Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Cycle History...


We had our IUI at 10am this morning and everything went really well. I was basically holding my breath all morning b/c I was worried that J's count would be low...but it wasn't. It was 45 million before the wash and 27 million after the wash w/ 90% motility. Yeah!!! It was much lower for our previous IUI's. To give you a little background on our IF treatment, these are our cycles to date w/ our RE.

Cycle 1: 100mg Clomid, Ovidrel and natural intercourse - resulted in 1 follicle and a BFN

Cycle 2:
150mg Clomid and natural intercourse (no ovidrel b/c I ovulated early on my own)- resulted in 3 follicles and a BFN

***decided to switch after only two cycles of Clomid to Gonal-f injections w/ IUI... Clomid and I did not get along! I seriously cried 24 hours a day. It made me severely depressed.... And Gonal-f w/ injections is supposed to increase your odds of the highly desired BFP. So....

Cycle 3: Gonal-f, Ovidrel and IUI- resulted in 3 follicles, 4 million washed sperm and a BFN…plus I was over stimulated and on bed rest for 3 days.

Cycle 4:
Gonal-f,
Ovidrel, prometrium and IUI- resulted in 4 follicles, 11 million washed sperm and a BFN...and I ended up getting two cysts so I had to go on bcp's for 2 weeks.

Cycle 5 (current cycle):
Gonal-f, Ovidrel, prometrium and IUI- resulted in 5 follicles, 27 million washed sperm and now I'm in my 2ww...

But do you see the positive trend. That should count for something... I've gone up one follicle each month and J's sperm count has gone up each month..... tell me that increases our odds...

Does anyone else feel extremely "full" after their trigger shot. My belly feels stretched out and it's bloated... I changed into my loose boxers the minute we got home. I also have these pains on my left side (ovary?) every month but nothing on my right side. The nurse said that might be from the mild Endo I have. I thought it might be indicating Ovulation but I guess the pains should be on both sides if that is the case.

My RE said you have about 15-18% chance of getting pregnant each month w/ gonal-f and IUI. I find these numbers way lower than I'd like. That means out of 12 women w/ the same treatment only 2 of us will get pregnant this month. That just sucks. I really, really, really hope I'm one of those 2 this month. Please Please Please!!!!!!!!



8 Comments:

At 5/20/2006 6:56 PM, Blogger Family Ties said...

OOOOH :) Waiting right along with you. The progression seems like it is going very well.

 
At 5/21/2006 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that really is an awesome sperm count, I've not done IUI's in forever well a decade but I'm with you 100% in the rates suck, hoping this is your turn to be the one who makes it to the double lines this month.

 
At 5/22/2006 5:39 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

The sperm numbers look great. I hope this is the month for you!

 
At 5/22/2006 7:20 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Hang in there - really glad that your husband's numbers were good!

I am hoping this is the end of your wait for you...

 
At 5/22/2006 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you and DH had great numbers this time! I am so glad and am praying that it works! :)

Nat

 
At 5/23/2006 6:20 AM, Blogger x said...

27 million with 90% motility? That is awesome! Great numbers to work with. I think it is good that everything gets better each time. I hope this 2 weeks can fly by for you. All the best.

 
At 5/23/2006 9:12 AM, Blogger soralis said...

Good luck!!!!

 
At 5/23/2006 2:14 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

I hope everything works out for you this cycle! Good luck on the 2ww and congrats on the sperm count. That's awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller