Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 06, 2007

24 weeks!

I can't believe I've already made it to 6 months already. I had my first cervical check today. It measured 4.3cm and I was told that was great. He also did the FFN test (fetal fibronectin test) to see if preterm labor could be in my future and that came back negative which is also wonderful news. Dr. H said the combination of these two results makes me an unlikely candidate for preterm labor. I was thrilled to hear that. For some reason I've lost 3 pounds since my last appt so I'm currently up 17 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight at this point (24 weeks). I have noticed that it's much harder for me to eat much these days. I suffer from constant indigestion and heart burn. After every meal I feel like it's coming right back up my throat. So even though I still have a healthy appetite I'm less inclined to eat much b/c I'm miserable afterwards. I'm also becoming more and more uncomfortable. It already feels like my ribs are squished.

J and I went out and bought me a recliner this week. I have a feeling I'll be spending more and more time in this chair as the pregnancy continues. I also predict I'll be sleeping in it before long. I'm able to recline just right so that my rib cage opens up. It's so nice to get a full breath. We debated on the glider vs. recliner, but I went w/ the recliner b/c you can get really comfy over-sized ones that are reasonably priced and look good. I also think we'll be more likely to use it as an everyday piece of furniture later on than we would be w/ a glider.

On Monday I'll be having another growth ultrasound. We have the quick "find the heartbeat" u/s every visit but it's been 6 weeks since we had an in depth ultrasound so I'm looking forward to seeing the boys in detail. They have definitely make their presence known. I have kicking and moving around going on all day and all night long. Have any of you w/ twins named which baby is which yet? I have Matthew on my right side (baby A) and Andrew on my left (baby B), I asked Dr. H if he could keep them straight when they're born so that they can remain named that way. He said since I'm having a C-section that it might be hard...b/c you never know which one might pop to the top when he opens me up. It may help if one is breech and the other vertex or if they differ some in their weights so that we can tell which is which. I already talk to them all the time and use their name so I'd love to keep them straight... and J has recently started to read children's stories to them at night. They have the ability to hear at this point so we want them to get to know his voice too.

I have to say that even though you hear all of my pregnancy complaints and so forth here...I truly couldn't be happier. I was just reflecting this morning on how lucky I am. My life is much better than I even imagined it could be. This is in part b/c of being pregnant but also due to more than that. I used to be so restless... I didn't have a direction in my life and I was constantly searching for something to fulfill me. My life was filled w/ drama. It took me a long time but now I'm settled down and married to a great guy w/ a good heart. Someone that I can count on and that puts me before himself. We both deeply love and respect one another. I'm about to have two children w/ this man. We have a solid foundation for raising a family. We'll never be wealthy but we'll be fine as long as we're careful w/ our spending. I'll be able to be a stay at home Mom to raise our children and I'm beyond grateful that we even have this opportunity in today's day and age (living in California). I don't know if it's age that's mellowed me out or what...but I'm at peace w/ being me. Today I just give thanks for all of the blessings in my life.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 7/06/2007 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that all is looking 'good in the hood' for you!!

 
At 7/06/2007 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound so content and serene! How wonderful!

I'm one day behind you in my pregnancy, but had the growth scan today. It's amazing to be able to have a look at exactly what the kids are up to.

As for names, we've got it a bit easier, as a boy and girl will be harder to mix up than two boys.

 
At 7/07/2007 5:36 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful post. So glad you are feeling so happy and content. I think part is age mellowing you out (I've had that happen) and the other part is just being in the right place in your life.

 
At 7/07/2007 10:45 AM, Blogger Jaimie said...

I am so happy for you!

 
At 7/07/2007 12:05 PM, Blogger Rachel Inbar said...

Congrats on 24 weeks!

The baby on the left is almost always born first in vaginal births and in c-sections, it's the opposite (the one on the right is born first).

As long as they keep straight which one is born first you shouldn't have a problem keeping their names... Personally, I had to make sure the name fit my babies once they were born - which is why it took a week to decide on one of the names... I kept looking at her until I figured out who she was.

 
At 7/07/2007 3:04 PM, Blogger AshPash said...

Faith: Congrats on healthy twin boys! Glad your pregnancy is progressing nicely despite that blood clot scare. I am currently on bed rest after an embryo transfer yesterday. Best wishes!

 
At 7/08/2007 2:01 PM, Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I am glad that everything is going so well!

 
At 7/08/2007 9:08 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Oh, Faith I can't wait to hear how the u/s goes! It will be nice to see the progress!


You sound like you are doing fantastic - even with the bodily discomforts of pregnancy!

Thinking of you!

 
At 7/09/2007 8:56 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I know we all have our moments of complaints...we have a lot to get adjusted to, especially with two in there...but you are so right about being so blessed. I can't tell you how many times I will just look at my husband and think that, even though it took so long and so much to get here, it has made us who we are and made us so ready for our family. I agree with Heather, too, that it comes with age.
As for naming the twins, Daniel & I said we'd wait until we see them but whenever the one on my right side kicks, I always think "that's Landry!" in my head!!!
Oh, and as far as Big Brother...it's on 3 times a week (which is why I love it so much!)...Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. On Sundays they nominate two players for eviction, on Tuesday they compete for the power of veto (if a nominated player gets it, they can take themselves "off the block" and put up another player) and then Thursday night is the eviction. I didn't watch the first season but I've been hooked since the 2nd. You have to give it a good 2-3 shows to really get into it and figure everything out but it's really pretty interesting to watch these people. Let me know what you think!

 
At 7/10/2007 4:19 PM, Blogger DebbieDo said...

I'm so happy you are feeling good and positive.

 
At 7/11/2007 12:05 PM, Blogger Nickie said...

so glad you're feeling so happy and settled. feels good doesn't it??

 
At 7/16/2007 4:10 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

How are you guys doing? Hope everyone is well!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller