Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 22, 2007

Finally!

Yesterday was another long drive up to see Dr Z. The minute we started the u/s I knew the cyst was still there and as large as ever. It filled the entire screen. I was hugely disappointed and frustrated. I didn't want to be sent home once again and told to remain on Lupron until it finally decided to go away. I've already been on Lupron for 3 weeks and the headaches are getting much worse. After some discussion with Dr Z his recommendation was for us to aspirate the cyst and move forward immediately with the cycle.

I've now had cysts go away on their own, I've had them rupture, I've had one removed during a laparoscopy and now I've had one aspirated. The only thing I don't know about cysts is how to prevent them.

The aspiration was actually pretty interesting. I was pretty nervous b/c I expected it to hurt. Really wasn't bad at all. They give you local anesthesia and then guide this long needle with the u/s probe to the cyst. Once they puncture the cyst they drain out all of the fluid through a syringe. They removed two and a half large syringes full of fluid. I guess it was a lot...Nurse were talking about it around the office.

Basically the cyst was just a shell that wasn't going anywhere... or doing anything. Dr. Z said the cyst may fill up a little bit again but that it won't cause a problem b/c it's no longer secreting hormones and it wouldn't get very big. My estradiol is now 14 so obviously everything is very quiet... hopefully not too quiet! 14 is pretty damn low.

I start my Medrol, Doxycycline, and Gonal-f/Repronex today and will decrease my Lupron to 5 units. I'll be having my first IVIg tomorrow so I'll make sure I post again to tell you what that is like. Dr. Z won't bring me back for another u/s and blood work until next Sunday after 6 days of stims. My Natural Killer cells will be tested again at that time to see if I need another IVIg after the retrieval. J will do his part by providing a back up sample in what they call the jungle room.

Call out to Watson at My Dear Watson. I enjoyed our chat very much and hope we can meet up together soon.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 1/22/2007 8:23 AM, Blogger squarepeg said...

Finally indeed! I'm glad to hear you don't have to wait anymore. Good luck with the stims and I can't wait to hear about your retrieval and transfer - very exciting!!

 
At 1/22/2007 8:37 AM, Blogger soralis said...

So sorry about the cyst, I am glad that they were able to do something about it.

Good luck

 
At 1/22/2007 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith, I am SO happy that that cyst was kicked out the door by Dr. Z, and that you are now able to move forward. The last 2 weeks must have been agonizing with all that waiting!

I'm glad that the aspiration wasn't bad. I'd guess it's similar to what our Canadian friends go through in an ER since they do not go into general anesthesia, only local.

I hope your Lupron headaches quiet down soon. They are hard to deal with - but I bet you'll feel better after a few days of stims. Your estrogen is pretty low - and I think that's what causes the headaches.

My Dr. also waits until 7 days of stims before the first u/s. There usually isn't much they can learn before then anyhow, so I think that's normal.

Best of luck on your IVIg - will be interested to hear about that process.

Wishing you GOOD LUCK now that you finally get to start, Faith!

 
At 1/22/2007 10:51 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Sorry your cyst was still there, but glad to here that he was able to do something about it. Congrats on starting your stims!

 
At 1/22/2007 11:21 AM, Blogger Watson said...

Hi Faith,

Just wanted to say thanks again, it was SO great talking to you yesterday. And I'm thrilled the cyst is gone and you can start the next steps today.

I wish you all the best for this cycle and hope it's your first and LAST (in a good way!).

I had to commend your impressive knowledge of all things IVF on my post today, I hope you don't mind. I will surely be calling you again in the next few weeks and am so happy we met!

xoxo

 
At 1/22/2007 1:07 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

FINALLY. Excellent news, Faith. I am glad that Dr. Z was able to rid you of it so you can move forward.

Keep us posted. :)

 
At 1/22/2007 2:59 PM, Blogger Nickie said...

Awesome news! I was hoping he'd decide to drain the damn thing. It's essentially the same thing as ER, now you know what to expect then too.

I hope things take off like gang busters for you now. You might remember that I was not able to get any follies growing, but the next cycle on my own was the one I got pg on, so I do think aspirating the cyst is what got me back on track. I hope it does the same for you!!

 
At 1/22/2007 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally Faith you can get started!! Hope your feeling ok.
xx

 
At 1/22/2007 7:36 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Good luck. Sorry to hear that the cyst was still there, but glad to hear the doctor decided enough was enough and took care of it.

 
At 1/22/2007 9:09 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Ok, well I'm glad to hear things are looking up. Best of luck stimming!

Bea

 
At 1/22/2007 9:52 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

You probably already know this about IVIg, but here's a bit of unrequested a**vice anyway, because I just can't seem to stop myself: Ask them to do the infusion as slowly as possible to help prevent headaches. And, since you'll be there for a few hours, don't forget an ipod, plenty of good reading material and some snacks and/or drinks.

Also, a word of encouragement about the E2 level - during our fresh cycle, I think mine was 15 before we began, and I responded just fine to the stims.

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you...

 
At 1/23/2007 6:29 AM, Blogger Kir said...

finally, finally...yes!
I am so happy that the cyst is gone and you can get on with more important things like making a baby. I am so excited for you.
Sending prayers and love to you

 
At 1/23/2007 7:43 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay! I am so glad you were able to start your stims! Praying this cycle is the one.

 
At 1/23/2007 8:22 AM, Blogger ellie said...

Wow! I didn't even know they could do that to cysts-- I am so glad that it is finally taken care- I swear the waiting for something to happen is the worst. waiting 7 days after stims is totally normal-- and what I am accustomed to- though my RE now has checked me out 2 times already and today will be 3-- and my 7th day. Being as I haven't had much luck in the past- I am fine with the extra viewing.

Good luck on the stims-- you are offically now about a week behind me-- so again we are cycle buddies.

 
At 1/23/2007 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you can finally move ahead. Good Luck!

 
At 1/23/2007 5:16 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I'm glad you are finallya able to move forward! What an ordeal.

Good luck.

 
At 1/25/2007 12:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay the cyst is gone! Im so glad you finally get to get started on the Ivf cycle! It's always hurry up and wait with these cycles isn't it?

 
At 1/25/2007 8:13 AM, Blogger x said...

I am glad to hear that you are able to keep moving with this cycle. Sounds like you've got a pretty good RE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller