Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Regrouping...

I'm here. I've been reading all of your blogs but haven't been able to gather my thoughts and post on my own. So much has been floating around in my head. It started as a full blown tornado that caused me constant panic and frustration. Now I'm slowly picking up the pieces and trying to make a plan. J has seriously been my glue. He scrapped me off of the floor after this past BFN and is still holding me together. One minute I feel fine and the next I'm a crumbling mass of tears & hysteria. Infertility isn't all that is on my mind. I wish it were. J and I have so much going on at once. Nothing has fallen into place yet so we are trying to juggle many issues at once. J's company will most likely transfer him in September. We are 90% sure of the location (about an hour away)... but that leftover questionable 10% makes us nervous. We are thinking about moving and also about just commuting. He already commutes so we might just continue to do that for various reasons (financial mostly).

J and I have spent a lot of time researching Infertility clinics, success rates (how much stock do you put into those?), prices, etc. We have also spent a lot of time looking into how we will fund out IVF cycle(s). So much to figure out! I've put more of the Infertility planning on J's shoulders b/c I really felt like I couldn't handle doing all of it anymore. So he called my current RE (Dr. S) and asked him about our current treatment. I've done 4 IUI's w/ injectibles. Dr. S said that he still feels we have excellent odds at conceiving through IUI and injectibles. He thinks I respond really well, etc...etc... (I can't help thinking that if I respond well and the numbers are good then why hasn't it worked) He even gave an example of a women that got pregnant after her 13th IUI . Can you imagine doing 13 IUI's on injectibles? I'd be locked away in a loony bin for sure. After J talked to Dr. S and reported what he said back to me, I felt confused and weary. I've corresponded w/ several clinics that all said they recommend 4 IUI's on injectibles. They said after four you should move on to IVF. These are reputable clinics so I'm left feeling questionable about my own treatment plan.

Basically after many late night talks and endless conversations J and I are going to do 1 or 2 more IUI's w/ Injectibles. After that we are moving on to IVF. We have tentative plans to start our first IVF in September. I guess most clinics don't do IVF during the holiday’s b/c your odds of success go down due to the stress of the holiday season. So we'll either do our first IVF in September/October or if that doesn't work out then we'll start in January/February. At this time I have my protocol appt booked for late August so we have the green light and plan at this time to take the plunge then. *gulp*

I feel a little better now that we have a plan laid out as far as our infertility treatment goes. My current status is that I'm on bcp's b/c I have 4 (yes- 4!) cysts from this past cycle. I go back for an u/s next Thursday and if they are gone I'll start right back on the gonal-f injections after AF arrives. I wasn't sure if I was going to add this question but I decided I will since I'm desperate and then I'm going to delete it in a few days. I have 4 extra unopened boxes of gonal-f (900iu pens) that have been properly stored in the refridgerator. The only infertility coverage we have is prescription (full coverage) so we would really like to sell my extra medication so that the money can help fund our IVF cycle. We ended up ordering way too much these last two cycles. Does anyone have an idea of how I can do this or know of anyone that would like to buy them? I'd be willing to sell them for $300 each or $1000 for all 4. None of them expire until 10/07 or later. Shipping will be paid by the buyer. Let me know b/c this could really help me out and maybe it could help someone else out that doesn't have prescription coverage. E-mail me at kacastello@gmail.com if you are interested.

Otherwise... thanks for the support and the understanding. This has been the hardest journey I've ever gone through. I just have to focus on the fact that one of these times it will work and J and I will be parents.

11 Comments:

At 7/14/2006 4:59 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

I am glad you posted. Have been thinking and worrying about you. I am so very sorry about your BFN last cycle and am glad to hear that however slowly you are formulating your plan. And your J sounds like a wonderful and fantastic man.

Hugs and love to you, Faith. I hope you find the peace you need soon.

 
At 7/14/2006 7:16 AM, Blogger x said...

I am glad to hear from you. It is smart of you to put things in J's hands when it gets to be too much. You don't need to shoulder all of the burden. If I know of anyone in needs of meds I'll let you know. If I knew if I would be doing another fresh cycle, I would buy them for myself.

 
At 7/14/2006 7:52 AM, Blogger Kate said...

I'm so happy to hear from you! I figured you were trying to decide where to go from here. I am in the same boat as you are in terms of feeling frustrated and unsure of whether or not to continue on the injectibles. I'm starting to think no one gets pregant on injectibles..ugh. Then there is always IVF but with my track record I don't feel too certain about that either. And it's expensive. It sounds like you and J. have a plan. He sounds like a wonderful person and husband. I'm so glad you have someone like him during this hard time.

 
At 7/14/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

I am so glad you're back!

It's great that you have a plan - hopefully you will know about J's job soon and you can move on without having that hanging over your head along with everything else!!

 
At 7/14/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger ellie said...

I have been wondering about you- it is a good thing to have a plan :) and nice that J is good about taking all that on and giving you a break from it all.
I hope that you are taking care to just let your mind float and process all you have been through- it is a hard thing! I am glad that you are back!

 
At 7/14/2006 10:33 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm glad you have a plan. If I knew when my next IVF would be I'd buy them from you, but I have no idea. Maybe try garagesale dot com?
I totally agree you need to start thinking about IVF, however. Good call. Do your research on clinics. Success rates vary widely.

 
At 7/14/2006 2:12 PM, Blogger seattlegal said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you. My husband and I are starting to research the different clinics in regard to IVF should we need to go there. It's definitely not a fun task. Take care.

 
At 7/15/2006 7:03 AM, Blogger Debbi said...

it's always good to have a plan and yours is a solid one. I'm looking forward to following your upcoming cycles.

 
At 7/17/2006 7:57 AM, Blogger soralis said...

I am so sorry you have so much on your plate right now, I hope your hubby transfer works out the way you hope.

IF sucks... what more can I say?

Take care

 
At 7/17/2006 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted. I was wondering how you were doing.

Everything will work out - it sucks that when it rains it pours. I am glad that J is there for you - that is so important.

I will be thinking of you and hoping that all goes well with the potential job transfer. Then you can start planning and feeling like you've got somewhere to "go."

Thinking of you!

 
At 7/19/2006 10:21 PM, Blogger Pixxiee said...

Sometimes leaning on our spouses is the best thing to do. I am glad you have a plan going forward, and was worrying about you. For some reason I couldn't view your blog, but then it magically reappeared!

I hope you find a buyer for your Gonal...would be kinda pricy to send it to NZ!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller