Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Beta Results

10DP5DT HCG Beta level= 582

I'm just beyond words w/ happiness that I've made it to this point.
I caved and did not one but 3 different HPT's... one at 9pm last night, one at 3AM this morning and again at 7AM. They all had a very bright positive.

For the first HPT I went into the bathroom...and peed for 5 seconds on the stick and sat there with my eyes shut (wanting to wait 3 mins before looking) ...meanwhile J walks in right after and started looking at it and says "Holy Shit", so I look and think I see a 2nd line and I start crying so I couldn't see well so I kept asking him, "is that a 2nd line"..."is that a 2nd line"...."is that a 2nd line"..... b/c its all blurry from the tears running down my face... then I see it is indeed very positive and proceed to cry hysterically for 5 mins in J's arms while he's bewildered b/c he doesn't understand why I'm crying and seem upset. Of course you all understand why I would be like that (shock, joy, excitement, more shock). I really expected it to be negative. I wasn't holding much hope at all.

After the 1st test I was way too excited to sleep and ended up watching TV and reading all night long... maybe got an hour or two of sleep at most. So I tested again at 3am and again at 7am. We went in for the beta blood draw at 8am and got the results at 1pm. I have my 2nd beta on Monday.

I know this is just a first step and many things could still go wrong but at this point, I don't care... I'm happy, hopeful and grateful and focusing on that.

Thank you so much for holding my hope and supporting me on this very difficult journey so far.

Labels:

36 Comments:

At 2/17/2007 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing beta!! I am so happy for you. Do we get a picture of the positive tests?

I am happy and hopeful along with you!!

 
At 2/17/2007 2:40 PM, Blogger Runergirl said...

YES,YES,YES! I just knew it would work, it sounded like you had a great doctor! And as I said before it sounds like we have very similar issues and I will be using your blog as a reference if I ever decide to try IVF again.
CONGRATS!!!!!

 
At 2/17/2007 2:53 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Congrats!!!!!! That is wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you guys. And I totally understand the crying, that was my exact response. My husband kept asking me what was wrong b/c I cried so much!
I can't wait to see what the 2nd beta is...there might just be 2 little ones in there!!!

 
At 2/17/2007 3:29 PM, Blogger M said...

Oh Faith- this is wonderful! Great beta number, Congrats! x

 
At 2/17/2007 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! I am so happy for you! And what a great number. Not just positive but WAY positive!

 
At 2/17/2007 4:32 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Faith!
I just logged on right now to check and see if you posted and you did and you are and I'm so happy for you. You have been through so much and you have been so determined and I am beyond happy for you. Congrats!

 
At 2/17/2007 4:39 PM, Blogger ellie said...

Yipee! I am happy for you! The new RE seems to be what you needed! Yes, 9 months or so to go- but cool that you got a positive! I wish you an pleasant and uneventful rest of year-- we have all had plenty of drama so wouldn't be awesome to have a mellow pregnancy!
Hugs- and wishing you the best!

 
At 2/17/2007 6:00 PM, Blogger squarepeg said...

FANTASTIC!!! That's just wonderful news!!! Enjoy it :)

 
At 2/17/2007 6:02 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Wow! That's great. Hope you have a very boring time this next 8.5 months.

Bea

 
At 2/17/2007 6:21 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

Oh honey, I am so happy for you!! I have been hoping and wondering all day. I am so excited for you! You deserve this!! Congrats!

 
At 2/17/2007 7:58 PM, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

I am so happy for you!! Congrats!!!

 
At 2/17/2007 11:19 PM, Blogger Rachel Inbar said...

Wow!!! Great beta :-) and yes, of course I understand the tears and the blur...

 
At 2/18/2007 6:19 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Congrats! That is FANTASTIC news.

 
At 2/18/2007 8:23 AM, Blogger Nickie said...

I don't even know what to type to convey how excited I am for you. That is such an awesome beta, if I were a betting gal, I'd put money on twins! So wonderful!!!!!

 
At 2/18/2007 8:52 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Oh Faith. SUCH wonderful news. I am so so SO happy for you, love!!!!!

Great beta too!!!

 
At 2/18/2007 10:08 AM, Blogger Smarshy said...

I'm smiling ear to ear for you faith. Its such great news. You must be over the moon with happiness! Congratulations.

 
At 2/18/2007 12:00 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I literally had goosebumps reading your post! I am SO happy for you. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!

 
At 2/18/2007 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!!! I am so excited for you and J, Faith.

Looks like maybe twins...?

And another pregnancy buddy!

 
At 2/18/2007 5:00 PM, Blogger Baby Blues said...

Oh my gosh Faith! Finally, at long last! It's really happening. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!

 
At 2/18/2007 7:28 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Congratulations!

 
At 2/18/2007 7:32 PM, Blogger Watson said...

Faith,

I can't tell you how happy I am for you and J.

Oh my God, what wonderful, happy news.

May you get even MORE good news at the second Beta, I'm keeping everything crossed for you...much love to you, my dear!!

xoxo

 
At 2/18/2007 9:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

yahoo! yippee! yea haw! thank you Lord!
Congrats Faith. I am pryaing for a climbing beta!

 
At 2/19/2007 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Wishing you all the best for nothing but good news over the next 9 months!

 
At 2/19/2007 7:50 AM, Blogger Pattycake said...

Congratulations! I was so hoping this would be it for you guys!

 
At 2/19/2007 8:10 AM, Blogger soralis said...

Looking good! Wishing you all the best!

 
At 2/19/2007 8:55 AM, Blogger A.M.S. said...

Terrific news! Congratulations~

 
At 2/19/2007 10:13 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Such a high beta!! Yeah! Congrats!

 
At 2/19/2007 11:55 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Yay!!! Congrats! That's a nice high beta! I can't wait to hear your second one.

 
At 2/19/2007 12:33 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Congrats! Sorry I've been away. Still recovering so it's great to finally hear some good news.

I'm so happy for you!

 
At 2/19/2007 1:40 PM, Blogger ak1908 said...

Hi,
I just read about your news on Baby Blues and as a fellow IFer, I wanted to stop over and say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

 
At 2/19/2007 2:28 PM, Blogger Summer said...

What lovely, lovely news! Can't wait to hear about the second beta.

 
At 2/19/2007 3:35 PM, Blogger Yellowgirl said...

Umm... Faith... how many did you put back again? Cause with a beta like that at 15 days past "O" day, I'd say there is more than one in there! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yellowgirl

 
At 2/19/2007 6:57 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations!!!!

 
At 2/20/2007 12:40 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

I only saw this after reading Baby Blues post about you! Oh WOW! You've got me crying and everything! I am so happy for you. Well done, both of you.

 
At 2/20/2007 6:43 AM, Blogger Angi said...

Just wanted to drop by and say congratulations, that is such great news and a high 1st beta!

 
At 2/20/2007 10:52 AM, Blogger Kir said...

OMG, Faith, OMG. I don't come by for a few days and you're PREGNANT...OMG. This is amazing news and I am so happy for you. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes, it's FANTASTIC.

CONGRATS !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller