Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Migraine hell....

My head has been pounding. It feels like it's in a vise and slowly getting tighter and tighter. On a scale of 1 to 10, it’s about an 8 or 9. It's almost 2pm and I'm just getting up for the first time. I'm pretty sure this is a migraine. I used to get migraines twice a month for years and then they pretty much went away when I got off birth control. That was a nice surprise. My migraines are hormone induced. My migraines usually last 3 days, and cause me to be nauseous and sensitive to the light. I called my RE's office today to ask if I could take Imitrex and they said it was okay. I've taken two already and it took the edge off... enough that I'm up and trying to eat something... even writing on my blog. So that is a good sign. The glare is bothering my eyes... so this may be short. The nurse said she hears many complaints that migraines increase or worsen when women go on the fertility drugs. Yeah!! for even more side-effects. I'm surprised I haven't had this bad of a migraine so far since I’ve gone through fertility treatments for a few months now. I have had a mild headache...just about every day but they don't really interfere to badly w/ everyday living.

Hopefully this will subside soon. I need to start packing for our camping trip to Yosemite National Park. We leave early Friday morning.

BTW: I'm on cycle day 4 and I've done two days of Gonal-f injections (225iu). My husband and I have this routine. We wake up at 4am (he goes to work early), and I basically sleep walk to the fridge and grab the medication, needle and antiseptic wipe. I lay down, clean the injection site and J injects me. Most of the shots are painless, although some burn or sting. And a few have left bruises or have even bled a little. Overall not to bad. I have to do the shots while camping so that should be interesting. I plan to place a towel wrapped gonal-f pen in a Tupperware container and then put that in my ice chest. The medicine has to stay cold... but I don't want it to freeze. Any ideas?

4 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 4:40 PM, Blogger soralis said...

Sorry to hear about the migrane... yuck!

Enjoy your camping trip and good luck with the drug cooling!

Take care and good luck

 
At 5/10/2006 6:08 PM, Blogger x said...

I found anytime he hit a vein and there was a bit of blood, that is when it stung a little.

I am so sorry about tht headache, side effects suck!

 
At 5/11/2006 6:19 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

With gonal-f I had headaches too... not as bad as migraines I have, but still pretty bad. I kept a supply of Excedrin tension headache (tylenol and caffeine) and it finally went away when they lowered my gonal-f dose from 225ius to 150ius.

But enjoy your camping trip and hope you feel better soon!

 
At 5/11/2006 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the migrane. I know how you feel although the fertility drugs fortunately did not make mine worse. I sure hope it passes by tomorrow so you can enjoy your trip. :)

Nat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller