Going crazy... 5DP5DT
The 2WW wait is definitely the hardest part of IVF. All I can think about is if my embryos are nestling in for 9 months. The two first days on bed rest were fine...just watched bad daytime TV and a few blockbuster movies. Once Friday came I started to worry...shouldn't I start feeling something...shouldn't my breasts be sore and nipples tender. Why don't I feel anything? Shouldn't I have some side effects from the trigger shot at least. Then my husband reminds me that I had extremely tender boobs for all 6 injectible/IUI's and the Clomid cycles and we know how those turned out. So I remind myself that very few women can actually feel implantation and fertile women that get pregnant naturally never know they're pregnant until they have a missed period. My theory is that most of us infertiles read into every symptom that is related to our individual side effect of the medications.
So the only side effects I have right now are that I'm really hot... I feel like it's 100 degrees out (hello progesterone), I crave salty foods which is unusual for me, and I can't sleep well- insomnia ... and if I focus really hard I can almost imagine a few twinges in the abdominal area.
This obsessing basically started after I got an update on Friday from Dr. Z's office about our extra embryo's. They only froze one blastocyst. I was extremely disappointed and confused since we had so many great quality embryo's growing on day 5. Besides the two grade1 blastocysts we transferred, we had 4 early blastocysts that were grade 1 and 2, a grade 1 morula and two 10 cell embryos. But Dr. Z only freezes top quality full blastocysts. (he does have a 40% success rate w/ FETS so maybe this is why) So only one of the early blasts turned into a full blast by the morning of day 6. I tried not to let it get me too down but I couldn't help but cry a few tears and the potential life that was lost with those that weren't saved.
I am happy to report that the 1 inch progesterone needles are much better. J brought up our concerns during our transfer consult w/ Dr. Z and he immediately said we could switch to one inch b/c of my size. I (knock on wood) have no bruises on my behind...none...so J must be doing something right in that department. I use the heating pad before and after and it's no longer a big deal. I thought I would avoid progesterone suppositories since I'm on PIO, but no...they have me on those too...
My stomach is dotted w/ pencil eraser size bruises from the Lovenox. I ice before those shots and don't even mind them much anymore. I find that the first two days of any shot is the worst and then they get better. It's the anticipation that is the worst part. I also think it's because the injectible medications got worse as they were added to my protocol. Lupron is the easiest, then gonal-f/repronex, trigger HCG shot, Lovenox, progesterone... so each time you add a new injection the previous one seems easy as pie.
5 days to go... My clinic makes you do two betas. One at 10DP5DT and one at 12DP5DT, even if the first one is negative. I'm grateful they fall on the long holiday weekend. J and I will either we celebrating our fortunate blessing or he'll be scooping me off the ground. The important thing is we'll be together those 3 days and I know we can get through anything that comes our way as long as we have each other.
Labels: IVF #1



23 Comments:
Hi Faith,
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. But I have been reading your blog and I am hoping and praying that this works and your embies stay put for 9 months. You have been through so much and I admire your determination more than you realize. I just decided to try another injectible cycle. Just got my Gonal F and getting ready to have my first shot tonight. I'm such a huge chicken. It's not the shots, it's just the whole anticipation/disapointment/hope/anxiety of the whole thing. I know you know exactly what I'm talking about. As for immunological testing that you asked about on my blog. Yes, I have had that through a Dr. in Chicago. All my NK cells came back normal as did all the other panels. I do have homo MTHFR but none of my doctors recommend lovenox. Not sure why but all 5 have said that I don't need it. Anyway, I hope these next few days fly by and you are posting good news in a few short days. I'll be thinking of you and checking on you. P.S. Your assvice is always welcome on my blog!
The 2WW post IVF is a miserable bear . . . at least the time between ER and ET seems to take away some of the length of it, but the hours last forever and the days are eternity. Just try to stay busy as you can! And you will hear this a million times, but the symptoms are so hard to read - esp. with PIO AND suppositories (I did the same). I never got any real pregnancy symptoms until I was closer to 7 weeks so try not to fret about that. I hope the next 5 days fly by. I feel like we'll be reading good news at the end of the week. Fingers crossed for you.
Faith,
Have enjoyed reading through your blog-we are newbies on the infertility blogs--it is very comforting to read other blogs, although we all wish infertility wasn't an issue! Come visit us sometime--and BEST of luck with this round!
Faith - so glad to hear the transfer went well. At least only 5 more days until your beta - hopefully they will fly by (although I know they won't :( )...
I'm wishing you the best. I know how badly the 2ww stinks although my hubby and I are only doing IUI's not the big leagues yet. I start my 2ww on Wednesday. Let me know if you know nay tricks to make it go faster?
Oh and I read into every little change my body has during the 2ww as well. Any little twinge is a symptom to me, ha.
I'm sending good vibes your way and wishing that the next 5 days fly by. I'll be checking in on you to hear your progress.
~Debbie
Sorry you didn't have more to freeze, but hopefully you won't need them. the 2ww is torture. I am the worst symptom obsessor ever, so from my perspective it sounds like you're not doing too bad.
I'm sending you every "my how time flies" vibe I can muster! Hang in there!
The being very hot and the insomnia sound very promising. I sure hope it's not just all the progesterone you're on and it's from those little ones burrowing in nice and tight!!!
Sounds like the 2ww is going by as fast as it can. All I remember with my pregnancy with my son is that I had no symtoms, so it sounds like things are going well for you! Keep us posted
hi Faith,
I can't imagine, this 2ww must be just awful. I wish I could speed up time for you, and tomorrow it would be your Beta with good news!!
I am keeping everything crossed for you and please call if you want to chat/waste some of the 2ww time.
xoxo
Faith, I'm so sorry there was only one blast to freeze. That is so surprising with how it sounded like things were headed. I had a neg HPT the day before my period and then another neg the day I "thought" my period started. The first symptom I had was anger. I was pissed off at everything. I did know something was different with my body, but I was still grieving another month gone by with no baby/knowing that now we would be moving officially into the world of infertility. Then I started getting nauseated in the afternoons. Then I was scared because I had stopped taking my progesterone.
I'm so glad you are doing better with your shots. Hang in there. Your in my thoughts and prayers.
The last week is always the worst. And sometimes it seems to get a little bit harder as time ticks by.
I'm wishing those days faster for you...
Bea
Faith,
I hope this week flies by for you. I know how hard this part of the cycle is. If it makes you feel better I have insomnia too. It is my third night with it. Currently it is 1:45am.
Hey sweetie; the 2ww is SO hard. And I think you're right - most of our 'symptoms' are really a side effect of the medications.
I really don't have the words to communicate how very much I am hoping that this is your cycle, Faith.
I'm really glad they gave you the shorter needles. He must have been just about hitting bone with those long ones.
I am sorry there weren't more to freeze. It is natural to feel sad when they don't all make it.
I hope you get some great news this weekend. This last stretch is the hard part, I hope you don't poke you boobs so much that they end up bruised too.
Hang in there Faith. I agree, the 2ww is the worst part of the ART cycle. The suspicion over the slightest symptom get me more anxious. You're in my prayers.
The 2ww is definitely not the most fun thing to go through. I wish you the best!
Hi Faith. Hang in there - not much longer...
I'm sorry that there weren't more blasts to freeze, but it does sound like the one that was frozen is top grade, so that is great!
You're right about symptoms - most of them are medication related. The only thing I really noticed this time that was different from my failed cycles was the cramping (about 7dp5dt) - it was like short stabbing pains down there - and they just came and went.
Everything else I can attribute to progesterone.
I, too, have a stomach dotted with little purple bruises from the heparin shots (twice a day) - I have a few large green bruise areas on both sides of my stomach from the pinching of the skin - so we stopped doing that. The icing definitely helps reduce the bruising.
I will be thinking of you this weekend and of course praying for good news!
Good luck. I think we all hate the two week wait. Hang in there. Glad you got the smaller IM needles.
Okay, so am I the only one who wants to know if you plan to pee on any sticks????? If not, very strong of you! (Me, I always cave. Always.). Anyhow, GL to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yellowgirl
Hang in there! Beta will be here before you know it!
Hopefully you won't have to worry about that frozen blast for awhile!
I saw that you are on Lovenox. Why are you on it? My doctor wants to put me on Heparin this cycle but I'm not sure why and I know Lovenox is similar. :)
oh Faith, I am so sorry I missed all the happenings, but I am praying like crazy that those perfect embryos are nestling in and growing, growing.
THINKING OF YOU My friend!
*Hugs*
Kir
Faith--I'm holding hope for you. I wish that you'll have a high beta that doubles again with 48 hours. Only smooth sailing from here.
Post a Comment
<< Home