Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Colds...

Both boys are sick. They basically made it to a year of age before getting ill for the first time so I'm grateful for that. But their first colds are miserable. We've got fevers, runny noses, cough & congestion, moments of being listless, moments of full on Cranky babies, etc...

Both J and I are feeling a little under the weather too. Seems like everyone I know is sick right now. Isn't this a little early in the season for colds to be starting? Starting to think we don't need playgroups or outings... do we really need friends? ;)

Let's see. What else? We have our dog Harley in dog training. Started the first class last weekend and I'm hoping that we see some improvements. She's a good dog but has been acting out more since the twins were born. She doesn't appreciate the fact that all of my time and attention is no longer focused on her. So if she could learn some basic commands and not bark or jump on people then I'd be thrilled.

For Labor Day Weekend we went to stay w/ my Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law. We had a really nice time. It was great seeing the cousins interact. They have a 2 and 4 year old and they were wonderful w/ the boys. We're going to try and visit more so they grow up knowing each other well. They'll be here for the boys first birthday and then we plan to stay w/ them for a extended Halloween weekend. I think we'll dress all four cousins as a theme. We were thinking they could all be barnyard animals or zoo animals. It would be cute b/c all the parents could be farmers or zoo keepers.

Not a whole lot going on. The boys are doing great besides having this horrible cold. Matthew is a full on walker... and Andrew is pulling up on everything. He practices all day and is finally learning how to get down correctly on his own. It used to be that he'd fall or land face first. I find both boys standing in their cribs most morning facing each other and chatting away. Its very cute. Andrew also loves to say UT OH after he drops something. Both love books so I have to refrain from buying to many. It'll be fun when they are old enough to pick a few out each week from the library. I suppose we could start that now and I could help them.

Only two weeks until they turn a year old! I can't wait. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures.

Labels:

18 Comments:

At 9/11/2008 11:10 AM, Blogger Linlee said...

I know where you are coming from, everyone is sick in my house too. Hope your boys start feeling better!

 
At 9/11/2008 7:47 PM, Blogger edie & ella said...

We were sick recently too.....a virus. Yucky Yucky Yucky!!!
Those handsome little guys are growing up on you girl....please do make sure to post pictures of their party...how fun!!!! sam

 
At 9/11/2008 7:56 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

When kids all go back to school the sickness starts, without fail!!! Then the rest of us catch it.

 
At 9/11/2008 9:53 PM, Blogger Soralis said...

Sick twins, yuck! Hope they get better soon. Sometimes I really hate going out (but if I don't it seems the hubby brings it home from work for us so I guess hiding isn't an option). We are just getting over a round here and it seems like the youngest always gets it the worst.

Enjoy the big #1 party! I am so jealous, we are past 1's now with all of them... they just grow way to fast!

 
At 9/11/2008 11:38 PM, Blogger cat said...

You are so lucky to get to a year without major health issues. We were not so lucky with the twins. And great that they are walking/almost walking - my one guy is not even crawling yet.

 
At 9/12/2008 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you are all feeling better soon. Be sure to stop by...you have been "awarded"

 
At 9/12/2008 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the sickness... UGH. Hopefully everyone is better for the party!

I'm sure the training will help Harley. Good for you on doing this.

Thanks for the update!

 
At 9/12/2008 12:46 PM, Blogger Helene said...

Hope your boys feel better soon! One of my little ones has a cold and it's such a bummer watching him struggle to breathe through his nose!

The 1st birthday is so exciting!!! Your boys sound like they're doing so well! I started taking my kids to the library at an early age (never an easy feat) but they all love books to this day and they always look forward to going. Do they have a storytime at your local library? My kids LOVE that.

I found your blog through Kari's blog! I don't know too many other people besides myself and a couple friends who have had to do IVIg for their IVF cycles!! I'm in CA too!!

 
At 9/12/2008 11:01 PM, Blogger Tonya Staab said...

Hope you all feel better soon. There is definitely something going around, a ton of people I know (including us) are also sick at the moment.

 
At 9/13/2008 4:08 AM, Blogger Bea said...

I am not looking forwards to our first cold. And that's with one! Hope you're all better soon, and happy 1st b'day in advance!

Bea

 
At 9/15/2008 9:03 AM, Blogger Runergirl said...

Hope they feel better soon!!!

 
At 9/15/2008 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't checked in for a while, but I'm so glad to see you're all doing well! I can't believe the boys are almost a year old!! Have fun celebrating! :)

D

 
At 9/16/2008 3:21 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Where has the time gone? 2 weeks until the boys are a year old? That is crazy. Sorry about the colds - that's no fun. Everyone here has one, too. Hope you all are feeling better soon!

 
At 9/17/2008 5:02 AM, Blogger The Broken Man said...

Hope the kids feel better soon - and I hope our as-yet-unborn baby makes it as long as yours before getting ill! They must have super immune systems!

The Broken Man

 
At 9/17/2008 8:17 AM, Blogger edie & ella said...

ONE MORE WEEK........Yikes time flies!!!!!!!sam

 
At 9/22/2008 6:02 PM, Blogger Jen said...

WOW! Can't believe it's been a year already! Happy almost bday boys!

 
At 9/27/2008 8:00 PM, Blogger Jaimie said...

Happy first birthday!!!

 
At 9/27/2008 8:57 PM, Blogger edie & ella said...

Happy birthday to you and you. Happy birthday to you and you.
Happy birthday dear Matthew and Andrew.
Happy birthday to you and you!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!SAM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller