Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 08, 2006

Pre-cycle blood work...

After waiting and waiting for Aunt Flow she finally arrived last night on cycle day 31. I’m like clock work every month with my cycle (always 28 days on the dot) so the thought that I might be pregnant popped into my head. I dragged out the opk’s this month and we got busy at the right time…. So I was thinking maybe…just maybe I could be. But- no…Aunt Flow is here and she’s pissed off. I have truck loads of Midol in my system. I figure the surgery last month screwed things up some. So much for my *oops month.

I went in and had my FSH test done at lunch time today. I was really anxious about this b/c as many of you know… the last results weren’t very good. In fact just thinking about the test put me into tears all morning. I know it’s completely out of my control but it still creates an intense fear in me. Like this number holds J and my fate in its hands. All I can to do is hope for the best and pray that my body responds well during our upcoming cycle.

I also had most of my pre-cycle blood work done on Monday. J and I both went in. They needed 18 vials of blood from me and 6 vials from him. They needed 3 more from me today- so I’ve given 21 vials of blood this week. The lab attendant said that in 8 years she’s only had to draw more blood from one other person and that was a doctor that ordered a bunch of tests on himself. I’ll be giving even more blood this weekend. You could say I feel a little low on blood- especially with Aunt Flow here.

I’m going to have my antral follicle count ultrasound done this Sunday. They wanted me to come on CD3 (Saturday) but they said Sunday was fine so that we only have to stay over one night. We have to stay overnight so that I can give more blood that has to be shipped off to Chicago. (These are some kind of special immunological panels they send off) They only do the blood draws for Chicago on Monday –Thurs so we have to stay up there. I called around locally and I couldn’t find anyone that was willing to draw and ship my blood for me. For my first trip J’s going with me. I hope to learn my way around some since I’ll be making this trip by myself most of the time.

I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season. I haven’t felt the spirit of the season yet, I haven’t done one thing X-mas wise- other than buy gifts for extended family members. I have yet to get my Christmas decorations out and I haven’t even bought a tree. Usually I’d have the tree up along with all of the other decorations and I’d be working on my Christmas cards. To be honest I’m not even sure if I’ll do any of the above this year. Part of me wants to b/c it’s sad to basically not do X-mas. How depressing is that. I need to motivate myself to get into the festivities b/c it will be worth it afterwards. I hope J and I are able to do something special to celebrate... even if it’s just going into the mountains for the day and playing in the snow.

I know I sound a little down in this post but I think it’s just the arrival of AF and the FSH test. Overall I’ve been doing better. I have been taking Lex*apro for about 3 weeks now (for anxiety) and I think it’s already brought me down from a 7 or 8 (climbing the walls) to a 4 or 5. Usually all I do is worry about everything. Now I feel a little mellower. J said he’s noticed I’m not as wound up. So- I’m glad I decided to try it out.

I’ll post again when I get back from my trip to see Dr. Z. I hope everything is going well in your corner of the world.

9 Comments:

At 12/08/2006 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I hope you still have some blood left. 3cc here, 5cc there and then AF - it starts to add up!

I feel the same about Christmas this year. The only thing I have worked on are cards. I can't bring myself to put up any decorations. I just don't care. I wanted so badly to be pregnant this Christmas. I can't even go through the motions. I need to write our Christmas letter, but I can't seem to sound positive about anything.

Good luck Faith. Your FSH will be better this time.

 
At 12/08/2006 9:27 PM, Blogger M said...

I'm sorry you have been having a lot of anxiety. I know what that's like, and it's not fun. I'm glad the medicine is helping.

good luck.

 
At 12/09/2006 12:44 AM, Blogger Baby Blues said...

We've distributed gifts early this year and it feels good to get it over with. The Christmas rush is just too stressful. As for decors, not this year too. I'm not feeling it either. Christmas is really for children. And til I have one in my arms, it's just not the same...

Good luck! I hope it'll be a happy new year for you...

 
At 12/09/2006 1:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Faith! You have a plan and that's the BEST part about all this! You also sound like you have a great RE too - BONUS! Hey don't stress so much about the FSH. My last one in the summer was 19 and the most recent one? 13.4. It does fluctuate quite a bit and my doc says that more important than your FSH level is if you can get eggs and if they're good quality eggs. So stop sweating the FSH - start thinking eggs! :)

ps-I think if you put a few xmas decs out you'll feel the holiday spirit more. Wouldn't hurt to try now would it?

 
At 12/10/2006 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll need a blood transfusion after all that OMG. Hoping you get some answers.
xx

 
At 12/10/2006 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ick, that's a whole lotta blood. Good luck with results, and all the to-ing and fro-ing, which sounds complicated enough.

Bea

 
At 12/11/2006 6:43 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

21 vials of blood...wow. I think the most I've had at one time was about 12 or so.
And, don't feel bad about Christmas because I have felt the same way this year for some reason and this is always the time of year I most look forward to. I only have a few decorations out, nothing like usual. What sucks is I know I'll be sad when the holidays are over and I have to wait for them all over again. But, we've both got a lot on our plates right now so skipping the decorations on one Christmas is totally understandable!
I am anxious to hear how your appointments went...hoping everything was a success.

 
At 12/11/2006 1:01 PM, Blogger Kir said...

was thinking of you and sending some warm Aruba breezes up to you. How did the bloodwork go?

I haven't been like that about Christmas this year. I decorated before we left and to be honest it's the one thing that is making me smile this time of year. I love our tree, I love all the snowmen and in many ways it makes me forget that I am still childless. But I know how you feel because last christmas was a lot like that for me.

GOOD LUCK with the FSH, I will be coming back for good news girlie :)

 
At 12/12/2006 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith, I'm hoping things are going well for you and that all that blood-letting is overwith. It's great to know that Dr. Z will let you into shared risk regardless of your FSH if you stim well. That is certainly good news.

How did your antral count and ultrasound go?

I start my BCPs this Friday... we may be cycle buddies this go-round!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller