Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 25, 2007

22 weeks 3days (w/ belly shots)

This has been a better week. My leg still hurts on and off but seems better over all. I haven't experienced any more cramping although I do sometimes get a painful tightening in my uterus at times. I sit down when that happened and it goes away. I had a Doctors appt today and both babies look good. I feel lots of kicking in there now especially when I sit or lay down after eating. I still feel much more kicking on my left side than the right but that may be b/c baby A is in a transverse position. For those of you that have been on or are on blood thinners, I'm finding mine to be more difficult to administer. I was told my Lovenox shots have to be in my belly- around the belly button and now that I'm getting stretched out I have very little skin to pinch for the shot so they hurt more. It also makes J and I nervous that we'll hit one of the babies since they kick all around my belly button. I suppose I have muscle and fat layers so that would be impossible?

My parents came down to visit and cleaned my entire house.... I was able to skip all the ironing, cooking and cleaning for a week! How nice... They plan to visit again in a few weeks and will paint the nursery for me then...yes I'm spoiled! Truth to be told I wish I could do more but I really have to limit all activities which is frustrating at times. In the end it will be more than worth it. J and I have been shopping more since I'm worried about how long I'll be able to get around. I don't want to wait until the end and risk partial or full bed rest. We went ahead and bought out double stroller and car seats (plus seat protectors, sun shades, and mirrors so we can see them when they're rear facing). So my SUV is completely ready once we hook it all up. We are pretty set on clothing and other small essentials- baby grooming, baby bathtub, burp cloths, blankets, crib sheets... we've even stocked up on diapers. I believe we have 1500 diapers stacked up in the closet right now. That should last us ...ummmm, maybe 6 weeks :-) I went ahead and registered at babies-r-us and included everything I could think of so that it's recorded in case I can't finish up my shopping myself. We plan to pick up the crib, (we're buying one new one and one is being given to us), crib mattresses and crib bedding in a few weeks. I'll be ordering my diaper bags on-line soon- I've picked out two I want and I found a really cute nursing cover-up that I plan to order.

I also decided to get pre-registered at the hospital since it's a hospital in another town. My doctor (who's also out of town) will only deliver there and I plan on traveling there from now on if I have any more complications. I went to the local hospital for my last few incidents and they won't discuss my case with an out of town doctor. They'll share info with him on what happened but won't let him make any decisions about my care. So- hopefully 45 mins won't be too much of a distance now on. When we registered they gave us an hour long tour of the labor and delivery unit. We got lucky since it was a slow day. I felt comforted knowing more about where I'll be and how they handle certain things. The nurse answered all of my questions and it was like Fort Knox in there w/ security so my babies should be completely safe from strangers.

And now...my current belly shots. I get stopped everywhere I go now with people wanting to know when I'm due. So I guess it's pretty obvious.







Labels:

19 Comments:

At 6/25/2007 7:51 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

Holy cow you guys sound set! I am envious. I'm glad everyone is still doing well. You look wonderful!

The only Lovenox shots I give are ones that are one time doses (or they only get a couple at least) and they always have us give them in the thigh.

 
At 6/26/2007 7:03 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

So cute!!!! You are a great size for twins (I'm sure you hear that ALL the time!!). And you guys are doing great by getting all of the essentials now. We shopped early on but I still haven't gotten around to organizing and now it's really taking a lot out of me to do much. I wish I would have done more earlier. But, I am going to Babies R Us today so I'm definitely going to pick up the sun shades & mirrors...thanks for the reminder! I guess it's almost time for me to go ahead and install everything. Wow. Are you thinking of getting the twin bassinet?

 
At 6/26/2007 7:33 AM, Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I am SO happy to hear that everything is coming together for you. :-)

 
At 6/26/2007 11:02 AM, Blogger Kir said...

Oh Faith you look so good and I am so happy that you are feeling better.

it definately sounds like all your bases are covered. Kudos to your family for doing so much to help out around the house too. The less you do the better you're going to feel.

 
At 6/26/2007 11:41 AM, Blogger Carol said...

sounds like everything is coming together. And you look great!

 
At 6/26/2007 1:24 PM, Blogger Watson said...

Faith,

I am so happy you're doing better, and good for you for getting organized.

All the twin Mommies I talk to say get everything done early and that way, even without bedrest, you'll feel better!

