Start of Lupron...
Happy New Year! May all our dreams come true in 2007.
We spent Christmas w/ J's family this year and then we had a low key New Years with a few couples. There were 8 of us total and we played a board game, (everyone drank but me) and we just had a nice time. I wouldn't have been up for a raging party or night out on the town. I came down with a pretty bad sore throat a few days ago and was worried about what it might be and how it would affect my cycle. All I had was the sore throat w/ no other symptoms for 4 days and now the sore throat is better and I'm starting to be congested so maybe it's a cold that took a long time to get started. I'm never sick and it sucks that I would come down w/ something at the start of my IVF cycle. I figure now is still better than at ER and ET time.
I start Lupron (10 units) tonight. (Are we both starting today...Hopeful Mother?) My last bcp will be on Saturday and I start stims on next Tues (Jan 9th). I will also have my first IVIg infusion that day. I'll be driving to
For the most part I'm just working on what I need to do each day. My stress level is better than normal. This may be due to the help of the Lexapro or b/c I'm working on my mind-body connection (probably both). The most stressful part at this point is trying to keep up with everything that needs to be done. I'm constantly on the phone ordering meds, dealing with the financial matters, consent forms, contracts, calendar dates, appt making, etc...etc... Things are finally falling into place and hopefully all of that will be behind us so we can just focus on which medications we should be doing and when.
I was thinking last night about how anxious I was to get going with the many IUI's we did back to back and even ready to jump on the wagon with IVF but now that we're here I feel like it's all happening really fast. Part of me wants to put it off and I think its only b/c if this doesn't work then we have no more options. We can only afford to do this a few times and then what. So... it's almost like if I put it off there is more time w/ hope and possibilities. Isn't exactly logical but I just don't want to face a negative(s). At the same time J and I are really ready to move on and put all of this behind us. I truly hope that a baby or two falls into that plan. There isn't much I can do to control the outcome. All I can do is follow the Re's directions to the letter and trust that God has a plan for us.
Labels: IVF #1



11 Comments:
Hi Faith,
I linked to your blog from Cyclesista and almost fell off my chair!
I think we see the same doctor, whom I also call Dr. Z. We live close to one another and your protocol seems very similar -- small world. (And I hope this isn't an invasion of your privacy in any way!!)
I can totally relate to the mixed feelings you have about starting the IVF cycle. I keep putting it off, thinking that once we start down that path it's pretty much our last option for having a biological child. So the stakes are high, to say the least!
Anyway, I just wanted to wish you good luck and I'll be back to check on you...I hope everything goes well and you get good results!
P.S. If you're interested in acupuncture, I see a wonderful woman in Campbell, and many of her clients go to Dr. Z too, I love the stories with happy endings from her about his patients. It makes me feel somewhat hopeful.
I've heard people describe the feeling of wanting to put off this last phase of treatment, wanting to hold on to hope. It's scary stuff, thinking you're on the home stretch. Hopefully it'll be over very soon and with the best news ever.
Bea
Happy New Year to you! I hope that everything goes well with this cycle and that you get your dream of a baby (or two)
been thinking of you so much Faith. I am happy that things are finally starting for you and I really hope that this IVF is the one that works to make your baby (or babies) come to you. Please know that I am praying for you and only thinking good thoughts as you start this cycle.
Happy New Year , here's to Miracles in 2007
*HUGS*
I completely saw myself in your thoughts about wanting to hold off the IVF just a little longer. I was convinced that my saga with the cysts that lasted all summer and most of the fall was my body's way of holding off the IVF. For me, a failed IVF signaled the end of the TTC journey and I was scared of reaching that point.
Luckily, my body had other things in mind and I hope your body decides that IVF is the ticket for you!! I'm so excited for you to be with this RE, he seems like a godsend.
Glad you are starting your injections. I know I was anxious to start doing something to move me closer to my goal. I also understand getting scared about it too. So many what if went through my mind. Thankfully that passed and now I am just happy to be "doing something" that WILL lead to a baby in arms.
Happy New Year and congrats on getting your IVF cycle started. You've got a long list of drugs in your protocal! Hopefully they all do the trick for you!
I had the same feelings, that maybe I didn't want to do this right now since this was it for us. I especially felt that on the day of my beta...I just kept wondering what we were going to do since we'd likely only be able to a FET and then possibly one more IVF cycle. I was even making a mental list of who I would consider for a surrogate. I just had to continually remind myself that we were exactly where we should be, as are you. God does have a plan and you've got many people, including me, praying that this is the cycle for your little miracle(s)!!!
Happy new year Faith!
I truly hope that now you've made the step to ivf, that it all works out for the best and your dreams come true in 2007... x
Hi Faith!
Thanks for your comment on my blog.
I hope your IVIg infusion goes well - safe travels!
I'm glad to hear that your stress level is lower than before. That is great news, and hopefully will continue onward!
You are so right - all we can do is follow the RE's instructions and hope for the best. The rest is truly out of our hands.
Wishing you all the best, Cycle Sista! Let this be the only IVF you need, and maybe we can experience pregnancy together!?
Hi again,
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am so thrilled we're both seeing the infamous Dr. Z!!
Am I total dork and your e-mail is listed on your site? Very likely...feel free to e-mail me at meadsmith@hotmail.com if you like. I'd love to hear more about how things at ZFC go for you. I wish you much luck!
And I'm sorry for the worry about your doggie, if there's anything I can ever do in a pinch, let me now. My sister has 3 King Charles Spaniels so my Boston is pretty used to them :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home