Transfer Complete
Hi everyone! I'm having J write this since I'm on bed rest & don't have a lap top. Transfer went really well. All 9 embryos made it to day 5. We transferred two perfect blastocysts (rated top grade and flawless). One was already starting to hatch at transfer time. Dr Z only freezes good quality blasts so we will find out how many are on "ice" later today, although he said we could probably expect to have 4 or 5.
I just feel so blessed to have made it this far. J & I have created life, and it's such an amazing feeling. Thank you all for your support and well wishes.
-Side Note-
We switched to 1 inch PIO needles. Thank God.
Labels: IVF #1



22 Comments:
Thanks for the update, I am so happy for! It all sounds so good!
Oh Faith... SO glad for you. Sounds like you not only created life, but made some great quality embryos.
I SO hope that this is your cycle. I have everything crossed for you, sweetie!
That's wonderful! You couldn't have asked for better :) How awesome!
Hi Faith!
I am new to Blogger, but just wanted to say Good Luck with everything.
I wish the best for you & your Husband...Jen :)
Faith,
What great, AMAZING news. I am so happy for you both.
And good luck with the frozen embies, although here's hoping this works perfectly and you have no need for them at this point in time :-)
Much love!!!
Faith - wonderful! The hatching blast is especially good news. I have not yet seen a blogger who has NOT become pregnant when there is a blast hatching at transfer!
Yes, it is a GREAT feeling to know that you have created life. I remember looking over at my Kaiser the day we got our first fert report and saying - wow, our genetic material has fused as one! It is truly a moment for an IFer to behold.
The frozens are good news too - I know it gave us some good peace of mind in the 2ww no matter what happens.
I hope you are resting well and envisioning happy embryo growing/implanting thoughts.
And now I can officially send you some pregnancy karma - so here it comes! Catch it!
(thanks for your note yesterday, BTW! Your husband is a keeper for typing for you.)
Thanks for updating! I keep checking in for a report! So excited that everything went well and I hope the 2ww breezes by!
Yay Faith!!! (and J)!
Very happy for you.
Sounds great! I am so excited for you; just be sure to take good care of yourself (I know you will)in the coming days.
Daniel and I were also just so thrilled to hear that we even created embryos; it is such a wonderful thing.
Take care!
yippee! great news! enjoy your bedrest.
Glad transfer went well. I pray that your little one is digging in.
Oh honey that is wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you. I'm glad you got shorter needles, too. I don't have to give too many shots in my job but I worry about going too deep with some people. I'm thinking happy thoughts for you!! It is your turn. Keep us posted! Take care.
Hey Faith, I have a couple of tips for you for the PIO shots. The first is something that I did my last cycle and it made a huge difference. Half an hour before the shot get a bag of frozen veggies and numb the area to be injected. You won't feel it! Then afterwards you can use a heating pad and massage and this helps it to work itself in (and you won't develop lumps). The second tip is that for this cycle the doc prescribed some lidocain stuff that numbs the area for you and it worked great too. Also, do you have more meat on your outer thighs? That's where I do my PIO, it scared me more because of where it was but it doesn't hurt any more than the hips. Also, is J pinching up the skin when he injects? If he does he SHOULD be able to inject the entire needle (of course I don't know how bony your butt really is so maybe not). I read you're supposed to pinch it up, push the needle all the way in and then release the skin and then inject. OH and what you described with the first shot sounds exactly like you hit a nerve. I did this once and I could feel it down in my knee (remember I am injecting in my outer thigh) Then I had an area that went numb. It was kinda scary but it was fine. Sorry for the long comment...hope these tips help! Good luck girly! It's been such a long road, I hope this works for you! :)
snuggle in tight embies, mommy needs a baby or two!!!! It's time!
Wonderful news. Welcome to the wait!
Sounds great Faith. Waiting and hoping with you. I hope this is the one!
Congratulations! Sounds like an excellent cycle so far. Hope you have a fast and easy two weeks with good news at the far side.
Yay!!! That's great!
Good to hear. And yes, it is amazing.
Bea
I will be keeping a good thought for you, your DH, and those two perfect embryos. I'll check back often hoping for 9 months of good news!
Checking in and wanting you to know that I am thinking about you and am praying for you everyday.
Good luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home