And as always, you look AMAZING. I swear I'm way bigger than you and I'm only 16 weeks :-)

 
At 6/26/2007 1:33 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Oh, Faith! You look amazing. Good for you for getting as prepared as possible. As I was reading your post, it occured to me that I don't have a baby bath tub! LOL.

So glad the babies are well!

 
At 6/26/2007 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look fantastic!

 
At 6/26/2007 6:42 PM, Blogger Nickie said...

AH, you look lovely!!! I, too, am surprised at how tiny your belly is with twins in there. They must like to hide in your pelvis and ribs!

Sounds like you've got a good handle on the shopping thing.

I remember having a hard time finding a place to inject the insulin with my son's pg. I would just ask them if they can recommend another location to inject. Maybe your inner thigh? Mine always seems to have a bit of softness to it. LOL

I think the drive to the hospital should be fine. My hospital is about that far away and it's the closest one to me.

 
At 6/26/2007 7:06 PM, Blogger Caba said...

you look great! Here's a tip for you, as embarrassing at it may be. Use the little mechanical carts when you go to stores/supermarkets, etc. My sister always made fun of me, but walking around stores was SO tiring when I was pregnant with my twins, and I felt like I could still get stuff done. It was funny when the only other people using them were elderly folks, but everyone always gave me one to use. My husband and I still are mad that we never took a picture of me on it!

 
At 6/26/2007 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith,
I wanted to say thanks so much for leaving the very nice comment about Dr. Zouves! I'm very happy to hear about your twins!! I've seen you on the IVFConnections board when I read through alot of the old posts and will probably post some questions for you and the other Z. girls as soon as I have my consult with him. I also read through alot of your blog today and bookmarked the questions you asked Dr. Z during your consult. I'm glad you kept such a good record on your blog!! :)

 
At 6/27/2007 10:41 AM, Blogger Gemini Girl said...

I am so happy you are feeling better! Keep those babies and yourself well-rested!

I wish I could go ahead and purchase items for my babies, but in my family's traditon- you are not allowed to buy anything before the babies are born (they say it has to do with the evil eye- i am middle eastern after all).

You seem prepared! I would love to know what stroller you got. We are thinking of getting the Quatro Graco. I test drove it on sunday and it seems great.

 
At 6/28/2007 11:45 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

I just wanted to say that you look beautiful. What's the secret to looking so great? :)

 
At 6/28/2007 9:10 PM, Blogger Mony said...

Pregnancy suits you in a RIDICULOUS way!
You are absolutely beautiful. Just lovely.

 
At 6/29/2007 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KAC--
Okay, beautiful belly shots! I'm like twice as big as you (at 36 weeks, but singleton) so you better get bigger or I'm going to have a major jealousy fit! AND you are much further in your shopping than I am....!

Oh, where did you get your diaper bags from? I'm just not finding a lot of cool bags around these parts!

Yellowgirl

 
At 6/29/2007 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith, I'm glad that things have calmed down a bit for you!

I love the belly shots - they will be great for a scrapbook. You are definitely "glowing!"

Also, regarding the Lovenox shots, we are still doing them too - till 34 weeks - and have stopped "pinching" because it was causing more bruising. And we go further away from the belly button - I think you're supposed to keep away 3-4 inches around it. So maybe try going closer to the hips. It works for me - but I have more padding than you! It is strange to do an injection when you know that there are babies just a little bit behind that area, but the needle is not that long so you are only hitting skin and fat layers.

Awesome that your parents are helping out. We've been nesting too - I think it's especially important for us twin moms to get as much done as early as possible. Aside from the bedrest issue, it helps me feel like I have some control over something during a time that will otherwise become chaotic...

Regarding your question on my blog, I think I will post a photo of the boys when they are born, but will take it down a few days after.

Trucking right along - I hope all continues to be great for you and the boys!

 
At 6/29/2007 6:29 PM, Blogger x said...

Hey, you dyed your hair - I like it brown. You look so damn sexy pregnant. That's the way I had hoped I would look, like somebody put a basketball on my tummy (instead of one on my ass too, lol).

 
At 7/01/2007 6:16 AM, Blogger Baby Blues said...

Definitely obvious! But you look great! :-) I like the belly shot with your hubby casting a shadow.

 
At 7/01/2007 10:41 PM, Blogger Pixxiee said...

Oh what a gorgeous belly you have! I am so pleased to hear all your news :-) Thinking of you Faith...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller