One step farther
...u/s on Sunday went well. I still managed to produce 15+ follies after 3 full weeks on Lupron. I had 10 on the right ovary (where the huge cyst was) and 5 that could be seen on the left ovary. The left ovary was playing hide and seek behind my large intestine so he didn't hunt too long for it and figured we'll get a better count next time. He was able to see at least 5. The largest 6 were all measuring at 12. My lining was at 10.2 and my E2 was 895. Prolactin was 17. I go back on Weds for another u/s. At they time they'll also do another Natural Killer Assay and see if I need IVIg again before transfer. Dr. Z predicts that I will have my ER on Friday or Saturday. (Can I just point out that my old RE Dr. A-hole Hands Off was completely off base when he said my ovaries were crap b/c of high FSH.) I guess I still don't know if my eggs are any good but I take it as a decent sign that I stim better than average.
I started the Lovenox injections last night. Lovenox is another name for Heparin. I was told I'll do these shots every night all the way through pregnancy and for 2 weeks after delivery. The shots have to be given in the abdomen so that will be fun at 8-9 months pregnant. I'm on this b/c of my two MTHFR mutations. Lovenox is a blood thinner and prevents the formation of blood clots. For anyone that is on this or will be, here is some assvice I've learned. This shot can cause a lot of bruising and will be made worse with pressure or heat. So avoid putting any pressure on the injection site after the shot. You want to b/c it feels like a lump under your skin. Also no heat of any type for a few hours before and after the shot. This includes, heating pads, showers, baths, etc.
Right now I'm trying to picture this working... (mind/body connection). I'm trying to stay positive and upbeat (now that the migraine is gone) since either way this isn't the end of the road. It'll work and all of my prayers will have been answered and if not I'll hopefully have some frozen embryos to use w/ a FET or we'll move forward and do another fresh cycle. I will not think about the worst case scenario. Will not. Will not.
Labels: IVF #1



18 Comments:
This is all good news! All the shots do suck, but it is do-able. Everything sounds great. Good job on all those follies!
Well I'm glad it's all going well, especially after the cyst. And to have the migraine gone - that must feel better. Good luck for the next scan.
Bea
So glad you have follicles growing. And a good number to boot! Yahoo!
Sounds like things have definitely made a turn for the better!
I was laughing reading your previous post about the migraine because I felt the same way when I had one a few weeks ago and knew that my Frova (a wonder drug I'd pay $1,000 a pill for) was just a few feet away in the bathroom but I couldn't have any. It's a horrible feeling and no one really knows the pain of migraine until they've had one.
Those follies sound great, moving right along!! Looking forward to an update!
I am thinking such wonderful, good thoughts for you. As I make my way to IVF I am just hopeful that I can do it as well as you...*smiles*
good luck with the next scan and I am sending some very good thoughts.
*big hugs*
I KNEW your old doctor was a quack!
Glad to hear that things are going well, Faith.
And do what you have to do to cope. If it helps you imagine the worst case scenario so you're prepared... do it. If it helps to imagine the best result... do it.
Managing stress so that you stay relaxed is the only way to get through this.
As always I am hoping for you. SO very hard.
Numbers are sounding good! Good luck
Faith,
What great news, I'm so happy you're responding well.
Keep up the positive thoughts that this will work!
GOOD LUCK!!!!
What good news! Got my fingers crossed that everything continues to go well.
It sunds like everything is in place and you have done your research! Keep growing those follicles!!!!
That's an amazing follie count for a highFSHer! Phooey on stupid drs who don't know shit from shinola! If you compare my downs risk from my son's pg to this one (the highFSH one) you'd be hard pressed to believe that FSH has ANY effect on quality either!
I'm so jealous of your wonderfully responsive ovaries, it's not even funny!
Sounds like you are doing great so far and cooking right along!! Did you do one of the Mind/Body Seminars? I am actually starting one this Wednesday night and am really looking forward to it! Just wanted you to know that I am rooting for you - Best of luck!
My fingers are crossed for you and sending positive thoughts your way.
Great news, Faith. That is a wonderful number of follies!
I started heparin shots after my retrieval - my Dr. told me to ice before and after, no rubbing or pressure. It's kind of working, but I still get bruising since my pants are still tight... :-) It's interesting that you are doing Lovenox all the way through preg., my Heparin are through the 12th week. I guess it is a small price to pay... (aside from the large price we pay for IVF!)
I hear you on the positive mantra... do what you gotta do. This cycle, I am trying to stay positive as long as I possibly can. We'll see how long I can do it!
ER is only a few days away!!! So excited for you!
hOh Faith! 15- totally awesome! I am so happy for you. I am wishing the best for you and thank goodness the whole cyst thing is done with now! Good luck on Wednesday!
I am soooo glad your headache went away! And what great news about all those follies! See??? Didn't I tell you that high FSH wasn't the thing to worry about? I am so happy that your cycle is going so well!
Hi Faith, first time to your sight. I have never had IVF before, but I can sympathize with you. I am sending positive thoughts your way, and pray that your cycle is a raging success! I am currently in my 2WW with IUI, and the only thing to do is remain positive! I got a really nice e-mail this morning, not sure how religious you are but it went something like this: GOD WANTED ME TO TELL YOU
Everything that is going wrong in your life today shall be well with you this year. No matter how much your enemies try this year, "they will not" succeed. You have been destined to make it and you shall surely achieve all your goals this year. For the remaining months of this year (2007), all your agonies will be diverted and victory and prosperity will be incoming in abundance. Today God has confirmed the end of your sufferings sorrows and pains because HE that sits on the throne has remembered you. He has taken away the hardships and given you JOY. He will never let you down. Sorry for the really loooong comment.
Sounds like things are on the right track for you! My sympathies on the untreatable migraine. Mine have never reached the prescription drug level, but I spent more than one cycle sobbing about how much I missed my Excedrin Migraine.
Fingers crossed!
Post a Comment
<< Home