Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Nonchalant for how long?

Had my 2nd u/s yesterday to see how the follies are developing. I ended up having 4 that will be most likely be mature enough on trigger day. 3 of them were size 13mm and one was 14mm. I had a few others not worth mentioning b/c they won't have enough time to grow. My lining was at an 8 and my estradiol was 550. I should be happy with 4 follies but part of me was disappointed since I had 7 mature follies last time we cycled and that didn't work so 4 seems paltry in comparison. The nurse was happy. She said I stimmed too much last time and the risks are too great. She said four is the ideal number in their clinic for IUI's.

I will be on 150iu of gonal-f through Friday. Take my trigger (Ovidrel) shot on Saturday night at 9:30pm and the IUI is scheduled for 10am on Monday.

I had my 4th acupuncture appt after my u/s yesterday. I have another appt for right before my IUI on Monday. I actually have coverage for 20 sessions a year. (How does it happen that I have full acupuncture benefits but crappy Infertility coverage...does that make sense?) I figured this will give me a chance to try acupuncture out and maybe get my "Qi" in balance before IVF. We won't be starting our 1st IVF until January so I might as well use my acupuncture sessions for this calendar year.



My nonchalant day yesterday:

4am-wake up (we are early risers)

5am- went into work (this is my part time... 10 hours a week job...)

7:30am- left work (home town) for 1 hour drive to location of RE and blood lab. Feeling calm unlike the usual racing heart beat, slightly anxious, thinking doomsday thoughts person that I normally am on u/s days. I try to control the uncontrollable...


8:30am- arrived at blood lab.... waited almost an hour to have blood taken...still in the calm zone.


9:30am- wasted time until u/s... RE required blood work to be done several hours before appt so they have the estradiol results when you get there.


11:00am- ultrasound.... they actually got me right in! That was nice. I just went through the procedure and listened. No questions asked. How can that be? Where was my list of 20 "what ifs" or "explain this"?


12:00pm- acupuncture appt... it was actually scheduled for 12:30 but he was able to get me in early so I didn't have to waste any more time window shopping and wishing I had money to buy things we can't afford. Wow things are falling into a nice timely schedule today.


1:30pm- Leave acupuncturist and drive 1 hour back to home. Listened to Andre Bocelli and continued to feel relaxed.


2:30pm- arrive home to find both of my dogs covered in mud... these are primarily inside dogs but I have to leave them outside if I'm gone longer than 5 hours. On further inspection I see that they have dug up two of my precious plants in the back yard. I take one dog at a time and wash them in the bathtub. After both dogs are washed I try to salvage the plants. Slightly irritated w/ these furry children of mine but not overly concerned w/ the damage. I love my dogs and am thankful to have them. J would have killed them so it's a good thing I got home first.


4:30pm- I make dinner...la-di-da-di-da


5:45pm- J is home from work... We eat... (I love this man)


6:00pm- Moment of Clarity!!!! OH SHIT- I forgot my shot again!!! See last post for previous forgetfulness. I had been instructed to take three more days of injections. I should have taken my shot right when I got home but I was distracted b/c of the dogs and their doggy misadventures. After initial 10 second panic logic sets in and I realize I'm only a few hours late since I didn't get home to take it until after 2:30pm. I reassure myself that 3 and half hours late on my injection won't make my follies shrink or disappear. Really, what if I had my u/s appt at 4:00 and hadn't gotten home until 5pm. It would have been close to the same time. Silly me. :-)


***so what is the story? Is this a freak occurrence or has my IF personality changed. Where is the neurotic, tightly coiled, mind racing, nervous nail biting, teary eyed, asking a zillion and one questions Girl that I normally am? Have I hit another Infertility stage? Are there stages such as Denial, Panic, Depression and then Blasé or do they rotate to keep things interesting? Now let me make it clear that feeling nonchalant does not mean that there is any hope knocking on my door. In fact all of my doors have dead bolts and are electronically wired. Doesn't mean the bitch "Hope" won't sneak in somehow. Who knows? But- I don't particularly want her company. Hope sets me up to fall on my ass. I'm in the white zone.... my open mindless space where there's not a whole lot of thought going on IF wise. Now if I could just remember to take my shots.

8 Comments:

At 8/24/2006 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to that point too, and it was on the IUI that worked so maybe it's a good place to be!

And I agree that four is a great number of follies. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on Monday and all through your 2ww!

Take care.

 
At 8/24/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Kir said...

thinking of you and sending lots of good IUI vibes.
Keeping my fingers crossed :)
Kir

 
At 8/24/2006 10:01 AM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Wow, those numbers look great to me. I'm glad the nurse thought so, too.

Tape a large not to your mirror that says, "SHOT" on it. LOL.

I am saying a prayer for you for Monday. Are you feeling nervous about the actual IUI at all or does your nonchalantness (is that a word?) carry over to that, too? And, how can I get some of it?! LOL.

 
At 8/24/2006 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith,

So great to hear from you again. I think it's great that you're so non-chalant... I think it signals "acceptance." That's a great place to be.

Agree with Alli - tape a sign to your mirror!

I think 4 follies sounds about right for the dosage you are on.

Wishing you all the best for Monday - will be thinking about you.

 
At 8/24/2006 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we get to the point where we are a bit more *ho hum* about the whole thing. I have forgotten so many jabs, etc over the years, especially as I did more and more cycles.
4 follies is a great number! Good luck!

 
At 8/26/2006 7:37 PM, Blogger ellie said...

I have been pondering the forgetfulness for some time-- I wonder if it is side effect of the drugs...I forget just about everything lately. Hubs does the shots with me-- or else we'd have forgotten them by now. I wish you luck this cycle!

 
At 8/29/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger x said...

I hope that everything went well yesturday.

I have similar coverage at work - accupuncture but no infertility coverage. Doesn't make much sense but I'll take what I can get.

 
At 8/29/2006 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you yesterday - I hope everything went well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller