Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Dreaming of a remote home in the mountains...

One of my neighbor's was over last night. She's the one that got pregnant the 2nd month they tried. I barely know her. Here's our dialog:

Her: So are you guys still trying? She has asked me this each and every time I see her.

Me: Yeah- we are...

Her: Are you trying...trying???

Me: Uh huh... (WTF? Trying… trying...are you kidding me?)

Her: Take Clomid if you want to get pregnant right away. My friend got pregnant after one month on that and ended up with twins.

Me: Been there, done that (I'm sure I sounded irritated at this point b/c if she only knew)

Her: Silent

Me: At this point I just want to minimize it all so I say "We're not worried.. It’ll happen eventually."

Her: No response since she's busy cooing and tickling her 7 month old that she's holding.

Me: Well good to see you as I nudge her out the front door.

*** I should have never told anyone or even hinted about the fact that we are interested in having children.

Once she left J had to hear my ranting for half an hour about how clueless people are. How insensitive and ignorant they can be.

*** This is one of two neighbors that want to hang out and become friends. The one that came over we'll call bubbles...b/c she is overly bubbly, w/ this super loud high pitched voice (ugh) and the other one is even worse. We'll call her smoker chick... I think I've mentioned her before. She just had her 3rd child. She has 3 girls all spaced 2 years apart. She smokes like a chimney even while she's pregnant. And I was the lucky one to hear her complain about how devastated she was to have her 3rd child end up as a girl. She told me she was depressed and didn't want to get out of bed for weeks b/c of this. Finally she decided to just go on some major shopping sprees to cheer herself up. She's also as skinny as a tooth pick... w/ size DD fake boobs and loves to talk about how none of her pregnancies have ruined her perfect body. One time when I was about to leave on a jog she mentioned to me that she doesn't have to run b/c she's naturally skinny. I didn't even respond to that one. So she thinks that anyone who works out does it only for the benefit of burning calories? Has she heard of healthy living or being fit or even enjoyment of athletic activities?

I now have to sneak out of my house whenever I leave the house. I look through the blinds to see if the coast is clear and then I peak around the corner of my garage before I risk watering my front yard. I pray that they won't see me and rush over. I haven't made many friends since we moved here but I'd rather have none then these two.

Thanks for listening to my B*tching! Feeling much better now-

10 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 8:57 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I am calling my RE right now for that Clomid prescription!! Nevermind the fact that I had the little swimmers injected exactly where they needed to be and it still didn't work, I just need the magic little pill!! HA!
I totally feel your pain on that. There are so many people I wish I hadn't told about this, especially at work, but then they'd be the people asking ALL the time "so, when are you going to start trying?" Yeesh.
Oh, and this weekend I was walking around an antique festival and there was a girl who looked all of 16 and 8 months pregnant with a long cigarette dangling from her lips. Nice. I was mad at first but that just takes too much energy so I just have to try and laugh at the irony now...I just feel for that poor baby.
Well, I hope today turns out better for you! : )

 
At 10/10/2006 9:51 AM, Blogger Kir said...

Oh Faith, I know your pain. Our neighbors are the same. A PITA!!! I know the territory that comes with sharing the information, and it is better than the "when are you going to have babies" but DEAR GOD, when do you just shut up and stop asking. IF I were PG, I would TELL you.
I hate that you are stuck in your house, afraid to leave when you have IF on your plate too. I know all too well about it, but it makes my heart hurt for you.
I just think that sometimes Life is completely unfair, it really is. There is no good explanation or one that I am comfortable using. It just isn't fair and it stinks.

(HUGS to you my friend, sending a little sunshine today!)

 
At 10/10/2006 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a moron! Both of them actually.

I have a trashy neighbor on one side that I can't stand and a while back, she touched my belly. I had to force myself to not visibly draw away from her - they are psycho and are constantly taking everything we do as offenses, and we worry they'll burn our house down or something. Ugh.

Sorry you have to deal with it too.

 
At 10/10/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

OMG. I hate my neighbors but at least it is mutual and we ignore each other. I couldn't stand it - how were you so nice to her? I think I literally would have pushed her out the door and slammed it in her face.

 
At 10/10/2006 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we have some "friends" we met at church who I am now trying to avoid desperately for very similar reasons. She is 30 (same as me) and he is 34-35, no children yet.

The first time we got together, she asked me if we were "trying." I said "yes, but we're just taking it easy right now."

The second time we got together, my parents were with us too (who did not at the time know we were going through IVF)... so she starts asking - "so, are you guys still trying." "how long exactly have you been trying?" etc. IN FRONT OF MY PARENTS, who didn't know at the time that we were trying, or even were in the middle of our very first IVF cycle. Ummm, AWKWARD CONVERSATION. And, I was pretty pissy on day 3 of Lupron so I was giving my husband the evil eye like it was his fault for her big mouth. I could feel my face turning red. Fortunately, he tried to change the subject saying "we are going on vacation in a few months so we are probably going to wait a bit."

The 3rd time I see them on our way out of church - 2 months later- and she asks me "are you still trying?" JUST OUTSIDE THE CHURCH DOORS, where there are all kinds of old people, people we know, etc. I shrug my shoulders, not really knowing how to put a kibosh on this conversation yet again. So she says, "yeah, I got my period yesterday and I was sad. But there will be next month." I tried to smile sympathetically and changed the subject.

So, now we technically should call his couple to go out together, but I just can't force myself into this conversation all over again. We are not "out" to any local friends, just family. I just don't know how to shut her up when the topic comes up.... ARGH!

I know she could be trying to reach out to me for help if they're having problems too, but I am just not the right person for this right now. And there's really no way to offer them help without outing ourselves in the process, so I will have to live with the guilt of ignoring them for the time being... IF just sucks on all levels.

It's too bad you don't live next door, Faith, becuase we could totally hang out, and neither of us would have to worry about these awkward friend/neighbor situations...!

 
At 10/10/2006 2:13 PM, Blogger Smarshy said...

Jeez, your neighbors sound like they SUCK. The smoking neighbor sounds like a younger version of the old lady in "Something About Mary", did you see that movie?

I hope things improve soon. Or, if she really does smoke that much, just wait it out. She can't have that much longer.

 
At 10/10/2006 2:54 PM, Blogger Kate said...

What insight your neighbor has. Clomid! Why didn't I think of that. Ugh.
One time I was at Walgreen's and I was buying some OPK's and the check-out girl told me I should just try some clomid. She said that she did last month and (whispering) just found out she was pregnant yesterday. Sounds likie she should move to your neighborhood.

 
At 10/10/2006 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so anti-social with my neighbours, the poor old guy next door has dementia and is a bit spooky (caught him looking in our back door one day!)- and the neighbours on the other side scream at each other all day!

 
At 10/11/2006 6:04 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Wow - your story reminds me of why it's a good thing that I don't really know my neighbors all that well.

*HUG* People are idiots.

 
At 10/11/2006 5:24 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

Some people are just insensitive idiots. People kept asking my husband and I if we were going to have kids right away after we got married. I should have told them we were going to wait and see or something. Instead I said we were going to try right away. In my silly head I believed it would happen. Now people are constantly asking me if I am pregnant yet. People look at everything you do for clues you might be pregnant. I just want to tell to f-off and if and when I have something to tell them I will.

I am not in the same boat as you though(yet). I have not been diagnosed "infertile" I just can't get pregnant. I am still being told to relax and wait a few more months.

Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller