Happy Birthday
...to me and J since we were born on the same day.... It's actually a belated B-day since our Birthdays were on June 2nd. We celebrated yesterday by going to the Zoo and then to a nice meal out. My cravings for new "heavy and unhealthy" foods just amazes me. These boys must like red meat and be big eaters since their mother has never been either. Typically pre-pregnancy I might have ordered a grilled chicken sandwich or fish w/ salad on the side. Yesterday I ordered a warm gooey artichoke dip for an appetizer, a side salad that was filled w/ feta cheese, dried cranberries, candies walnuts, etc. to start out w/ and then I had a half rack of ribs, french fries and garlic mashed potatoes for dinner. Ribs were the only thing on the menu that sounded good and you couldn't have paid me to eat ribs pre-pregnancy. A few hours later after that huge meal where I swore I wouldn't eat again for the rest of the day b/c I was so stuffed I made J take me to Baskin Robbins so I could get a scoop of chocolate mint chip ice cream. I have a feeling I'll have no trouble putting on the recommended 45 pounds now that my appetite has kicked in. Hopefully it won't all pour on in a month though :-)
We have the boys names down to a short list. We know one of the names for sure and the other is between two so I'll announce them when we're decided. We've been looking at cribs and all of the other stuff we need but haven't made any purchases yet. For some reason I've been putting it off (wanting to make sure everything w/ the pregnancy was going the way it should) and we have our house for sale so I don't really want to start decorating the nursery until we find out if we're moving or not. The housing market in California is slow... there are a ton of houses on the market right now so it's definitely a buyers market (will be so nice to be on that side of things). It's a pain in the ass to have your house up for sale. I'm constantly cleaning for someone that may come by. We had one person make an appt that never showed after I rushed around to make the house perfect. We plan to keep the house on the market two more months and then we'll take it off so we can get serious about the nursery and settling "nesting" in before the babies arrive. It would be so nice to move close to where J works (about an hour away) though so keep your fingers crossed for us.
Also- the results to my AFP triple screen came back negative (whatever that means) which I was told is good. I passed my glucose testing w/ flying colors and my thyroid is behaving for now. So I just need to eat, take it easy, put my feet up as much as possible and let these baby boys grow.
Labels: 2nd Trimester



18 Comments:
Hey thanks for posting! Well we're both gemini's having twins- isnt that a kick?
Happy belated! Congrats on the two boys- your husband must be thrilled! every guy wants sons.... although the daughters warm their hearts!
Happy Birthday! That does sound like quite a meal. I'm glad you are doing so well.
I had a terrible pain in my back today and it made me think of you. It came on suddenly and I just kept hoping that it wasn't a stone. It would seem fitting the way things have been going. I kept waiting to see if I would have other symptoms but it eventually started to get better. I already had an appointment with the chiropractor for acupuncture so he just adjusted my back and then it was gone. I was so glad, but it still made me wonder how you were doing!
So glad you are feeling better and can enjoy pregnancy cravings. Congrats on the boys, what fun you are going to have!
Happy belated birthday! Too cool that you both have the same bday!
Sounds like your boys are already changing your world with those food cravings!
Hope the house sells quickly so you can settle somewhere for a long while.
Happy Birthdays. All sounds good.
Bea
Happy Birthday Faith!!!
And what a lovely way to celebrate it, pregnant with twin boys! That's the best birthday gift.
Happy Birthday to you and J. Just keep taking it easy, eating and resting and enjoying your pregnancy. You're doing great. Hope the house sells...FAST!
Happy Birthday to you both! Isn't this the best birthday yet?
I hope your home sells quickly. It is such a pain keeping it neat and clean for showings...
Happy belated b-day to you and J!!
I am thrilled to hear you're feeling good and finally eating, keep it up :-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
And how fantastic that you are craving (and eating!) such yummy things.
Glad that everything is going so well. :-)
Happy birthdays to you! Sounds like things are going well - and your appetite sounds good.
Happy Belated Birthday!!!
That is so funny about your recent cravings! I have made it through this whole time without any real cravings, except I have developed quite a sweet tooth in the last few weeks.
I hope the house-selling goes well for you guys. I HATE that process!! When we had ours on the market (and I was 3dp5dt!!), we had someone call for an appointment to see the house so we rushed around cleaning like crazy and then, since I was supposed to be on bedrest, Daniel and I got in his truck and I laid back in the seat and we just drove down to the end of the street to wait. They never showed!! And we had to call to find out that they weren't coming, after sitting in the truck for an hour!!!
I can't wait to see the names you've picked :)
Happy birthday girl!!!
Yeah, I am glad that you are feeling so well and that things are progressing so good! The housing market is slow but I hope you have luck selling and settling in a new place where you won't be having to move again- and you'll get all new neighbors! Anyhow, I have been pretty dang quiet- but I am thinking of you and wishing you the best!
happy birthday!!
a gemini having twins - love it!!
Happy Birthdays! It is so great to hear about the boys too! Glad they are doing so well.
Hope the house selling goes well for you guys. Having the new nursery be in the new house would be lots of fun. Wishing you lots of luck.
HAPPY *belated* birthday sweetie.
glad everything with the boys is going well and you are getting lots of yummy food :)
How are you doing Faith? Everything going okay?
Post a Comment
<< Home