Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 05, 2006

A few things....

First of all I want to say how sad I am that we've lost two bloggers this week. Lisa from "Of the Infertile Species", decided to delete her blog. I understand her reasons but will miss her postings and comments. The 2nd blogger is Ms. X at "A barren island". She became harassed by a group of people that left cruel and judgmental comments. She feels that it is no longer in her best interest to keep a blog. It is hard for me to understand why someone(s) would leave mean comments... do they have nothing better to do and if they truly don't like what they are hearing then why can't they stop reading. Ms. X was always brutally honest with her feelings and also her short comings. I applaud that trait b/c who would we be if we kept a personal diary "i.e. blog" about our life journey and softened how we felt or thought for popularity sake. That would take away the whole point of having a therapeutic form of journaling.

I am sorry to see both of you go. I hope you stop by and keep in touch. Wishing you both only the best.

Second of all, my J surprised me out of the blue with an IPO*D. It wasn't my birthday or our Anniversary but for no reason at all. Or should I be wondering what he did and why he's trying to make up for it... :-) No, but really it was such a nice surprise. J knows that I go on daily long walks or jogs and I take this crappy $9.99 radio thingy that is like 10 years old. I've dropped it more times than I count and I hate the fact that it's all talk radio early in the morning. Now I have an IPO*D and I can download all the songs my heart desires. It's absolutely tiny and basically weightless. It came with an arm band that you can hook it into so that you can run without it getting in your way (and without dropping). I'm impressed with the sound quality and am currently working on my list of pumped up motivating workout tunes. Any suggestions?

And last but not least, I'm 8DPO and feel like crap. I'm tired, bitchy, bloated and hungry. My appetite increases 10 fold when I'm on progesterone. I'm like a lawnmower eating up all of the food in the house. Someone needs to put a lock on the fridge. I open the door to the fridge just about every 10 mins hunting for something to eat. Did you parents lecture you on the energy cost each time you left the fridge door open? I hear my Dad telling me the high cost of energy as I open and close and open and close the fridge all day long.

Yup I'm hungry but sure as hell not horny. I think this is the longest I've ever gone since J and I have been together. I have zero interest. This is not like me at all. I require lots of attention in that department and have a much higher sex drive than my husband. That isn't saying his level is low... that is just showing how high mine is. Normally I'd love to have J chasing me around and wanting a little "quality play". Now I swat at him like a bug and stop him w/ a dagger like stare. He backs off quick.

A BFP in 6 days would be the best news in the world. Nothing could make me happier. But if it's negative I will be more than ready to take a break for a few months before we start IVF. I want my energy level back and I want to run...not walk b/c I'm in a 2WW. I've deprived myself of so many things b/c I'm in the 2WW and potentially pregnant. Having a few months w/ no appts sounds like heaven. I've been doing back to back ART treatments for 9 months straight. I'm tired and need a rest.

11 Comments:

At 10/05/2006 4:35 PM, Blogger Smarshy said...

Faith, your little pixie vixen is teasing me right now. Look at her, showing off a little leg in the slit of her skirt. Brutal. I'm sweating.

I can't relate personally to how you feel, obviously, but I can tell you that we had to take a few months off for insurance reasons and during this time I got my wife back. She is happy, energetic, fun, silly. The woman I married. Yes, I'll lose her again, in a couple of weeks when our next cycle starts. But the visit has been VERY nice.

I hope very much for a BFP for you. But if it's a BFN, a little time off isn't such a bad thing...

 
At 10/05/2006 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Faith - It's Lisa. Thank you for your kind words. Of course I am wishing you a BFP. And I understand completely wanting your life back. I kinda feel like my life has been on hold for over a year in this baby making quest. During the 2ww, when I most need to jog (which is hands down the best stress reliever for me), I'm told not to do anything strenuous. Or if I want sushi, it's like "whoops, you could be pregnant. don't chance it." Anyway, take care and you're in my thoughts. Good luck.

 
At 10/06/2006 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to hear that anyone was chased away from the blogosphere by jerks. I will never ever understand that. If you don't like someone's site, you just don't read it. Why be hateful?

I'm still sending all the good and positive thoughts I can your way. I so hope that you get what you want as soon as possible, but if for some reason this one doesn't work, I know it will be nice to take some time off from the stress of it for a while.

Thinking of you.

 
At 10/06/2006 7:35 AM, Blogger Kir said...

Morning Faith, I am so sorry that you are having a bad week. I have been there and I know that it is HARD to be there in between the "PG or Not PG" and doing everything possible to make it happen while trying very hard not to get too jazzed up about it. That in and of itself is exhausting. Incidentally the progesterone does the same thing to me and I am always so hungry that I swear I must be PG or I wouldn't want to eat everything in the house. GOOD LUCK in the next few days, you know I am hoping (and praying) for good news for you.

as for the break, you know where I am. I am actually happy that maybe I can relax for a few months, we can try naturally and maybe even (dare I say it?) have Sex . I have been saying for so long that I want to get PG in my dr's office that sometimes I forget how much I really , really like my husband and maybe this break will allow us some quality playtime. I hope that no matter what happens for you that you get that too. Goodness knows you deserve it.

I have an IPOD Nano and I love it. I put all my favorite music on it, I have John change it constantly, I put my IF medidations on it too , it makes me happy. Also if you are walking/running it is like a best friend because every "feel good" song is right there. Somedays that is the best part of life.

wishing you a nice weekend and a good walk with songs that make you smile. :)

((HUGS))

 
At 10/06/2006 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith, I know what you mean about wanting your life back. I feel like that too - just waiting perpetually for something that may or may not happen. I think the iPod will help you have a new "spark!"

I hope you have a renewing weekend.

Will continue to pray for that BFP for you and J!

 
At 10/06/2006 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand what is wrong with people leaving mean comments on someone's blog. That is lost on me.

Work out song: Pump It by the BEP is one of my faves, and anything by Eminem.

Congrats on the Ipod! My dad has gotten one for my sister and recently for my brother for his bday, so I hope to get one for Christmas. Yay, Daddy!

Ugh, I want my life back, too. I wonder what I would think about with all of my spare time if I wasn't spending it fretting about something relating to I/F.

Hope you are feeling great today, though. I need to go change your blog name on my blogroll now and hopefully it will update as "new" when you write! You email me if I miss a post!

Love to you!

 
At 10/07/2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Debbi said...

thinking of you for this cycle... hope it's a BFP for you. You so deserve it!

 
At 10/08/2006 10:41 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I hope the next few days go quickly for you and you get a BFP.

As for the Ip*d, yep, they're great to exercise with. (I say this as if I actually, um, exercise... :) I do have a "running" folder on mine, though.

A few suggestions for motivating tunes (in terms of beat, not necessarily lyrics): All I Want by Toad the Wet Sprocket; High On You, I Can't Hold Back, Eye of the Tiger, all by Survivor; Right Beside You, Sophie B. Hawkins; Get On Your Feet, Conga, by Gloria Estefan. Have fun downloading songs!

 
At 10/08/2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Pixxiee said...

I have an Ipod - I love it, but sometimes at the gym folks would grab it to hear what I was listening to and it was always embarrassing - Abba, Barry Manilow, you name it, I have it.

Wishing you a BFP hon!

Hugs
Paula

 
At 10/09/2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Hi there,
I hope you are hanging in there with the 2ww...it is by far the hardest part for me. I will keep you in my prayers that you get that BFP this time!!
You're so right about IVF being so scary since that really is that last option. I think that is a big part of why I feel so gloomy right now.
I wish I could take some of your desire for running...the 2ww always does a number on my body and I've packed on some pounds. I'd love to run but just can't get into it.
Have a great week!

 
At 10/10/2006 6:30 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Faith - I SO hear you with the desire for a break. I am hoping though, that you end up not needing one. :)

Love to you. And hugs too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller