Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 09, 2008

12 Month Stats

We had the boys 12 month check-up last week so I'm a bit delayed in posting the details.

Andrew:
Height: 29 3/4 inches (50 %)
Weight: 20 lbs 12 oz (25th %)
Head Circumference: 48 cm (80-90th %)

Matthew:
Height: 30 3/4 inches (75 %)
Weight: 20 lbs 5 oz (10 %)
Head Circumference: 47 cm (70-80th %)


Andrew weighs less than he did at his 9 Month check-up and Matthew only gained a few ounces. The doctor wasn't concerned and said it's because they are both so active now. This was the first appt where there was a difference between their heights. Both are doing great and are where they should be. Matthew is still a bit advanced in gross and fine motor skills. He has mastered almost all of the 15 month milestones.

I was told to work on their vocabulary. Matthew says two words clearly (ma ma and da da) and Andrew says (ma ma, da da and ut oh) . The doctor would like to see 5-7+ words by their 15 month check-up. Both talk "baby talk gibberish" non-stop but aren't clearly saying words I can distinguish.

I now have both boys on the sippy cups only. No more bottles! The boys have 7oz of milk in the morning and again before bedtime. Then they just have water during the day. I'd like to eliminate the milk right before bed and move it to earlier...maybe offer it w/ dinner or as an afternoon snack.

I feel like these guys can eat. They're on the skinny side but they eat three meals and two snacks a day.

Here's an example of yesterday:

6:30am: 7oz milk in sippy cup, 1/3 cup of cheerios

8:30am: half banana, half a waffle, 4oz yogurt and a handful of cheerios

12pm: 1/8 cup of Edamame (Matthew loves them and its a great source of protein), diced deli meat, dried blueberries, steamed squash, half a string cheese and some crackers

3pm: Crackers and a few pieces of Pirate's Booty

6pm: Chicken & Rice, Peas and Peaches

7:30: 7oz milk in sippy cup

I try really hard to watch the sugar content and feed them a balanced diet w/ all the food groups. We're doing about 75% organic with them. We decided we're only going to give them Organic whole milk. It's pricey but still a lot cheaper than formula!

A few other notes:
  • Andrew and Matthew each have 9 teeth (each has a molar that came through last week). I can also see the other first molars close to coming through on both boys.
  • We are wearing size 4 diapers and wearing some 12 month and some 18 month clothing.
  • Matthew is walking and running all over the place. He has also learned how to climb up and onto small pieces of furniture.
  • Andrew is crawling, standing and just started walking along furniture.
  • They are interacting more and more. I love it!
  • We now have baby proofed toilets and cabinets. After catching Matthew throw half a dozen toys in the toilet I decided it was time.
  • Every week the boys play w/ 3 to 6 other infant boys at play dates.
  • We still have not given the boys a haircut... and its not likely to occur anytime soon. J wants to wait. He likes the longish babyish hair.
  • Matthew is still my early riser that likes to be up before 5:30AM. Andrew almost always sleep in until 7:30.
  • We still have some sleeping issues. Matthew wakes up during the night more often than not. Lately Andrew has been waking up b/c of this and Andrew is actually harder to get back down once awakened.
  • Matthew is still on Prevacid twice a day for his reflux. He seems better but it isn't completely resolved. More than likely we'll take him off the Prevacid in 3-4 months to see how he does. If a child still has reflux at one year of age they have a 50% chance of having it forever so I'm praying he won't fall into that category.
  • Andrew had an eye exam w/ a Pediatric Opthalmologist this week. There was some concern that he may a strabismus w/ his left eye (slightly cross-eyed). We made it half way through the appt before Andrew couldn't take anymore. I was told the entire exam which is carried out by a series of three separate doctors would take 4 hours (four hours)!!!They actually put his head in a vice several times and that was upsetting for both of us. Now I have to go back in a month to finish the exam and they asked that I dilate his eyes at home before coming in. This requires 2 eye drops in each eye twice daily for three days before the exam.Any ideas on how to do that? Especially since I'm on my own for the morning drops. We still have to complete the entire exam before we have a final diagnosis but I was told by two doctors that they didn't see anything wrong.Neither J or I have noticed anything either so we are hopeful that his eyes are perfectly fine.







Mommy & Andrew


Andrew


Andrew


Matthew


Matthew

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10/09/2008 3:56 PM, Blogger Bea said...

I love the little picture in the cart.

Bea

 
At 10/09/2008 4:51 PM, Blogger Caba said...

They are getting so big it's crazy! Feels like yesterday that you were posting belly shots!!

It's amazing how the time flies! Glad to hear that the boys are doing so well and thriving!

 
At 10/09/2008 7:12 PM, Blogger edie & ella said...

They look like little boys now... where did your babies go??? And their thighs are thinning out... how sad. I loved their chunky monkey thighs.....it flies by!!!
When did you start giving them finger foods like cheese and cherrios, etc.....I am not sure when to start that....I know not just yet but just curious.....sam

 
At 10/10/2008 3:52 AM, Blogger cat said...

They are doing so well Faith! Mine are also on the smallish side so we have added a lot of avocado pear, olive oil, seeds, oatmeal, bananas and lentils/peas/pulses. I am sure it is making a difference, but will know next week. My little man L also have to go for the Strabismus tests - still waiting for an appointment. Hope Andrew's eye is fine.

 
At 10/12/2008 1:30 PM, Blogger Nina said...

Oh my - I haven't visited your blog since probably last December, and what a treat to see these wonderful pictures! They are both so incredibly cute and so different, and I luv Andrew's grin...I remember that one of them clearly looked like mom, and another one was a spit image of dad, but now I can't distinguish which one was that:-) speaking of that Strabismus, I'd say it's almost unnoticable - and the little dude is SO gorgeous anyway! I only noticed tiny bit of it in one picture at your entry of June 25th, and only because you mentioned it...

 
At 10/13/2008 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Love the photos.

We are taking A to a ped. opthamologist also - not for strabismus but for some other things. I hope it is not too bad!

I hope you have figured something out for the eye drops - doesn't sound fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller