Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Starting to know what to expect w/ Gonal-f and IUI....

So here I sit in my 2WW. I'm 4DPO and will be able to test on June 3rd.... 10 days to go. I was feeling crappy yesterday and was thinking that I feel pretty much crappy everyday just in different ways. This is pretty much how these cycles boil down for me:

CD1-3= cramps from AF, tears and sorrow from the past cycle not working.

CD4-12= tender stomach which increases as the cycle progresses along w/ the bloating... also have a constant headache... usually pretty bad (side effect I have from Gonal-f)... but I’m afraid to take anything for the headache b/c heaven forbid it interfering w/ my ability to conceive.... I mean really should I actually worry that Excedrin could affect me negatively when heroin addicts get pregnant everyday. And so far cutting out all over the counter drugs, caffeine and alcohol hasn't knocked me up.

CD13-16= usually I trigger on CD13 or CD14 and that makes my ovaries feel like they are going to burst... my entire stomach is sore and very bloated... forget the skinny pants! I start to become very irritable around the time of the IUI and it lasts a few days. J loves this time of the month.

CD17-CD27= I'm now on progesterone support (600mg of prometrium). I'm hot, so hot...yeah for hot flashes... and I am usually someone that sleeps w/ a down comforter on me in 90 degree weather. And I have to tell you girls how much I love the feel of oozing, creamy gunk up my Hoo Ha. Does it even work when half of it drips out? The worst part of this time in my cycle is of course the long 2WW..... I feel every emotion in the book and fear them all (especially hope).

CD 28= typically the day I TEST... and typically when I get a BFN and cry my heart out. This has fallen on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas day and Easter to date.... Can you beat that?

Question? If I happen to be one of those rare women that is in fact pregnant after receiving a BFN..... would stopping the progesterone hurt the baby and cause a miscarriage... I'm supposed to stop the progesterone as soon as I get my BFN and I always hope that maybe it's too early (at 14dpo) and AF won't come... So far I cheat and take the progesterone one extra day and POAS the next day just to make sure. Miracles do happen, right? I'm still waiting for mine.



10 Comments:

At 5/24/2006 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For IUIs, the progesterone is just an extra "could help" thing really, so stopping it shouldn't hurt any pregnancy (baring luteal phase defects). For IVF, you *need* the progesterone until something like 12 weeks b/c when the eggs are removed, there is no corpus lutem left to make progesterone. In otherwords, I don't think you are doing any harm to stop the progesterone for IUIs. For IVFs, yes, it is a problem. Yellowgirl

 
At 5/24/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger soralis said...

Take care and wishing you all the best!

 
At 5/24/2006 10:54 AM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Ugh - the emotional roller coaster just sucks. I could totally relate to your ups and downs as you described your cycle!

 
At 5/24/2006 11:57 AM, Blogger x said...

I'm speaking from IVF experience but my clinic told me that stopping the progesteron could induce a miscarriage if I was pg. I was told not to stop until after beta. Even if I had my period and a negative pee stick.
As the first comment points out, IUI is different. I don't think you are doing any harm taking them one extra day.
All the best!

 
At 5/24/2006 2:49 PM, Blogger ellie said...

KAC. We are all here for you! I can totally understand the concern. I did the progestrone with my last IUI, I kind of miss it- I was sleeping so well when I took it at night. I think you are ok with the extra day- I was taking mine right up to my AF appeared- and it was early- and I wondered if maybe I was imagining it! Yeah, nothing like trying to deny reality huh? The progestrone should not cause a miscarriage with IUI- so you are safe.

 
At 5/24/2006 7:48 PM, Blogger squarepeg said...

Hi there, I just found your blog today and am catching up. First off, your photos of Yosemite are amazing! DH and I met while in grad school in SF, and got engaged in Yosemite. I miss it so much!

Second, I hope hope hope this is your month! I'm sorry the drugs are wreaking such havoc on your body.

Keep up just hanging on! It sounds like you're at least figuring out the best drug combo.

E

 
At 5/24/2006 7:48 PM, Blogger squarepeg said...

Ooh, one more thing - I linked to your blog on my blog - just let me know if you want me to delete you :) TIA!

 
At 5/25/2006 1:28 AM, Blogger Family Ties said...

Miracles do happen. I am living proof. I have NO CLUE about the progesterone though :)

 
At 5/25/2006 1:54 AM, Blogger Pixxiee said...

Oh I definately wish you a miracle. What a rollercoaster of feeling crappy all the time. I so hope your dreams come true, I really do.

Hugs
Paula

 
At 5/25/2006 5:07 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

I am hoping for a miracle for you as well. Hang in there. The IF rollercoaster really sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller