Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Am I fertilized?

Yesterday morning's IUI went well. 7 mature follies and 37 million sperm post wash with 93% motility. Our stats keep going up each month. This is the highest sperm count and follicle count we've had yet. I hope it does the trick. We were even able to go "bump in the night", which is no small feat when every part of my female anatomy is tender. I felt fine all the way up to the day of the IUI. Now I am extremely bloated and feel exhausted. I asked my RE why I'm at such risk for OHSS when women going through IVF have much higher follicle counts and even higher estrodiol levels. The RE explained that there is actually more risk for OHSS w/ someone like me going through IUI that has high estrodiol levels and many follies than someone going through IVF. I guess that's b/c they actually go in and retrieve the eggs w/ IVF and flush the follicles, where as they don't do that w/ IUI. Not sure that I completely understand but I'm concerned. I plan to take it easy and hope that will be easier for me since my parents are coming to visit tomorrow for a few days. I'm one of those active, can't sit still people. Now the dreaded 2WW begins....

15 Comments:

At 6/18/2006 1:31 PM, Blogger ellie said...

Wow, I just got back from vacation and so much has happened. I am glad that you have 7! good news on that. I am wishing you luck on your 2 ww.

-ellie

 
At 6/18/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Debbi said...

Good luck! Hope the 2ww flies by!

Debbi
Another fellow cyclesista ;)

 
At 6/18/2006 2:27 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

I hope the OHSS stays at bay.

Good luck with this cycle.

 
At 6/18/2006 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything's crossed!! Now you have to try to stay sane!!

 
At 6/18/2006 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope the dreaded 2WW goes quickly and we hear good news at the end.

 
At 6/18/2006 8:22 PM, Blogger seattlegal said...

Good luck!

 
At 6/18/2006 10:13 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Ugh - the 2ww. Great numbers, though. It's awesome that your numbers keep going up.

Stay away OHSS!

Good luck with everything - saying a prayer for you!

 
At 6/19/2006 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your 2ww goes by SUPER fast and that the OHSS stays far, far away!

 
At 6/19/2006 12:39 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Just wanted to say hi...I am entering the 2 ww later this week (triggering tomorrow)so I'll wait it out with you!
I hope this is it for us both!!!
By the way...I read your post about your dog and just wanted to say how sorry I was about the situation. I am a HUGE animal lover, especially dogs, and it just breaks my heart.
I wish you the best!

 
At 6/19/2006 5:24 PM, Blogger Family Ties said...

7? Wonderful! Rest up sweetie!

We'll be counting the days with you. You are a better woman than me...I was not able to bump in the night for DAYS lol

 
At 6/20/2006 8:16 AM, Blogger x said...

That sperm count sounds amazing!

It does makes sense that IUI is different than IVF in terms of the follicles, it is a totally different process for your ovaries, even though alot of the meds are the same.

All the best - I hope the 2 weeks fly's by.

 
At 6/20/2006 11:00 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Oh no, that sucks. Hang in there- what really helped me after my ER was drinking a LOT of fluids - including Gatorade.

GOOD LUCK - I have everything crossed for you!

 
At 6/20/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Good luck this cycle! It looks like you have a really good chance. I hope the 2ww goes faster for you than it is going for me. It is draggin' on. Still have 6 days to go. Why can't they invent something to tell us 1. if the egg was fertilized. 2. if it implants. 3. When the F this is all going to end and we can be mom's for crying out loud!
I'll be thinking of you.

 
At 6/21/2006 4:39 PM, Blogger katty said...

seven follicles and 37 million WOW. My last was two follicles and three million!
Very good luck.

 
At 6/22/2006 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you have probably heard this a gazillion times, but since I am a huge proponent of acupuncture, I just have to suggest that you look into it b/c it can be very beneficial and helps with all the emotional ups and downs of this incidious process.

Many good wishes to you and your many follies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller