10 Months...
10 Months. They don't stay babies for very long do they? Matthew took his very first steps over a week ago. He is so advanced. They were born a month early so he was actually only 8 months 3 weeks "adjusted age" when taking his first steps. When I saw it my first reaction was "O crap...I'm not ready" Life is becoming more challenging as they become more and more mobile. My primary goal for each day is to prevent any potential harm and injuries.
Matthew can now stand unsupported. He doesn't have to hold onto anything. He walks along the furniture and has now taken his very first steps. Matthew is definitely my "spirited" baby. I know I am biased but he really is amazing at how quickly he picks up on things. He is intense and you can see the determination on his face when he wants something which is basically every second of the day. Matthews favorite activity is sitting on his Daddies shoulders in front of the mirror while Daddy sways back and forth. Matthew also melts Mommies heart when he stops in the middle of playing, crawls over and puts his arms around Mommy to give her a hug. I don't help him at all...he literally crawls over, pulls himself up on my lap to wrap his arms around me for a few seconds and then moves on. Isn't that sweet. His least favorite moments are when he sees either Mommy or Daddy leave the room. He hates that and will cry.
Matthew is finally sleeping better but still wakes up before 5AM which means it's almost impossible to keep both boys on the same schedule. Some nights are still rough and we're working w/ a pediatric gastrologist to help him w/ the reflux issues.
Andrew is an advanced crawler...cruising quickly around the room. He can go from crawling to sitting and back no problem. I think walking will be a ways off though since he's not pulling up to a standing position yet. Andrew is more laid back and easier to please. He is a wonderful sleeper and almost always sleeps from 7:30PM until 7AM. The toddlers in my exercise class adore Andrew. They always hang out near him and tickle him and make faces at him. Andrew laughs and laughs so they all think its funny. I feel bad for Matthew at times b/c they ignore him for the most part since he's much more serious and less likely to give a reaction. Matthew reserves his smiles and laughs mostly for Mommy and Daddy.
I love both of my kids with all of my heart and would not change them in any way. They are both truly amazing and J and I are blessed beyond words. I have learned though that not all parents have it the same. Meaning the temperament and personality of your child makes a big difference in how easy or difficult your days are. Not all parents with say two children have it equal. I think 3 Andrews would equal one Matthew in the amount of energy I expel each day. I can see how if both had Andrews personality I could easily handle another child or two...but w/ Matthew I would be spread way to thin. I wonder if they will continue to be this way? Those of you with older children...did their personalities as babies follow them through childhood?
And as far as me... trying to run regularly, do my exercise class most days of the week, go to weekly baby play-dates, keep up w/ friends and family and try to enjoy a few minutes of alone time w/ J whenever possible which is near impossible. Next weekend I'm trying a yoga class w/ some friends and we'll be going to a BBQ w/ the families of my exercise class. Should be fun. I feel like I've adjusted well to this new town. I've lived her only 4 months and have already settled in nicely.
And now to some pictures I took yesterday. Enjoy :-)

Matthew on left, Andrew on right


Andrew is such a flirt. He loves to smile at everyone.

Matthew is into everything!
Labels: 6-12 months



16 Comments:
They are adorable, Faith!
They are so sweet! I love the hugs. Unfortunately mine usually come with headbutts too though. It doesn't seem to bother him to smash his head into something but Jake keeps bringing me to tears!
Definitely coming along!
Bea
That is so cute that he crawls over to hug you. Oooh I can't wait for that. Lily is 7 months and on the verge of crawling. I know things are about to change when she starts moving.
Gosh Faith, they are developing fast. Mine are quite slow. L:ove the pictures - they are adorable.
We have the big Elmo, too!! :)
They are doing so great and, yes, everything changes once again once they are on those two feet!
That is so sweet that Matthew gives hugs to Mommy. I am trying to teach the girls that...we've got kissing down but hugs are hard to come by (except for their stuffed animals)!
Your boys are sweeties! You are indeed a fortunate mom.
they get cuter all the time!!!
thanks for the b-day wishes!
we are still working on the crawling thing around here. Not that I am complaining.....
Have to run and take care of small girl child with tummy ache who has managed to throw up (not spit up...full on HONK for her) on everything in the nursery (her crib, Daniel's crib, Mommy's bed, the swing, the pack and play)
I need a drink....
Happy 10 Months!!
Love love love the pictures, and Holy Cow on Matthew taking his first steps already!!
Isn't this new phase of mobility so fun (and so hard at the same time).
Wow are they big!!! you are right they don't stay babies for long:)
Wow, walking already. They really do grow so quickly and change in the blink of an eye. Happy 10 months big boys!
They are adorable. I am sure they will keep you busy for a few years to come! :)
OMG- How different are they!! At least I know you dont get asked if they are identical!
they are groing beautifuly!
Thanks!
The website I ordered the invites from was www.lilduckduck.com. They did a great job. Also, have you checked www.purplestork.com? They did the girls' announcement and also have bday invites. What I liked about them was that they included four wallet-size and two 8x10's of the final product, which has been a great keepsake as I framed it for their nursery. Not sure if they still do that but maybe something to check out!
Awww they are gorgeous. It's just so lovely to pop by from time to time and see your happy boys. And the happy you. Love it :-)
They are so cute! I'm so glad that you have adjusted to your new town and sounds like you keep plenty busy!
Post a Comment
<< Home