Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Not what I ordered....

I didn't have high expectations at my u/s yesterday but I didn't expect the following to happen. 4 of the original cysts are now gone but the one that showed up and grew to 40mm while I was on birth control pills hasn't shrunk at all. In fact it's now 43mm. I'm not sure what I should think. I'm especially frustrated w/ my RE's office. When they found the original 4 cysts after my baseline u/s... I was told to go onto bcp's for 2 weeks and then come back to see if they were gone. When I went back and they found out I still had the 4 cysts plus another one I was told by Nurse A that I needed to immediately go off the bcp's b/c i was one of the few that actually grew cysts on bcp's. So I stopped the bcp's and was told to come back on CD3 after my period started. Nurse A said that if they were still there then I'd take a cycle off. So today I went back and had Nurse B...she said she didn't know why Nurse A took me off bcp's since she wouldn't have done that. She said I needed to get back on them immediately for 2 more weeks. I asked about taking the cycle off like Nurse A mentioned and Nurse B said it was a bad idea. She said I wouldn't ovulate since this is a functional cyst that produces estrogen so I couldn't even try on my own and she said the bcp's would make the cyst go away faster than waiting it out on my own.

I left completely confused. I just can't believe that I'll have had 3 periods in less than 7 weeks. That can't be healthy...can it? I went to my 2nd acupuncture appt today and my acupuncturist said that this had to be really hard on my body and emotions since they are screwing w/ my cycle's so much. UGH!!!!

and my dishwasher decided to poop out and stop working last night......

10 Comments:

At 7/27/2006 11:23 AM, Blogger squarepeg said...

CRIPES. You cannot catch a break! It is a platitude to say I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to say. Have you spoken to the doctor about this? Why is s/he not communicating with you about this? I'm all for nurses and I completely get the fact that they are highly educated and expertly trained...but isn't this exactly the type of situation that the doctor should get involved in?

sigh.

I'm sorry. what a sucky time.

 
At 7/27/2006 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaarrrrggghhhhhh.......
I'm so frustrated for you love, I'm with the other girls, get onto your RE and demand some attention or a plan...

 
At 7/27/2006 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

De-lurking here . . . but I have nothing new to say. I often get inconsistent answers from the nurses at my office, and when I push to speak to my RE, I often get yet another answer (you can guess who I go with). I don't understand the whole idea of being on BCPs for two weeks - if you are going to take the cycle off, it seems reasonable to think you'd need to take three weeks of active pills so that your body has a more natural cycle, but what do I know. I did have an over-response to my injects one cycle and produced 37 (yes, that is correct, 37) cysts. They were gone with three weeks of BCPs (as predicted by my RE - can you tell I think she's the bomb?). So, long story short, I'd try to hang tight until you can get your RE to communicate with you; you can start those pills anytime. But I do feel your pain, I'm on them right now, and its a struggle to force myself to swallow them each morning!! Its the IF girl's worst nightmare!

 
At 7/27/2006 2:34 PM, Blogger soralis said...

That is so frustrating... the nurses should get their schtuff together. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I would definately stop talking to nurses and talk to your doc.

And then the dishwasher, what a lousey day.

Take care

 
At 7/28/2006 8:15 AM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

That isn't good that the nurses are at odds on what to do! What did your doctor say? My cyst is functional, too. Is yours messing with your skin at all?

I'm so sorry the appointment went so crazy and that you still don't have any definite answers! Praying for you. Give your dishwasher a kick from me.

 
At 7/28/2006 11:40 AM, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

I said bad words at my computer screen just reading that so I know you must be furious!

I second what the other women have said and try to speak with the dr. since you are getting conflicting instructions.

 
At 7/28/2006 1:13 PM, Blogger x said...

I don't know alot about cysts but I do know what a piss off it is to get different answer from two different nurses. It would be nice if they could get there act together. I wish you had gotten better news, I am sorry.
Also - the dishwasher? That is just adding insult to injury.

 
At 7/28/2006 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

another bcp cyst grower here, I'd be making sure I got to speak with the RE nurses are great but you need to speak with him to get the final word on what to do, I'm so sorry your being mucked around our bodies can take a beating with all of this.

hope it works out well for you.

 
At 7/29/2006 4:58 PM, Blogger ellie said...

I vote for talking to the RE- his staff isn't clear with the plan. I hope it works out and your cyst goes away- I know it sucks.
I am off for a week of work out of town so I will check back later next week! Hugs.

 
At 7/31/2006 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARGH. I just read your post and all I can say is

HOW FRUSTRATING.

I am with the other ladies on this - demand to talk to your RE.

The dishwasher breaking is horrible. Timing sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller