Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Will the worry ever stop?

I've been meaning to post but haven't had been able to compile my thoughts. I had a growth ultrasound last week at 25 weeks and it didn't go exactly as I'd hoped. J went with me this time and I was so glad he ended up being there. Basically everything was great w/ the babies except for the fact that they have fluid in their kidneys. Baby A has fluid in one kidney and baby B had fluid in both kidneys. Dr. H said it's really common especially in boys and usually goes away on its own. He said it's the most common birth defect that they see which freaked me out b/c the term birth defect doesn't sounds all that great. When I asked about worst case scenarios he said the babies could need surgery when they're born and that this can be a soft marker for downs syndrome..... He said he doesn't think I needed to lose any sleep over it (yeah right) but that we should keep an eye on it. (When I heard your phone message Watson...I was amazed at how similar our experiences have been...same RE, pregnant w/ twins, and now we're both going through similar worries...I will be calling you back soon!)

I was pretty upset for a few days after finding out....imaging all kinds of horrible things...kidney failure...yadda yadda. But- then my Mom talked to my cousin who works in a hospital and she said they see this all of the time and it almost always goes away and if they need surgery it's not a big deal. I have also started to interview pediatricians and the one I met w/ yesterday confirmed that the majority of the cases clear themselves up on their own by the time the baby is 2 weeks old or earlier. I can't help but worry though. You just want everything to be fine and perfect for your little ones. On a positive note...they both weighed almost 2 pounds each (only 2 ounces difference between them) and everything was measuring just like it should. Baby A is still breech while Baby B is vertex. I'm also praying that the soft marker for down's syndrome doesn't mean much since I did the NT scan and Quad screen and both showed we had very low risk.

My parents were here for a visit and they painted the babies nursery and my guest room. I picked a really soft, light colored cream color that has a hint of yellow for the babies room... My bedding is very bold... see link: http://www.babyuniverse.com/kit/baby/2433/AlphabetSoup.html
....so I needed a simple backdrop for it. I bought the crib bedding, the hamper, diaper stacker, the lamp and picture frame and then I picked out floor length solid red curtains. I'll post actual pictures when the room is finished.

I plan to catch up on everyones blog today and hope each of you are doing well. Please send prayers and positive thoughts towards my boys that they are born strong and healthy.

Labels:

18 Comments:

At 7/18/2007 10:27 AM, Blogger Kir said...

sending lots and lots of good thoughts out for the boys Faith. I will pray that things work themselves out and the boys are fine.
*hug*

 
At 7/18/2007 11:45 AM, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

LOVING the room decor - it is going to look awesome!

I'm thinking about you guys. Lots of prayers.

 
At 7/18/2007 12:20 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I hope it does turn out to be nothing big or something that goes away.

I really like the bedding you have chosen. Please post pics when you finish the room!

 
At 7/18/2007 2:48 PM, Blogger DebbieDo said...

Happy thoughts and prayers coming atcha.

((HUGS))

 
At 7/18/2007 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts to you and the twins!

 
At 7/18/2007 5:05 PM, Blogger Heather said...

It sounds like it'll be fine, but you are lucky they are checking up on things. Are they going to do another ultrasound in a few weeks to see how things are going?

 
At 7/18/2007 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad it looks like there is hope at the end of the tunnel after talking to your cousin and the doctor you interviewed. Both you and Watson so do not need this kind of crap right now. :( Big hugs to you.

 
At 7/18/2007 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and I love the bedding you picked out! That is adorable!! :)

 
At 7/19/2007 1:22 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Hopefully it will be nothing. It sounds like the odds are very firmly in your favour.

Bea

 
At 7/19/2007 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary, I know, but it sounds like your doctors are on the ball. Sending lots of good luck vibes to you.

Love the bedding! Hooray for decorating projects!!

 
At 7/19/2007 8:43 AM, Blogger Caba said...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! And I love the bedding! These boys are really blessed to have such a loving caring mom! You are going to have one amazing family! Hang in there!

 
At 7/19/2007 9:00 AM, Blogger Watson said...

Oh good Lord, who said pregnancy was easy was full of it!

I am so sorry for the scare, I know how stressful that can be, it just throws your entire world into turmoil!

The comments and good wishes on my blog helped me so much and I hope these do the same for you.

I'll try to call you later!

XOXO

 
At 7/19/2007 11:26 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

is it just me or is it starting to seem like EVERYTHING is a soft marker for downs? no, i don't think the worry will ever stop. it always seems like as soon as i get to X point, i will be able to relax, but even once we have these babies (please may they be perfectly fine and healthy) then we get to worry for the rest of our lives about them being hurt or sick or lost or stollen or just plain unhappy or....

 
At 7/19/2007 11:33 AM, Blogger Nickie said...

sorry about the kidney scare at the u/s. you might remember that Tristan's bladder and left kidney measured big the entire pregnancy. No Downs at all here. My NT scan and quad screens also came back great. I know it's tough to not worry, but this is sooo common, especially for boys. I'll keep you in my thoughts that the boys will be just fine.

 
At 7/19/2007 8:13 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

Sure, tell you not to lose any sleep! How can you say that to a parent, especially all you have gone through to get here, and not expect them to worry? I'm praying that everything will be perfect!

When I drug my sorry but home from work today I found that the painting was FINALLY finished in Jake's room. Mike claims that tomorrow he is going to clean the carpet and then we can start getting things set up. It is still hard for me to imagine...

 
At 7/20/2007 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just saw your post about the cysts on BCP from last year: I am in a very similar situation right now and I desperately want to know how yours got resolved. I found this blog thru google and I am not a regular user -- could you possibly email me at
jaworska@stanford.edu
to let me know what happened or point me to your blog entry where you describe. I would be incredibly grateful!
Agnes

 
At 7/21/2007 3:32 PM, Blogger Pixxiee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...and I am sending good thoughts to your boys. I am so glad J was with you...try not to worry (easier said than done, I know)

Hugs!

 
At 7/22/2007 9:40 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I don't think there is any way to not worry...for the rest of our lives now!! But, take it from my story, doctors sure don't know it all. My specialist would have lost big if she would have bet on her instincts that my girls were identical and had TTTS. I know it is hard to have this worry in the back of your mind but you are doing all you can. I will keep you guys in my prayers.
The bedding is so cute!! Just stay focused on getting ready for your little guys' arrival and they'll be home before you know it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller