Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back to reality

J and I are back from hiking and camping out in the great outdoors. We went to Sequoia National Park this time and had a great time. We ended up having a great spot to place our tent. Our tent was literally facing a huge expanse of trees and a small to mid-size waterfall. We listened to the sound of falling water all night long.

The most exciting part of the trip was when we came across a mama black bear and her two young cubs. We were less than 100ft from them. They were playing in a stream. We stopped and watched for a little while until I became a little nervous and we moved on. It was just amazing to watch these beautiful animals play in their natural habitat. We also came across several families of deer w/ their baby doe.

I have less than 2 weeks in civilization until we leave for another camping trip to Yosemite National Park.

On the 2ww front...trying not to think about it. Hope sneaks in occasionally but for the most part I'm just gearing up for IVF.

4 Comments:

At 9/06/2006 8:25 AM, Blogger ellie said...

Oh! those little bear cubs can be so cute! I was out in a cabin one summer a few years back and we had little cubs crawl through the window of the cabin to get to the food... quite an experience getting them out of the cabin before mama bear came in after them- we threw apples out the window and they chased after the apples! windows were closed the rest of the night- and it was so dang hot in the cabin after that!

Good for you for taking time out for yourself and J. Goodluck to ya!

 
At 9/06/2006 9:34 AM, Blogger Kir said...

I am so glad you had a good time Faith, sometimes we all need whatever makes us feel "alive" . I am also impressed with you standing so close to the bears.

I do hope that the end of the 2ww has some wonderful news for you.

Kir :)

 
At 9/07/2006 5:28 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

So glad you are back and jealous that you are going to Yosemite! You'll have so much fun.

When we went to Yellowstone this summer we saw a mother bear with her 2 babies - too cute. Did you take any pictures?!

Glad you are not letting the 2ww consume you. I hope this is it and you won't have to worry about IVF. {{hugs}}

 
At 9/10/2006 2:39 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

We got married on the same day, Faith!! Happy two year anniversary, and it sounds like your trip was fantastic. I always wish I could see bears on the trail...

And I too very much hope that you don't have to gear up for IVF.
*HUG*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller