Back on my feet...
I'm doing okay... Okay being the key word. It's been 10 days since I received the bad news about my FSH. I basically became nonfunctional for 2 days. J stayed home for a day and took care of me. While I was in that truly horrible state of mind, J continued to talk to me in very positive way. It took two days of him repeating himself endlessly in a loving manner for any of it to sink in. Maybe it was b/c my head was foggy and congested from the constant crying, or that I had so much negative talk in my head. Nothing else could penetrate for a while.
Eventually I got motivated to research this dreadful news on a high FSH message board and read about many women still getting pregnant w/ high FSH. Most of these women had much higher FSH then me. I also received many private e-mails that encouraged and held out hope for me. Thank You! I ended up calling my current SOB RE and talked to a nurse (Nurse B) there. She actually mentioned that my results could be somewhat inaccurate since the test was done after 8 back to back medicated cycles. I almost started laughing/crying/screaming/ and hyperventilating at once. Have a mentioned that I hate my current clinic and can’t wait to leave them behind. I told Nurse B that Nurse A said it was fine if I tested this cycle. Nurse B went on to say that she didn't think it would have a huge impact but it could elevate the test some. (So where does this leave me?) I guess I'll repeat my FSH next month and hope it comes back lower. I really hope for my sake and J’s sake that my test doesn't come back even worse. I'm now consuming a crap load of wheatgrass/ barley grass b/c it's supposed to help w/ FSH.
Some of the positives that J kept reminding me of continuously (he should have taped himself and played it on repeat) since it bounced off my head as fast as he shot them off at me. Well, eventually the comments did penetrate and he's right. High FSH'ers usually respond poorly to the stims. I responded very well and produced many eggs on the normal amount of stims used w/ IUI. I was actually told at one point that I'd be an excellent IVF candidate. I also know I shouldn't give my current RE's words any weight. He's proven over and over that he's incompetent. He tells me I have less than a 1% chance of ever getting pregnant on my own and a 16% chance of IVF ever working. How did he come up with these numbers? I think he pulled them out of his ass. We've never done IVF... so how does he know how my eggs will fertilize? Or what the quality is? He has no idea! If I were to make it to ER w/ a few decent (hopefully good) embies... how could I still have a 16% chance? Does he mean I have a high chance of cancellation b/c I might be a poor responder since many high FSH'ers are? I've proven that wrong 6 times........ they wanted 3-4 follies for each IUI. I produced up to 7 mature ones w/ many other smaller ones.
So... I'm back on my feet and fighting for my right to have a family. I've talked to a few women that go to the clinic's I'm looking at. I've heard such great things. I’m leaning towards one in particular b/c the doctor is supposed to be extremely caring, He’s dedicated his life to this and will leave no stone unturned. He’s written a book and I just finished reading it. I like what I read. He works with a lot of difficult cases or women that have many failed IVF’s. I’ve e-mailed and called his clinic many times already as I try to get everything ready for our consult. Everyone there is beyond helpful and friendly. This brings some of my hope back.
These past 10 days have also showed me that my husband wants children just as much as I do. He wants us to go forward and do whatever it takes. I recognized the fact that he would encourage me to continue w/ IVF even if I decided I didn't want to risk it. I always knew he wanted children but part of me thought he was going along with all of this for me. I think I needed to see that he was just as committed. I need him to fight and partake right next to me. I cannot go through this alone. I need help and encouragement and many many many hugs. I need reassurance…constant reassurance. Pretending to be strong and in control has gone out the window. I need him to tell me it will be okay. That he’ll always be there no matter what and that we’ll always have each other. I had to tell him what I need. Men don’t always get it… they aren’t mind readers no matter how much we want them to be. I also had to tell him (and this was important) that I need more help. I know he’s the “bread earner” and works long days but I need him to make some of the calls, and do some of the research. He has to make the time…
With his hand entwined in mine we can get through this…
Thank you for all of your encouragement. You guys get it and are a great source of comfort to me. I can't begin to tell you what this community of women (and Smarshy) has meant to me.



15 Comments:
Glad to hear that you're feeling better. And happy to hear that you're kicking your current RE to the curb!
I've been thinking about you and am glad that you are feeling ok now. I too was wondering where your RE was pulling his percentages from - and how he had any information on what your IVF chances were since no one knows what will fertilize. I'm glad that you are moving to a new clinic that will hopefully treat you better and make you feel more confident in them. Take care and enjoy your time "off" as much as you can!
I'm so glad you are back to blogging...we missed you!!! There are so many road blocks in this journey, we just have to keep praying that the one we face at the time will be the last. I have faith that you will still be an excellent candidate for IVF...like you said, you can't really know that until you've actually tried it.
It sounds like you've got one great husband to fight this fight for your family. That's one thing that has helped me keep going through this; I've realized how blessed I am to have the husband that I have. This truly has just made us stronger and I think you guys can definitely say the same.
Keeping you (and low FSH levels for you) in my prayers!
Kirsten
I can't imagine going through fertility treatment with a clinic that you don't like. So I am glad you are moving on and once your in a clinic that you trust you will once again feel positive that you've got a chance.
Thanks for the reminder that we have to voice our needs to our husbands. Mine seems to be a guest on this fertlity ride and I am the one that keeps us going. How I would love it if he could step up and take the controls for while.
And keep on fighting Faith!
{HUGS}
I am so happy to hear you are back to your self! I was worried about you Faith. I am glad to hear that you found a better dr and clinic you feel better about. It is so wonderful that your husband is so supportive. We are still TTC on our own and it can really put a strain on our relationship sometimes. You can do this Faith!
Oh Faith I'm so glad to see you back! It's hard to get the optimism and faith to continue down this road. But if you don't, then you're stuck right where you're at, so why not keep on and see where the road leads? I think I'm telling myself this more than I'm telling you this, but hey it applies to anyone who is stuck and not sure if they want to keep on with all this. Anyhow I'm glad to see you back!
Hi Faith,
I'm so happy you are feeling better and ready to fight your way through this. I really admire your determination and hope it all works out.
Oh Faith. I am SO glad to see this post. I was so worried about you.
Way to keep on fighting.
And hang on to J. He sounds like an amazing man.
Love and hugs-
I'm glad you are back and feeling better!
Your RE and, well, the whole office there, just sounds horrible!! How soon can you switch to another office?
Faith, I am so happy that you are feeling better. I have been saying lots of prayers for you. :)
I love the "hand entwined in mine" , it makes me well up, because it's so true. Together you are better than you are alone.
BIG HUGS!!!
Glad to hear you're back on your feet!! ((((HUGS)))
I am glad you are feeling better-- I hope that you find a good clinic and it's good to know that the whole high fsh thing isn't as bad as you thought.
I kind of figured that the back to back cycles might impact the fsh numbers-- that was what happened when I got my high fsh and I am glad that you are back and able to move forward and find soem peace with all this. It's just so much we have to go through- I wish there were an easier way!
Okay, I was about to send out a search party for you, Faith!
So happy you are feeling better, but my head is spinning over the inconsistencies of the people in your RE's office! Are they all working solo and never communicating with each other? What the hell?!
Here's to a better RE for you!!!!
I'm so glad you have such a supportive husband who is keeping you encouraged. Thanks to J for helping you through this. I'm glad you're feeling better. We're all behind you. Hang in there.
Post a Comment
<< Home