Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

11 DPO

Last time I posted, the rollercoaster of emotions I'm on was headed down a steep hill...now I think I've reached the bottom and am headed back up. We'll have to wait and see if there is another big dip ahead. I'm truly ready to get off. I'm not enjoying the ride.

I have 3 days to go. I'm some where in the middle ground at the moment. I don't feel like the results are going to be positive but I'm also not absolutely sure they will be negative. I'm trying not to read into all of my symptoms. That is so freakin' hard.

I'll be testing on Saturday morning and my B-day and J's b-day are both on Friday. I told J I wanted to do something together for our B-day instead of spending money on gifts. First of all every extra penny is going towards infertility treatments and I'd rather have quality fun time together anyway. We'll want to celebrate on Saturday b/c J works long days and will be tired Friday night. The problem is how my mood will be on Saturday after my test. If it's a BFP I'll be beyond ecstatic and the happiest b-day girl in the world, but if it's a BPN I'll be in the dumps. Probably curled in a ball and crying my heart out. I'm thinking a day out might cheer me up in the case of a BFN and J deserves to celebrate his B-day too, but I don't want to force a good time... that takes way to much energy when you are grieving another busted cycle. At this point I'm thinking either way that a quiet day hiking in the nearby national park or going to the local Zoo might be nice options. We could take a picnic and just relax.

Do you find that your husbands are a lot more optimistic than you? Why is that? My J literally promises me that we will have a baby... our own baby. I hold on to that each time he tells me. I think to myself here is this intelligent man that I trust more than anyone else. He would never lie to me so what he says must be true. (yet I know- there is no way he can know this for sure). When I look into the future I see children and feel like it will happen too but I fear otherwise. I even tried to convince myself the other day that I might not need kids. It wouldn't be so bad. We would have more money to spend on ourselves, we could travel the world, retire earlier, etc..etc... (yeah- right.... I convinced myself for maybe 5 whole seconds).

I'm off to work in the yard. I have to stay busy...busy...busy. Anything to keep all thought of IF and this looming cycle out of my head. So far this month I have worked on the yard a lot, build a dog shelter w/ J, painted the trim and patio on the outside of our house, and we are about to re-finish our bathroom and kitchen cabinets.

14 Comments:

At 5/31/2006 1:01 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Just remember that there are no reliable early signs of PG. The end of the 2WW is always the hardest part. Hang in there.

 
At 5/31/2006 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found that my husband was more optimistic than me at first, and then when he started to get discouraged, it really surprised me. I had to pick up the slack then and project the positive attitude for a while. I guess that's the give and take of marriage.

I hope that you get a BFP on Saturday!!!!

 
At 5/31/2006 2:53 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

My husband is much more optimistic than me. After a year of TTC, I was ready to try adoption because I was so sure I'd never get pg.

I hope ya'll have a wonderful birthday.

 
At 5/31/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

Hang in there- the 2ww sucks - I am REALLY pushing for a BFP for you...

And my husband is SO much more of an optimist than I am. Everytime I cry my eyes out because we am not pregnant, all he says is "It's going to happen. I really believe that."

 
At 5/31/2006 8:08 PM, Blogger soralis said...

Hang in there... the 2ww is no fun at all.

Yes why is it that the hubby's are the positive ones?

Take care and wishing you the best for your birthday

 
At 5/31/2006 8:21 PM, Blogger Kate said...

My husband is really optimistic too. It helps me get through these hard times. Trust me it is much worse when their hope starts to fade. I'll be thinking of you.

 
At 5/31/2006 11:58 PM, Blogger ellie said...

Yeah, Hubby is way more optimistic- I attribute it to his gentle nature and the fact that he is not having it all happen to his body and so he isn't living with the extreme ups and downs we get to have. It's a good thing one of us is stable during all this stuff.

I hope it BFP happens for you.

 
At 6/01/2006 7:50 AM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

You know when you have a hard time getting up the hill, we will pull you!

My husband is definately more optimistic about it all.

Thinking of you!!

 
At 6/01/2006 8:02 AM, Blogger x said...

Your smart to keep yourself busy, that's about the only thing you can do. The last few days is so hard.

My hubbie is much more optomistic then I am. It's not there bodies so they are not driven nuts but every cramp like we are.

 
At 6/01/2006 8:02 AM, Blogger x said...

By the way - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you! Have a great day.

 
At 6/01/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Good luck with the beta on Saturday! Husbands are definately more optimistic, but you know what, I think that for us it makes a good balance because otherwise we would wallow in despair! Take care and keep us posted.

 
At 6/01/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

stay strong, girl. you are at the hardest part. as many of us have discussed around this time... what is already is. you already either are or aren't pregnant. so, maybe this helps, in that there's nothing you can do and the fact already exists. and i hope it is a BFP!

personally, i am glad my Hubs is relatively ignorant of the whole process and not stressed by it. god knows i am stressed out enough for 2. (trying to do better on that count) I find it relieving and comforting that he's chill. hugs to you and hang in there. i'm right behind you.

 
At 6/01/2006 7:32 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

My husband is way more optimistic than me....I really hope you get your bfp on saturday!

 
At 6/02/2006 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no idea why DH's are so dang perky about the whole ivf thing, but secretly in the dim dark recesses of my heart I love it.
Have a truely wonderful b'day and try to enjoy every second, I vote for the zoo option too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller