An Apple a Day will NOT... keep a cyst away...
Finally talked to my RE!!!!! I asked about the reasoning and inconsistency of my treatment towards my cysts. I explained to him how I was concerned that in a 6 week time frame I'll have had 3 periods induced, have been on and off bcp's several times in short intervals and that his nurses seem to differ in their opinions on how to treat me. He basically said that they were trying anything they could to get my body free of cysts since I can't start another injectible cycle until I'm clear of them. He said he wanted me on bcp's...which is good since I am on them currently and that if the cyst wasn't gone or significantly smaller when I go in to my next u/s on August 11th (next Friday) then he recommended surgery. That kind of freaked me out. He said he's do a laparostic surgery and cut it out of there.... some risk but he wouldn't expect there to be any complications. He also said that if he saw any mild Endo then he'd laser it off. Back in Nov I had a lap and my OB/GYN diagnosed minimal Endo but didn't laser it which pissed me off. He was already in there so he should have! My Ob/GYN just expected me to immediately go on a 6-month dose of Lupron. I was extremely reluctant to do so and that was when J and I sought out a 2nd opinion w/ Dr. Hands-Off who is now my current RE. So I am hoping that the cyst is gone... gone... gone... so I don't need surgery. I wonder how long I'll be on hold "cycle wise" if I need surgery.....
I asked Dr Hands-off if I have polycystic ovaries since I seem to get cysts rather easily and he said NO. He said I ovulate on my own and have regular 28 day cycles so I definitely don't. Basically my body creates these cysts because of the FSH medication I'm pumping into my body. So..... After 4 injectible/IUI cycles I've had a total of 6-7 cysts from 2 different cycles that I wouldn't have if I wasn't going through treatments and no pregnancy which is why I'm going through all of this. Not exactly what I asked for. I wonder what exactly causes the cysts... I didn't have any cysts on the Clomid cycles I did and I was free and clear on 2 of the 4 injectible cycles.... so basically I've really only had them after two cycles so far. But when I get them I get several and they do not want to go away. I'm tired of waiting...... I've been in wait mode for over 5 weeks now.



9 Comments:
Nothing is more frustrating then waiting (with no end in site). I hope the doctor is right and that contining on the BCP's is the right thing to do.
BTW, I am sorry about your BIL and I hope that he is o.k.
Ugh. The waiting just really freaking sucks.
I too hope (really really hard) that your RE is right and it goes away on its own.
*hug*
I am so sorry about the waiting. I am glad you got to talk to you doc.
Good luck
I get cysts every time too which is why I'm doing a natural cycle in between. I also don't have PCO - it kind of freaks you out when they say "cyst" yes?
Hope they clear up soon.
About the cysts don't have a lot to offer, but there are plenty of PCOS women who can probably give you the scoop as to how they deal with cysts... but aspirating the cyst and going immediately into a cycle is one option I'm aware of. About out of town clinics, yes, most of the big guys have a packet you can call and request (or even email) which will give you a lot of info before you even consult.... and check out the ivfconnections board for the IVF by location where you can learn a LOT about clinics in your state from the other gals there.... Yellowgirl
Wow - we are separated at birth. LOL.
I'm so glad you finally heard directly from your RE! I don't want you to have to go in for surgery, though. Did he say at all how long it would be before you could do your next cycle if you have surgery?
The waiting DOES suck. There isn't anything like having a full bag of medicine and needles waiting for me that I can't use because of the damn cysts!
Praying for you that all goes well on 8/11, which is Big's 10th birthday, so maybe that will bring you luck.
I go in on Monday morning for my latest scan, but I have had aches down there and am convinced the cysts remain.
Sorry about all the waiting... that sucks.
p.s. I sent you an email so you can ask your questions about my RE now...
I hope the cyst is gone soon! I know exactly how you feel- I waited like 3 months for my last ones to go away.
ahhh cysts my best friends always seem to have them, just on the pco, I have PCO but not PCOS and still have regular cycles etc, ask him again but ask if they are pco not pcos. hope all goes well on the 11th it bites being cancelled/delayed all the time huh.
Post a Comment
<< Home