No longer winning the battle of the 2ww
Okay- I've handled the 1st week of the 2ww pretty well. My parents can to visit for a few days and that was a nice distraction. I hardly ever see them so we caught up and went shopping, cooked up meals, talked, etc. I felt pretty crappy for a good week after the trigger shot. I always do. I get nauseous, cramping, bloating, sore stomach and ovaries, very tender boobs, headaches, exhaustion, etc... (just a few symptoms lol) and then I usually start to feel a little better. Overall I feel better but still not great. I'm exhausted. No energy at all. I'm hot- really warm all of the time and my boobs are still big....not as sore but very swollen. Now mind you- I know better than to think these are pregnancy symptoms. I'm on that lovely stuff called progesterone and that seems to cause all of these lovely side-effects.... (or...could it maybe be pregnancy symptoms?)...who knows... I will in 3 days.
For me the last week or more specifically the last 4-5 days of the 2WW are the worst. It's either worked or it hasn't and that drives me crazy. Did implantation occur? Damn it- tell me. It's never occurred before so should I even let myself think it might have? I fear that the utter let-down upon seeing the single pink line is nearing. I hope not. There are so many reasons that I pray this worked.
For one...like all of you I want a baby in my arms more than anything. For another we really can't afford to do IVF and we are running out of options. You can only do so many IUI's before you should accept that it's not going to work. We will still do a few more but I know if this month doesn't work we'll have to wrap our minds around the fact that we will most likely have to do IVF in order to have a baby. Another issue is the fact that we want and need to move. J commutes to work. He drives about an hour and 15 minutes each way. He works 10 hour days so he's away 12 1/2 hours a day. That makes for a long week. We have no desire to move to where J is working currently but he will mostly likely be able to transfer to another town in a month or two that is also about an hour away. We are willing to move to this town. If we move J won't have to commute. His day will be much shorter and we will save a ton in gas-money. We spend over $700 a month just in gas bills a month right now. OUCH! And you can't imagine how many miles are being put onto our car. J has put over 70,000 miles on our car in less than two years. I also worry each and every day that he will be in an accident. But J and I know we can't move until I'm pregnant b/c we won't be able to get a new loan for a house AND take out a loan for IVF. This town we are thinking of moving to is more expensive than where we currently live. As most people know housing in
My biggest fear- that this will all be for nothing. I'll go through the shots, the appts, the horrible side effects, the emotions, the expense, etc, and we'll still be childless.



12 Comments:
I'm so sorry you are struggling through the last of the 2ww! It stinks. I'm praying for you, though, that your result is a positive one! The last few days are always absolute nail biters.
I completely understand your fear and the financial burden of doing an IVF. I'm so afraid that all of this will be for nothing. And I really can't afford IVF, so I'm not sure what we are going to do if IUI doesn't work.
I hope that the rest of your 2ww goes by quickly. I really hope that you get a positive result at the end of this 2ww. Take care.
Having to deal with the financial factor on top of IF is so awful.
In a holding pattern wrote an excellent post on why this is wrong. I know this won't make you feel any better, but it shows you're not alone.
Hang in there.
We share the same fear. I am hoping for you that this is your month. I totally understand about the financial stress of all of this. We have a set limit and I can't decide if I should use the balance for IVF or keep with the inj. and IUI's. But once that pot of money is used up we are all done. It sucks that so much of this has to come down to money. It sounds like your cycle was really great so I hope this is it for you. I'm taking this month off and trying naturally. Sometimes you just need a break. I'll be thinking of you!
The 2ww sucks! I hope this is the one for you!
Take care and good luck
The last three or four days of the 2ww are the worst, in my opinion. Hang in there, try and keep busy. What really helps me is limiting my time for obsessing - giving myself a full 15 minutes to think about nothing but every little "symptom" and daydream the outcome.
Helps me to keep that same obsessing and worrying at bay later on in the day.
Also, be gentle with yourself - you seem to be putting a lot of pressure on yourself to get pregnant so that J doesn't need to commute like he is now. You have enough desire, you definitely don't need any more pressure.
Nothing is for certain, but I think you have a very good chance this cycle. I will be hoping you.
*HUGS and love*
I think you have done a good job keeping busy this past week! It is so hard- and I relate to that. You also voiced the one fear that everyone has- what if all we have done doesn't work and we are childless.
Big fear- and all primaries like us have this--I don't have an answer for you on this one. For me, I just trust that I will, I don't know how but it will happen.
The 2ww....oooh! It's almost over!
Your biggest fear is one we all share. I feel like I can do anything - as long as I get a baby someday. It is almost beta day - not long now!
2ww sucks! Hang in there.
Thinking of you....
Just wanted to comment that it may not be an either/or proposition. If you move and buy a house now, in a year or two you will likely have equity enough (just due to rising house prices) to get a home equity loan to use for the IVF. Bonus is that the home equity loan is tax deductible. (As is medical expenses over 7.5% in a year, IIRC). Something to consider.
Yellowgirl
Post a Comment
<< Home