer to have them rear facing. But at some point kids have an opinion about which way they're facing.)

Worth a thought, at least.

And goodness, could they GET ANY CUTER? :)

 
At 12/02/2008 6:37 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Turning our girls around made a big difference (we did it right around 13 months and it's so nice to see their precious faces and know that all is well!) but not as big of a difference as our wonderful, beloved DVD player. I cannot think of a single road trip (and we have been on many since installing the DVD) where they cried or got antsy. Best invention ever, in my eyes!

 
At 12/02/2008 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the dvd player, it has made ALL the difference in the world, we often travel 3 hours to see my parents for the weekend and this last trip they happily watched baby einstein and slept. We got the kind that has 2 screens along with pouches to strap them to the back of the headrest so it's hands free for the babies. We turned them forward as well at a year which helps. We also have 'snack traps' that we can put puffs or cheerios in, that plus a sippy keeps them happy when it's snack time and they can hold them themselves.

 
At 12/03/2008 12:02 AM, Blogger cat said...

I would suggest turning them around if they are strong enough - and I think your big boys probably are. It made a huge difference - a whole new world opened up for them. And a DVD player makes a huge difference.

 
At 12/03/2008 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as my monsters (I mean miracles) turned one, we put them forward facing. They had been at the required weight for two months. They seem to do alot better facing forward than they ever did riding backwards. I know that I get queezy if I have to ride backwards....it has to mess with their equilibrium.

We haven't even thought about the DVD thing yet. I am still dealing with the fact that we NEED a minivan rather than a car....my life is so over.....

 
At 12/04/2008 9:14 AM, Blogger Heather said...

My gosh, they are so cute!!! I really love how different they both look. Sometimes even fraternal twins look so alike it's hard to tell if they are both the same sex. They should have no issues with people mistaking them for each other and not having those "identity issues" you hear about some twins having.

 
At 12/07/2008 2:37 PM, Blogger Linlee said...

The DVD player worked wonders for us. We have the duo and I keep the main one in the front seat so I can change DVD's, etc. It's hard to use our remote when both are on the back of the seats. I was twisting my arm all sorts of ways to get it to work. Since we started using it we haven't had one bad car ride. I don't always play a DVD everytime we go somewhere and my daughter is fine with that. I don't want her to expect to watch something everytime we get in the car. That was my biggest worry.

 
At 12/11/2008 10:53 AM, Blogger Kir said...

They are actually getting a DVD player from Mommy and Daddy for xmas. Plus, since both are at the 20lb weight limit, I am waiting until Jan 8th and then we are facing them forward. Everything will be better then, I just know it.

they are soooooo cute, Faith, I love their outfits and the clapping (which is also very popular in our house) what beautiful little boys. Such a christmas to look forward to.

 
At 12/12/2008 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant get over how big and adorable they are!!!

I wouldnt turn them around yet. I was thinking of doing that myself with my girls, but after reading up on it- they say you should try and keep a child rear facing until they reach at least 30-35 pounds.

My car seat accomodates 35 pounds rear facing, so I will keep them that way- its much safer in case of an accident!

 
At 12/16/2008 12:47 AM, Blogger Tonya Staab said...

You must get a portable dvd player. It has saved my sanity on many a road trip and plane flight. Oh and taking lots of little containers/bags of snacks that they can feed themselves. Yes it will get messy back there but it keeps them entertained and mess can be cleaned. Turning them around when you are ready will make a difference b/c they'll be able to see you .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller