Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Twiddling my thumbs...

as I wait for my cyst to go down...When will that be since it has now grown from 40mm to 57mm in just 5 days. The even stranger part is that my estradiol (E2) is down to 50 from the original 255 so the Lupron is finally working. Dr Z feels that the cyst is at its limit in terms of growing and should burst anytime now since the estrogen supply has been cut off. So my E2 is where is should be but I have this huge mass hanging out and it sure doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. During the u/s Dr. Z did his best to try and rupture the damn thing. It seemed like he was putting all of his weight on that probe... forcing it to push on the cyst. I could see it moving and bouncing back on the screen. Dr. Z kept asking if I was in much pain and I wasn't which amazed him. I was just thankful for having an empty bladder b/c he would have had a face full of urine from the pressure that was also being applied to my bladder.

I go back once again on Sunday to see if it's gone as Dr. Z predicts. He basically feels that it should go away quickly now that my E2 is low. My lining was thin and my other ovary was quiet so I'm in the exact place I should be to start my cycle except for this damn cyst. Dr. Z plans to keep me on the Lupron until the cows come home (cyst is gone) and doesn't seem worried at all that I'll be too suppressed. Trust me when I say I'll do the worrying for him. We talked about him aspirating the cyst and he said he'd rather wait it out b/c the cyst can just fill right back up with fluid if it's not ready and he said the procedure is somewhat unpleasant. I guess only a tropical or local anesthesia is used and it will help but not completely take away the pain. I'd tell him to go for it if we didn't have to worry about it filling right back up and he seems so damn confident that my cyst will be gone soon.

I didn't have any side effects the first two weeks on the Lupron but now I'm feeling a little under the weather. Just in time to replace the chest cold that is finally starting to disappear. I'm on my 3rd week of Lupron (10units) and I have a headache and feel tired and somewhat like I'm in a tunnel. I figure the side effects are now starting up since the E2 is finally down. The Lupron probably wasn't having much of an effect when the cyst was producing all of those hormones.

Gross side note: I can feel the cyst easily as I press on my lower abdomen. I can even hear the fluid moving around in it. I now play with my cyst throughout the day hoping I'll either pop the thing myself or notice that it is no longer there.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 11:30 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Be gone you stinking cyst! Sorry to hear your cyst is still there. You can actually feel it from outside? WOW, that is a big one! Will it hurt when it pops? Hope it goes away soon.

 
At 1/16/2007 1:40 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Glad I didn't have any water in my mouth when I read "would've had a mouth full of urine"!!! I would've had a very wet computer monitor.

Hope the cyst goes away quickly.

 
At 1/16/2007 2:22 PM, Blogger Watson said...

Yikes, what the HELL is going on with that cyst??

I'm so sorry that this is complicating matters with your cycle, but I know with Dr. Z you're in good hands.

Hang in there, and I hope all looks clear at your next scan.

xoxo

 
At 1/16/2007 3:11 PM, Blogger Watson said...

Me again!

I just read your comment, thanks so much for the inside scoop :-)

I'd love to discuss Dr Z's protocols, and by the time I cycle I hope you're good and pregnant!!

My e-mail is: meadsmith@hotmail.com, feel free to drop me a line and we can chat on the phone.

(I do have PCOS, but I was told that it wasn't too severe. I guess I should ask more specifically about the two-month regime of BCPs.)

 
At 1/16/2007 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That #$&*#($& cyst. I can understand your frustration. I hate not having a plan or a clue on when things will happen.

Sorry for the "Lupron loopiness" although I agree, it is probably a good sign. Now if that cyst would just go away, you would be in business!

Will be hoping and praying that the cyst goes "the way of the dodo!" And SOON!

 
At 1/16/2007 3:21 PM, Blogger Carol said...

ok totally gross that you can hear the fluid in the cyst!

But I guess it's good that your dr feels like it should be resolved soon - then you'll be on your way before you know it.

 
At 1/16/2007 7:04 PM, Blogger Baby Blues said...

I hope the damn cyst shrinks! Don't try to pop it because the fluid may irritate the peritonuem causing peritonitis, which may cause sharp pain.

 
At 1/16/2007 7:59 PM, Blogger Kate said...

That sucks that the cyst is still there. I wish it would just go away. I sure admire your determination though, I must say. My HCG was negative, thanks for checking in. Back to the drawing board for me. I hope the rest of this month goes better for you.

 
At 1/17/2007 5:55 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

That cyst is just too comfortable in there!!! I had to laugh at your gross note...before I knew about my endo, I could lay down in bed and feel my cyst, too. Of course, I was hoping it was just my uterus being swollen from pregnancy but eventually discovered it was a grapefruit-sized endometrioma. Luckily I did feel it, though, because that's the only way I found out about it...my Ob/Gyn completely missed it about a month prior during my exam.
I hope that Lupron starts kicking in in more ways than just making you feel icky.

 
At 1/17/2007 7:48 AM, Blogger A.M.S. said...

I'll cross my fingers for you and send lots of "shrink" thoughts your way. Doesn't it always seem like there's always one more hurdle to clear?

Good luck!

 
At 1/17/2007 9:35 AM, Blogger Nickie said...

crap. I've done a cyst aspiration w/o ANY pain meds and it's not that bad. Yes it hurts like a mo-fo but only for a minute or so and then that cyst is empty. Can't imagine it's much worse than the pressure he put on you with the probe. Yikes!

I worry too about all that lupron oversuppressing you, but I hope your RE is right and it goes away on it's own soon. Even with my aspiration, I was still trying to grow cysts so maybe waiting this puppy out is the right thing. Ahhh, for a crystal ball...

Hang in there girlie.

 
At 1/17/2007 10:04 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Oy. That damn cyst! I am sending you popping vibes... (that didn't really come out right, but whatever works, right?)

Hang in there, hon.

 
At 1/17/2007 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn that cyst. I hope its gone Sunday; I can't believe you can feel it!! I can understand your worry about the oversuppression (I had the same worry and wasn't a bit oversuppressed), but really your body is just going into the suppression phase since the cyst has been making all the orders thus far. Fingers crossed for a good clear scan.

 
At 1/17/2007 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I popped my own cyst, just have lots of sex! That's what got rid of mine!

 
At 1/17/2007 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I popped my own cyst, just have lots of sex! That's what got rid of mine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller