119 Things
***I just started making a list and this is what I came up with. I ended up w/ 119 things b/c I don't want to go back and have to eliminate and re-number. Would that be the defenition of lazy?
1. I'm an animal lover
2. I have two dogs and a cat
3. I've had an Amazon parrot, a rat, some fish, a Russian tortoise, a bunny, a dog, and two cats at the same time.
4. The bunny was kept in my classroom.
5. I used to take my parrot into my classroom as a reward.
6. The students loved hearing in talk.
7. One of my students stabbed the parrot w/ a pencil.
8. The parrot never went to visit again.
9. Every time I go to the zoo I spent the majority of the day in front of the monkeys.
10. My favorites are the chimps and the guerrillas
11. I have more empathy for animals than most people
12. I cry easily at the thought of a hurting animal.
13. I can't watch sad animal movies.
14. I've taught 4th and 5th grade
15. I've also taught 7th grade Religious Education
16. I was the after school art teacher for 2 years
17. I’ve also held jobs as a marketing director, a bookkeeper, an administrative assistant and as a subway artist at Subway
18. I went to UC Santa Barbara for my college education
19. I drank way too much
20. I partied way too much
21. I studied just as much as I partied.
22. My first draft essays that were done at the last minute were always returned w/ an A.
23. When I worked on a paper for days I'd get a lower grade.
24. I've spent way too much time in the sun
25. I'm starting to see the damage
26. I still spent too much time in the sun
27. I have olive skin and tan very easily
28. I petitioned to carry over the maximum load of units and it was granted several times.
29. I had no idea what I wanted to be in college
30. I've always done pretty well in school
31. I was in all honor classes in high school
32. I was senior class v-president
33. I was ranked as the #1 tennis player and frequently played w/ the boys team.
34. I ditched class a lot my senior year in high school
35. I took 3 years of Spanish
36. I can’t speak any Spanish
37. My best friend wanted to try out for a play and asked me to go w/ her
38. She didn’t get picked for the part
39. I did...
40. It wasn't my favorite experience. I never did another play.
41. I was approached and asked to have a bit part in a TV show in college.
42. I accepted and was bored out of my mind during the entire filming... you sit around all day
43. I never did it again
44. I'm drawing a blank on the TV show name- but it was w/ Ricky Schroder.
45. Obviously it wasn't all that memorable
46. I change my hair a lot
47. I've had blonde, red, brown, almost black and very streaky, highlighted hair
48. I've had long, medium, and short hair
49. I've worn it curly, and straight
50. I naturally have very thick, wavy brown hair
51. I've had a ton of friends.
52. I've had very few close friends
53. I haven't always been a very good friend.
54. I've moved 10 times since I was born
55. This doesn't include the moves within the same city.
56. I'm horrible about maintaining long distance friendships
57. I've never been one to talk on the phone
58. It's a chore for me to call and chit chat w/ girlfriends.
59. I come off as very girly...maybe even materialistic
60. I'm not
61. I can sleep outdoors, hike for days in the same outfit, not shower and not give it a second thought
62. I've never been out of the
63. I would like to travel more.
64. I was friends w/ a guy for years
65. After our friendship turned into something deeper he turned scary.
66. I got a retraining order
67. He ended up going to jail for breaking into my place while I was sleeping
68. He hit me
69. I realized how little the judicial system would do to protect me
70. Other than that guy, I've only dated nice guys
71. I've never been attracted to "bad" guys.
72. I love candy and have to eat some everyday.
73. I prefer gummy candy, taffy, starbursts and jelly bellies.
74. I don't care for actual desserts, such as pie or cake
75. I suffer from chronic daily headaches
76. I also get migraines regularly
77. Headaches run in my family.
78. I'm allergic to sulfur
79. Not just sulfur medication but anything that contains sulfur.
80. I have to read the ingredients on everything I eat.
81. If I consume Sulfur my kidneys start to shut down. I stop urinating
82. That's not fun
83. The first time this happened the doctor just hooked me up to an IV bag
84.The doctor didn't take me seriously when I said I couldn't urinate and that I was swollen
85. After the first bag of fluid emptied, he added another.
86. After all this they put a catheter in me and not one drop came out.
87. Now the doctor took me seriously
88. I had put 15 pounds of water weight on my 110 pound frame in 24 hours.
89. After I was released I had never been happier to be in the bathroom.
90. You have to be in the bathroom a lot to release 15 pounds of water.
91. This has happened 6 times... none have been as bad as the first time.
92. My sexual appetite is higher than my husband’s
93. I was interested in my husband before he noticed me.
94. I was dating someone else at the time.
95. We were engaged 6 weeks after our 1st date.
96. We got married 6 weeks after we got engaged
97. I had just had a house built for me when we met.
98. It took almost a year to build.
99. I lived in it less than 4 months before I moved for my husband's job
100. I read constantly and average about 3 books a week.
101. I used to read even more.
102. I actually got in trouble as a child for reading too much.
103. In grade school I'd put my children's novels in my school books and pretend to be studying.
104. I'm 5'6"
105. I like this height... not too tall, not too short.
106. One day I hope to go back to school
107. I would like to become a therapist and have my own practice
108. I would want to do this after the children are in school.
109. I'm still waiting for my children.
110. We've been trying since Dec 2004.
111. I don't want to adopt
112. I might reconsider
113. I worry about things I cannot change.
114. I always look at the worse case scenario's
115. I overanalyze everything
116. I like to draw, paint and work w/ clay
117. I don't do this nearly as much as I should
118. My husband is a huge Red Sox's fan
119. When I'm mad at him, I threaten to buy and wear a Yankee's shirt



6 Comments:
I can relate to 11-13, 26-27, 61 and 100-103 in a BIG way. Thought I was the only one that got in trouble for reading in class!
LOVE these 100 things posts bloggers do...
Wow - Faith, we are so much alike, it's scary.
Except for the rat.
Ewwww. I love animals, even a few rodents, but not rats.
*just did a heebie jeebie dance/squirm*
My parents just got back from Spain where they watched a bull fight. I bawled after my dad described it to me. I can't take animal torture. It's too much. Even if it was a rat fight, i think it stilll would have upset me. LOL.
I love these -- I feel like I get to know you better from them! My DH is a huge yankees fan-- I'll have to try the threat of wearing a red sox shirt and see if it works!
Fun!
My brother looked like Ricky Schroeder when we were growing up!
Also, I'm a Yankees fan so I can help pester your husband when you need me to.
Hope you are doing well, Faith!
Hey Faith, sorry I have not written back to you yet, I've been crazy busy and still plan to write back when there's time. I wanted to quickly comment and tell you that I asked my RE about offsite monitoring and they definately do it. They said that they even have patients in the UK, South Africa and central America that are doing offsite monitoring with them because they have such a great success rate apparently. I was shocked but hey...Im glad I get to go to them! Maybe you will too???
I love seeing the things I have in common with people - great list!
Post a Comment
<< Home