Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Flunked Suppression

On Monday I went for a baseline E2 blood test and it came back at 255. Way over the 70 limit that my clinic wants to see. They told me to come in yesterday for another E2 and u/s so they could find out what is going on. I cancelled my IVIg appt and headed up for the long drive wondering what the hell was wrong.

I ended up having a 40mm cyst on my right ovary. Dr Z was pretty amazed. I didn't have any cysts at my last u/s on Dec 10th and that was the day I started my bcp's. So I grew this cyst while on bcp's and Lupron. Not exactly normal. Dr. Z actually called me special. I didn't take that as a good special. The E2 from yesterday came back at 198 so at least that's better than the 255. It's headed the right direction. My menstrual bleeding picked up yesterday so maybe that's helping.

The plan. I am to remain on Lupron until Sunday and will go back for another u/s and E2. Dr. Z thinks the cyst will go away on its own with the help of Lupron. It's pretty hard for me to believe that a 40cm cyst will disappear in 5 days. He mentioned that if it's still there and smaller than we'll just do an additional week of Lupron. Overall he said I should just plan on my cycle being pushed off by one or two weeks.

I feel pretty bummed and wonder why my body can never do what it's supposed to.

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

At 1/10/2007 8:27 AM, Blogger Heather said...

So sorry it's all messed up. I guess that explains the period. Hang in there and take a deep breath. Our bodies never want to do what we want them to do.

 
At 1/10/2007 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith, I'm so sorry. I know how disappointed you must be. But, let's just call this a delay for now.

I am worried too - we have one last test we're waiting for (part of the endo. biopsy) that could delay us too... I'm taking every day without a phone call from my Dr. S as a success... but I'm secretly freaking out about a delay. When we get ourselves so mentally prepared for doing this, any delay is difficult to process. There is already way too much waiting in this process!

Thinking of you, and hoping that your cyst is pulling a disappearing act so you can get this show on the road!

 
At 1/10/2007 10:32 AM, Blogger Kir said...

Oh Faith, I am so sorry. I know that waiting is the last thing you want to be doing now.
I will just keep you in my prayers and think good thoughts that that cyst will be gone before Sunday.

*hugs*

 
At 1/10/2007 11:01 AM, Blogger Nickie said...

well crud! I'll tell you that I also grew cysts on bcp (the opposite of what most women tend to do) and my RE switched me from MDL to antagonist b/c they were concerned that even the microdose of lupron would cause them to grow more.

IF the cyst doesn't go away, I'd ask about bagging this attempt and trying antagonist if you get a clear cd2 baseline. He may not agree, but it's worth an ask.

Also, I ended up having 2 cysts aspirated, I think this is what finally got my cysts to go away. Feel free to search my blog archives for my whole saga history. Feel free to let your RE know about my story too in case it helps. Maybe it's a highFSH thing, who knows?

In any event, g/l and I hope the lupron does what they think it will do for you and that cyst is gone and you can continue with a successful cycle.

 
At 1/10/2007 5:39 PM, Blogger squarepeg said...

Shit. I'm sorry! Waiting blows :(

 
At 1/10/2007 6:32 PM, Blogger Smarshy said...

Sorry Faith. That blows. I wish I could write sometime that would make you feel better.

 
At 1/10/2007 6:47 PM, Blogger Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Delurking...well, I have only been here a week, but I had something simular happen, and I am begining to think there is something to it now... I went for 14 days on Lupron, and was in agony at the end, no bleed just agony. I wasn't on BCP's just the lupron, so I go in on day 14 for an U/S, and I had 15 to 17 cysts on each of my ovaries... no kidding, the RE told me she had never seen it before, and they looked like the ovaries of someone who had stimmed for 10 days, and was ready for retrieval... I was blown away!! My E2 was 1700!! So don't feel to bad sweetie, if the cyst is shrinking then that is good... I hope that you get better news, and a delay is just that a delay!! Hugs to you, and keep that chin up!!

 
At 1/10/2007 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith,

I'm so sorry to hear about the possible delay!

I can only imagine that once you get started with the Lupron it's like, come on: Let's just get on with it and get to retrieval/transfer! It must feel so frustrating.

I am holding good thoughts that the cyst goes away on its own, and quickly, and that you can get back on track with the fabulous Dr. Z. and your IVF is a great success!!

 
At 1/10/2007 8:13 PM, Blogger ellie said...

Oh, more delays- seems like it takes forever this process. Good news is that the bleeding you had while still on the bcps was most likely caused by the cyst and if you are having your period then there is a good chance it will just go away on it's own. I have no idea how it all works-- but I was specializing in cysts for awhile and I get mixed messages-- some REs believe that the bcps stop cysts and some don't. It's not a science-- and I know it sucks. I am hoping the best for you and that it goes away and you can more forward!! Such a long drive-- I wonder if we are passing each onther on the freeway going opposite directions! :)

 
At 1/11/2007 1:34 AM, Blogger M said...

Oh crap- when will you get a break?

Not fair, hugs... x

 
At 1/11/2007 1:49 AM, Blogger Bea said...

There's just so many hurdles! And for this one to have fallen in your path... still, RE sounds hopeful and it seems to be moving in the right direction. Let's hope this is the worst of it.

Bea

 
At 1/11/2007 8:24 AM, Blogger soralis said...

So sorry... hope that the cyst does decide to go away.

Take care

 
At 1/11/2007 5:15 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

Oh Faith, I'm so sorry! That is just the shits

 
At 1/11/2007 10:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I am sorry to hear that. i know that you are ready to get things started with this cycle. Waiting is just horrible.

 
At 1/12/2007 7:47 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I posted earlier but it's not showing?!?!?
I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry that you had to face this delay. I'm praying that you get good news next week and can put this behind you and move on!!

 
At 1/13/2007 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew a cyst too, but it did go away quickly, hope the same happens for you!!!!

 
At 1/14/2007 5:17 AM, Blogger Baby Blues said...

So sorry, I know it could get so frustrating. Just hang in there. We're cheering for you!

 
At 1/15/2007 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one area where you don't want to be "special"! I can understand how frustrated you must be. I hope it resolves itself soon.

 
At 1/15/2007 5:53 PM, Blogger Vegemiteontoast 4U said...

I guess I"m a few steps behind: one year, one m/c and d&C, two cycles of clomid. Next stop: IUI. Reading your experiences helps to know what is/might be ahead. And yes, it s**ks when our body does not do what we want it to do. What's going on in there? Why can't I WILL it to do what I want. What other people seem capable of. I look look forward hopefully and with good vibes to what news you will have next. See my story unfold in a video blog: mother2bvlog.blogspot.com
Looking forward to hearing any and everyone's comments...
Best wishes to all...

 
At 1/16/2007 4:09 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Faith - sorry I haven't checked in sooner... I am really sorry about the cyst and the delay in your cycle. Not an auspicious beginning indeed.

Deep breaths - I am sending you "go away cyst!" vibes.

Hugs.

 
At 1/16/2007 8:16 AM, Blogger Pattycake said...

Just want to let you know that your blog is so helpful for me. I think I may also have some autoimmune issues and felt like I was the only one looking into IVIg. I am in the 2ww for IUI #3 and will probably proceed with IUI#4 but I don't really have alot of confidence in IUI for my situation.

I am really sorry to hear about your cyst. I am praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller